Resort Window Fun!

QueenBeeMB

Let's talk crafts!
It has been a few years since my last trip to WDW (2014) so I am thrilled to be planning for our trip in January to CSR.

This is our first deluxe stay and I am just itching to get started on decorations for the windows and doors.
Because we check in on 1/3 I will have just missed the time frame for New Years themed ideas. I am having trouble thinking of other themes.

Help! Anyone have ideas? :confused3

EDIT: Switched resorts!

Last edited:
I'm following..curious as well. I'm planning a stay at Fort Wilderness cabins in December (2018) and looking for ideas as well. Would love to see photos, etc to get inspired.

It has been a few years since my last trip to WDW (2014) so I am thrilled to be planning for our trip in January to CSR.

This is our first deluxe stay and I am just itching to get started on decorations for the windows and doors.
Because we check in on 1/3 I will have just missed the time frame for New Years themed ideas. I am having trouble thinking of other themes.

Help! Anyone have ideas? :confused3

EDIT: Switched resorts!

Hi - I'm going to CSR for the first time next Sat, Feb 3rd! How was your visit? Did you enjoy the resort? I would love to know how your window and door decorations turned out ....and maybe you could share them with me. :)

Hi - I'm going to CSR for the first time next Sat, Feb 3rd! How was your visit? Did you enjoy the resort? I would love to know how your window and door decorations turned out ....and maybe you could share them with me. :)

I don't have any photos with me, they are all on my partners phone. But, what I ended up doing was finding two strings of lights that were battery operated. I used suction cups with hooks to string them across the window. The lights were copper mini lanterns. I had a red battery operated lantern I put on the window ledge, with some faux evergreen branches and pine cones. The rest of the window had verticle hanging snowflake garland, like in lines. I kept the curtains closed and the lights on and it looked pretty cute at night.

I also had made sign with art supplies from Michaels that said "Our Adventure Continues 2018" and A bunch of balloons I made from punches with an UP! house I printed and folded into a 3D miniature from a Disney blog post I think.

the suction cups didn't work on the door do the surface being not smooth, but the window was fine.

Resort was nice, we had a refurb room and that was important to us, no complaints.

Your window decoration sounds perfect for that time of year! So glad you enjoyed the resort. I just faxed my request yesterday for refurb room in 8a or 8b. We have a water view room, so I hope we get a refurb room.

Glad I found this thread! We are staying at Pop in early December and I have never decorated a window. I think my daughter will love this! Certainly want to do a Christmas theme, but need ideas!

Glad I found this thread! We are staying at Pop in early December and I have never decorated a window. I think my daughter will love this! Certainly want to do a Christmas theme, but need ideas!
We love decorating when we go to Disney! I take printable magnetic sheets that you can use with your inkjet printer. You just make your design, print it out and cut it out! These are for the door. We decorate the window with window clings and stuffed Disney toys. We also have Mickey Head Christmas lights we hang up too!

Make sure you use suction cups or Command Strips so you don't damage the walls or trim!

Check out the thread "Decorating your resort room". There are lots of pictures of decorated windows!

we are doing a land and sea package this time and i can't wait to decorate our stateroom door and our resort room door. We are going at Halloween and i think i will need an extra suitcase just for decorations. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!