resort transfer time question

Lisa F

is a very wise woman
if we are at the parks the entire day before, can you call the front desk and find out what time your resort transfer is or will you not find out until you actually get back to your room?

Thanks!

if we are at the parks the entire day before, can you call the front desk and find out what time your resort transfer is or will you not find out until you actually get back to your room?

Thanks!

The challenge might be getting calling the front desk while not in your room, as I believe some of the calls are routed to off-site personnel.

We have used the service twice from a Disney resort. Both times the letter was in an envelope and hung on our door. I do not know if those were printed on-site so that a resort CM had seen them and know the information or if they were dropped off by DCL already in the envelope.

Call to the desk routes to a call center, who will stone cold make something up. I'd not rely on that as a source.

Thanks!
I'll just add that one time we didn't receive our letter until after dinner time, so the final routing may not be done until then.

Maybe before you head to the park ask at the front desk before you leave in the morning??

We checked in the day before our cruise and asked at Concierge when they would be collecting the luggage for the cruise. They said we would receive a letter and it was on the door when we returned from the parks. Luggage pickup was 8a - meet transpo at 11a.

With regards to the luggage pickup: I assume that if you want to keep a pilot case, etc. that you can just bring those along with you to the bus? On all of our previous DCL and ME transportation, we just brought the luggage to the bus and it was tossed under right as we got on. This spring will be our first time using DCL bus from the resort.

With regards to the luggage pickup: I assume that if you want to keep a pilot case, etc. that you can just bring those along with you to the bus? On all of our previous DCL and ME transportation, we just brought the luggage to the bus and it was tossed under right as we got on. This spring will be our first time using DCL bus from the resort.

You can absolutely keep your carry-on bags with you.

Yes, anything you wish to carry onboard the ship (not use the checked bags service), you take with you to the bus.

Just to confirm...

1) We can put the luggage tags on the luggage and keep it with us, taking it to the bus in the morning departing our WDW resort via DCL transport.

2) We will keep our carryons with us and they will put the large tagged luggage in the bottom of the DCL transport bus that is transporting us to PC.

Am I correct on both?

Just to confirm...

1) We can put the luggage tags on the luggage and keep it with us, taking it to the bus in the morning departing our WDW resort via DCL transport.

2) We will keep our carryons with us and they will put the large tagged luggage in the bottom of the DCL transport bus that is transporting us to PC.

Am I correct on both?

Do tag your luggage, but not your carry-ons. Bell services will come to collect it about 8am (your letter will give the correct time). You will next see your luggage on the ship.

Keep your carry-ons. They will go with you on the bus.

Can I just take the luggage to the bus with us?

I've seen people haul their own luggage and it rode with them instead of under the bus, but since you're paying for luggage service, why not use it?

I've seen people haul their own luggage and it rode with them instead of under the bus, but since you're paying for luggage service, why not use it?
I am one of the worry wart persons and don't want to take the chance of my luggage not making it onto the ship! :oops:

Can I just take the luggage to the bus with us?

I guess so. But, I am thinking of where the buses pull into the cruise port terminal. I do not remember there being porters there. So instead of going right in the side door to the security check, you might need to walk around to the front to drop off your luggage with porters.

thanks to those who answered, and don't mind the detour.

We are doing a marathon day at the parks the day before ending with Disney After Hours from 9-1am. I don't mind groggily giving in the luggage at 8am, we're going to do a leisurely room service breakfast and hang at the room til checkout time. Was more just curiosity - I'm hoping it's not a ridiculously late time.

I've never heard of Disney losing anyone's luggage. I suppose anything is possible but their system is probably pretty contained, gather it up, put it on a truck to the port, put it on the ship. I'd be more worried about airlines losing my luggage than disney.

I guess so. But, I am thinking of where the buses pull into the cruise port terminal. I do not remember there being porters there. So instead of going right in the side door to the security check, you might need to walk around to the front to drop off your luggage with porters.
Porters took my back from the bus on arrival at PC on my last trip. No barcoded luggage tags and no room assignment either. Just our name scribbled in pen. It was in our room by 4PM.

I am one of the worry wart persons and don't want to take the chance of my luggage not making it onto the ship! :oops:
We had a bad experience with luggage transport. Wasn't from one of the WDW hotels, but when we did a DCL cruise from Quebec. We stayed in a hotel that Disney recommends, and paid for the DCL transport from hotel to port. We were told to pack and leave our tagged luggage in the room. After we had boarded and were having lunch on the Magic, I got a voicemail that there was a problem picking up our luggage. Eventually I was able to get in touch with someone who told me that when they went to our room to get the luggage, all the suitcases were open and unpacked. I was planning on disembarking and taking a cab back to the hotel to try to get things straightened out when we got another call that they told us that they had gone to the wrong room, and had indeed found our luggage and where getting it to the ship. We were very happy when it actually showed up onboard.

YIKES CM Dad! I'll bet you were about ready to have a major anxiety attack.

So just to confirm, I can bring my luggage with me from WDW. They will put it in the bottom of the transport bus and then they will take it to someone who will then load it on the Dream. Correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!