Restaurant Akershus Y/N?

hometech99

May I have 10,000 marbles, please?
Like ?

I do.

i hear many mixed opinions.
(the waitress even asked if we liked the food!)

OMG! This is my FAVORITE restaurant at EPCOT! I really liked it better when the hot bar was on the buffet, but I still love it! All I can say is, I can't wait to eat lamb and cabbage!:cool:

hi tiggersmom2, did they change the buffet? is there only a cold buffet at even at dinner? are there any hot entrees at all? i guess what i'm trying to ask is, what's changed? thanks

We tried it on our last trip and LOVED it! They have the cold buffet, then you order items from the menus that are hot. You can order as many entrees as you want, but you only order one at a time.

Long live Ringnes beer!

Its our favorite restraunt at Epcot too. We just ate there the other week. I even asked our great server Elisabeth about the russ celebration. I too wanted the lamb and cabbage which I had in aug, but they must have changed the hot menu, maybe its seasonal. I had the crispy chicken - excellent and dh had the trio sausage. He said it was good. We also had salmon and shared it the last time. He ate all 6 kinds of herring this time. I didnt share his interest in that. I had a great bread that had nuts in it. The pasta salad on the cold buffet was great too.

Definitely a yes for me. :teeth: I love having lunch there, and there's lots to eat for all sorts of people. Great for trying new things but nothing too exotic for all but the pickiest of eaters.

hi harambe, do they have the same menu for lunch as well as dinner? does it work the same way - cold choices on the buffet and hot choices one at a time from the menu?

Francie,
They still have the cold buffet with hot choices for lunch and dinner. The menus are different. For lunch you get Lamb with cabbage (oh yeah!::yes:: ), salmon, trout, meatballs and some pasta dish. I'm not sure what the dinner hot selections are because I CAN NOT miss that lamb and cabbage!:smooth:

YES!!!

Hesistant at first--but it was yummy...hubby enjoyed the frozen drink (something orange colored--I think it was mango :)

Desserts were delish.

If you forgo the desserts (or even if you don't) This was one of the best money's worth meals in the place.

Yes! This is a great place for a late lunch. Stuff yourself silly and you won't need to pay dinner prices anywhere.

We didn't like it, which is unusual because we are very adventureous eaters. I love sushi and other cold fish dishes, but I found all I really enjoyed was the brown cheese and bread. DS ordered a kdis meal (very odd for him). Luckily it was huge because we ended up eating off his plate. some have suggested we must not like vinegar in our food, but I certainly do. Everything seemed to have the same weird taste. This was in 2000 when the hot selections were still on the buffet.

Hey I even loved the rutabagas! I'd never eaten them before in my whole life. But I tried them on the hot buffet and went back for more!

It took a while to talk my family into trying, but after one trip it became one of our favorites. The desserts are awesome!!

And several years ago when my daughter & her best friend were 15, they fell in love with our waiter Bjorn! I think we spent 2 hours at dinner that night.

Yup, I love the mashed rutabagas too. I've never had them anywhere else. :teeth:

IMHO, Akershus is perfect for lunch. I love the cold buffet, bread, and soup. I have not been since they implemented the new system, but I am anxious to try it out. Previously when eating there I've stuffed myself on the cold items and soup. I am particularly fond of the cheeses, shrimp salad, and smoked fish. I'll have to force myself to save room for the lamb and cabbage--sounds fantastic!!!

If you go, definitely try to go for lunch due to the lower price. I also find the cold items more appealing at lunch time. If you enjoy beer, you must have a Ringnes. It's one of my favorite beers and I wish I could find it locally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter