Resort Room Assignments: How do I make a request that actually works?

I agree that it's luck of the draw. We are currently at BCV. Our “request” was quiet pool view second floor. We request this every year and ALWAYS at least get a pool view. We are currently in a fifth floor room with a woods view😂

I try to do this and works great at BLT and not at all BCV -I usually say overlooking the quiet pool ,highest you can get me -
four times i ended up on the ground floor 2x's looking towards the quick service /store patio ...once looking at the quiet pool
and last year I got the 2 BR and invited relatives and ended up in the woods and smoking area
The good part is I have probably had 6 other times looking over the quiet pool ,just wish it wasn't when I invited the " Fam "

Works great at BLT (have gotten every request), and hit or miss at VGF as well.

At BLT - usually high floor even number room. One year we were on the 4th floor in a standard room with fireworks views. But basically every standard and 1x lake view we've gotten a view of the park and fireworks.

At VGF, we limit the request to highest floor possible, once we were on the 4th floor with a lovely sunset/side lake/monorail view in a standard room; another time we were on the ground floor. Oh well. At least with the ground floor, we were super close to the pool and our hallway was very quiet.

I've been lucky at OKW, I've gotten my requests about 70% of the time, but they are pretty generic...

OP mentioned the VGF. Excluding Grand Villas, there is 47 dedicated 2 bedrooms and 47 lock offs. That means at most there are 47 studios and 1 bedrooms. Let's say 48 for easier math. 48/6 (6 floors to the VGF) means there are 8 per floor. Now, if check out dates are equally distributed (which they may not be, there may be more turn over on saturdays and sundays), means you have basically 1 room of each type "opening up" on each floor everyday. That is some pretty slim pickens! There is a good change, at least in the case of the VGF, that there isnt a room opening up on the 6th floor on a given day at all. Obviously bigger resorts wont have such an issue.

All that being said, I dont feel my requests get honored much. I asked for an upper floor last trip at Poly - ended up on the first.

Right after I make my reservation I email in my room request to be attached to the reservation. We've always gotten what we ask for. (On the other hand we're not asking for high demand rooms either.)

Did the charge you for the cleaning? I have heard that if you ask to change rooms, they will charge it, unless the move is due to an issue with room, it just based on a request.
When we change rooms the next day we have never been charged for cleaning. I hadn't even thought of that, maybe we have been lucky, and they see we are there for a long duration. Who knows? This year we are taking a chance and just booking it all in one go, so we will see how that pans out for us :)

As always, YMMV.

When we change rooms the next day we have never been charged for cleaning. I hadn't even thought of that, maybe we have been lucky, and they see we are there for a long duration. Who knows? This year we are taking a chance and just booking it all in one go, so we will see how that pans out for us :)

As always, YMMV.

Good to know. Whether it was pixie dust or maybe they really don’t, glad you did not! Thanks for the info.

We’ve had the same issue at VGF- requesting highest floor and/or monorail view. The last trip it almost seemed like the room assigner chose the most opposite of our request- 1st floor, fountain view. I spoke with the cm and he explained that VGF is extremely popular and is 100% booked 99% of the time. They have to account for check in/ check out of other guests and it’s a bit like a jigsaw puzzle.

My take away was if you get your request, or even a portion of your request, it’s a miracle. I’ll continue to send in requests, but I will manage my expectations more in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter