Resort transportation to/from MNSSHP. What's running during/after hard ticket events?

Bowen Family

Mouseketeer
We are planning to attend a MNSSHP during a short Orlando visit this year, but will be staying off-site with extended family. In order to make a full Disney day of the party, and also to simplify transportation and parking (we'll have our car with us), I'm thinking about the following itinerary:

- use an ADR to park at Wilderness Lodge (our favourite resort!)
- lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe about 1pm
- use Wilderness Lodge water taxi to arrive at MK just prior to 4pm
- use Wilderness Lodge water taxi to return to car after midnight

Any idea if this plan will work? Are all resort transportation options, including water taxis, operating during/after hard ticket events? Wondering if it might be simpler to look at the Contemporary for lunch instead, and just walk over from there.

Thanks for any insight!

We are planning to attend a MNSSHP during a short Orlando visit this year, but will be staying off-site with extended family. In order to make a full Disney day of the party, and also to simplify transportation and parking (we'll have our car with us), I'm thinking about the following itinerary:

- use an ADR to park at Wilderness Lodge (our favourite resort!)
- lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe about 1pm
- use Wilderness Lodge water taxi to arrive at MK just prior to 4pm
- use Wilderness Lodge water taxi to return to car after midnight

Any idea if this plan will work? Are all resort transportation options, including water taxis, operating during/after hard ticket events? Wondering if it might be simpler to look at the Contemporary for lunch instead, and just walk over from there.

Thanks for any insight!

All resort transportation options run during/after MNSSHP - things operate just like a normal park day. The water taxi back to WL will normally be available after the party.

BUT, your WL ADR only allows you three hours of parking at WL. You’re not supposed to park, eat, then leave your car there all afternoon/evening. You CAN do this if you valet (which I think is $25).

Hope that helps.

All resort transportation options run during/after MNSSHP - things operate just like a normal park day. The water taxi back to WL will normally be available after the party.

BUT, your WL ADR only allows you three hours of parking at WL. You’re not supposed to park, eat, then leave your car there all afternoon/evening. You CAN do this if you valet (which I think is $25).

Hope that helps.

Thank you for that, and I had no idea about the 3-hour restriction! We've done something similar in the past (lunch and then an afternoon monorail resort hopping), and didn't know I was breaking the rules! I'll look into the valet option, which if $25 is not bad at all compared to the new $22 MK day rate.

Thank you for that, and I had no idea about the 3-hour restriction! We've done something similar in the past (lunch and then an afternoon monorail resort hopping), and didn't know I was breaking the rules! I'll look into the valet option, which if $25 is not bad at all compared to the new $22 MK day rate.

Yeah, enforcement of these kinds of things can be a bit variable when Disney is involved, but that’s the way it’s ‘supposed’ to work. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter