Resort Survey ... on Resort Fees

That is what scares me. Many once great corporations that ruled their markets have gone bye bye or been significantly reduced for taking their customers for granted. In all cases there were other forces at play, but taking customers for granted was a major force that hurt them. GM and Kodak are the ones that pop into my head immediately when I hear comments like this. Why this scares me is I love WDW, but hate the direction it is going. The value to me has diminished significantly where this is now my third year going elsewhere because of perceived value, I will probably return next year. When the day comes that they have upset enough of their repeat customers as they have me and it causes a drop in attendance then the floor will fall out from underneath them and they wont have any way to stop it, it will be sudden and dramatic, I don't want that day to come. Then again nothing lasts forever.
In all fairness I think Kodak disappeared because Technology made them obsolete.
In regard to attendance dropping. With Pandora, Toy Tory Land, SW Land coming I don't foresee that happening any time soon.

In all fairness I think Kodak disappeared because Technology made them obsolete.
In regard to attendance dropping. With Pandora, Toy Tory Land, SW Land coming I don't foresee that happening any time soon.

Kodak refused to accept a new technology and took for granted that their customers would always want film. The drop at Kodak was sudden and uncontrollable. they had the money to perform R&D on digital technologies and did not do it, at least not before the bottom fell out. I am interested to see what new or improved technologies WDW invests in for all these new lands.

A $15 resort fee for things that are already included in the price is one more step in the wrong direction and helps reduce the perceived value of the destination.

When was the last time anyone booked a room at the Polynesian for $350. $350 average would assume that some of the rooms cost less than that. I just checked the spring resort offer and came up with $426.75 per night with a 25% discount.

Edited, sorry my bad, that was for the Poly Villas, the standard room with 25% discount is $483 per night.

Kodak refused to accept a new technology and took for granted that their customers would always want film. The drop at Kodak was sudden and uncontrollable. they had the money to perform R&D on digital technologies and did not do it, at least not before the bottom fell out. I am interested to see what new or improved technologies WDW invests in for all these new lands.

A $15 resort fee for things that are already included in the price is one more step in the wrong direction and helps reduce the perceived value of the destination.

And Disney had record profits and attendance yet has decided to pursue a course of big cuts in entertainment, staffing and hours. I see both as examples of companies thinking they are too big to fail.

Has anyone heard more about the alleged resort fees? I wonder if they will show up with the new resort rates next year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter