RESORT ONLY TRIP JAN. 11-16 AT PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE ~~ "DIS"ILLUSIONED ABOUT BUS TRANSPORTATION

vadersprincess12

Mouseketeer
DH and I did a "resort only" stay at POR in a Royal Room. Deliberately booked Royal since those buildings do not permit dogs. I have an allergy to dogs but also we did not want to be awakened by yapping dogs at 2 a.m. Don't want to be a Debbie Downer but people need to leave their pets at home ~ I can see true, necessary service dogs but otherwise no. Disney and everyone else want to be "inclusive" but while they are including those who want to travel with pets, they are not being inclusive to those who have allergies so what do you do?

We enjoyed our resort only stay ~ there's mini golf, Disney Springs, resort hopping, pool time and lot of walking which was our goal for this trip. We rode the skyliner for the first time too and that was fun; a great way to get around. Speaking of transportation ~ we were very "dis"illusions by the bus transportation this trip. We think that posting the bus times is probably one of the worst things Disney has done. When you arrive and see your posted time (eg. you arrive at 11:54 a.m. and see a posted time of 2:12 for your bus) you figure not a bad wait. Then your time gets moved to 2:18, then 2:21, then to 2:25.......but in the span of less than 5 minutes three, yes THREE buses arrive for EPCOT. There's no one waiting after the first bus so the second two just leave. Then your time moves to 2:28, then 2:31, and then again, in the span of less then five minutes, three again, yes THREE buses arrive for Animal Kingdom and again no one waiting so they just leave. Your bus finally arrives at 2:40. Something is wrong with this picture. We asked a driver how the transportation system works and she said they go where they are told to go. So why wouldn't a driver be permitted to tell dispatch that there are a boatload of people waiting for other parks and be able to pick them up????? We get that it's free, but it's just frustrating.

Leaving the Magic Kingdom (we go for the monorails and boats) were waiting again for a bus back to POR and the same thing happens ~ and then you see a double bus pick up TWO people for All Star and leave. TWO people while a line of about 15 are still waiting for POR. Just doesn't make sense.

Our other issue was housekeeping ~ we DID NOT opt out of housekeeping. On our first morning, we ran out of conditioner so obviously it's not checked as often as it needs to be. I get cost saving measures and the reduction of plastic bottles, but at least these things should be checked each day. I have very long hair and use a lot of conditioner. We called and it was refilled rather quickly so credit to them for that. BUT, on our last full day we get a call at 3 p.m. asking if we still wanted housekeeping for that day. We just happened to be in the room changing for the pool. Well, YES! We need clean towels, etc. I told the caller we'd be leaving in less than 2 minutes to go to the pool. 1 1/2 hours later when we came back the room was still not cleaned and we wanted to get ready for dinner. We had to call them ~ it was finally cleaned at 6 p.m.

The resort itself is beautiful and we enjoy the walking paths. Riverside Mill Food Court was good, never too packed. Those serving could be a little friendlier. It was always clean. Shout out to Ray from Bayshore, NY who we spoke with at length ~ he was great!!! We walked over to French Quarter a couple of times for breakfast for a change of pace. Great french toast and beignets!

We took a horse drawn carriage ride on our last night which was absolutely lovely.

All-in-all it was a really nice trip but would like to see changes in their transportation system.

Reactions: DLo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter