Resort reservation/fasspass question

HappyCamperToo

Fish gotta fly
Not sure how to proceed.

We have a Sep room only reservation at Pop, 1 room, 4 people. Tried recently to get another reservation for additional room for 2 more people, but sold out and was only able to get them a room at ASM.

At the 60-day mark we were able to get nice fastpasses that we don't want to risk losing. And I was told that changing resorts doesn't affect fastpasses, so I've been checking often.

Still can't transfer to a room at Pop through Disney, but just found and booked a (cancelable) room at Pop, same dates, on Priceline. I have the 12 digit reservation number.

Is there going to be a way that this can work out for us? That the 2 added people can stay at Pop but don't lose their fastpasses?

Should I call resort reservations, call the Internet helpline, or do something else?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Not sure how to proceed.

We have a Sep room only reservation at Pop, 1 room, 4 people. Tried recently to get another reservation for additional room for 2 more people, but sold out and was only able to get them a room at ASM.

At the 60-day mark we were able to get nice fastpasses that we don't want to risk losing. And I was told that changing resorts doesn't affect fastpasses, so I've been checking often.

Still can't transfer to a room at Pop through Disney, but just found and booked a (cancelable) room at Pop, same dates, on Priceline. I have the 12 digit reservation number.

Is there going to be a way that this can work out for us? That the 2 added people can stay at Pop but don't lose their fastpasses?

Should I call resort reservations, call the Internet helpline, or do something else?

Thank you in advance for your advice.
Load the Priceline reservation into your MDE account and make sure that you can see all of your resort reservations., the two at POP and the ASM reservation. Wait a day or two so that everything updates on your account. Then you would be safe to cancel the ASM reservation.

There is a thread on the Themeparks forum with more information.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/

This thread covers your questions too
https://www.disboards.com/threads/switching-resorts-and-maintaining-fastpass.3758524/
Bottom line, as long as you have a reservation on MDE for the corresponding dates that you have FP booked, it is fine. Doesn't matter where you booked it.

Though my 2 FP for the date we canceled are still there. Only thing I can guess is that because we have reservations for dates near that and it was within 30 days it just didn't trigger an auto delete, even though it did send me to notices that they FP would be canceled.

I see all three room reservations on MDE since yesterday so I'm going to cancel ASM now.

Question though.... after reading the whole FAQ, wouldn't their FP+ stay live anyway since it says if off site guest is linked to or listed on accounts of onsite guests they share the onsite guests 60 day booking window. So they would be legit to have those FP+ anyway?

I started to cancel the ASM reservation online and got a message saying that fastpasses associated with this reservation will be canceled. So I chickened out and did not confirm the cancellation. :(

I started to cancel the ASM reservation online and got a message saying that fastpasses associated with this reservation will be canceled. So I chickened out and did not confirm the cancellation. :(
That's a default statement anytime you cancel a reservation
I'm not fully following everything
However, If you have any reservation for those dates they will not cancel the FP

I went though a similar situation when I upgraded my hotel from CBR to AKL.

The cast member on the phone cancelled my CBR reservation before my AKL reservation was in MDE account. It took about 5 minutes of no-reservation time, before the AKL reservation loaded. So for 5 minutes I had my FPs hanging out there with no hotel reservation on the account.

I did NOT lose my FPs. I did get an email though after the fact saying that my FPs had changed and I needed to review/update the account to keep them. When I checked MDE account, nothing change.

Disney's system is VERY buggy and makes no sense, but sometimes it plays to your favor - like it did for me.

Just as another data point, I used MDE to modify our Oct 22 (so 58 days out) room-only reservation (from standard room/rate to a fall promo rate/room) at the same resort, and the FastPasses were not canceled. This is what one would expect, of course, but I haven’t seen anyone indicate this exact scenario anywhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!