Restaurant near Aulani

glassslipper2004

DIS Veteran
We had a great dinner tonight at Monkeypod. What are some other recs for dinner or lunch (other than at Aulani itself)?

If you have a car, there are a few great places in Kapolei and surrounding areas. Let me know if you have access to a car and I can send you my list.

Koa Pancake House, Sushi Bay, Ono Steak and Shrimp, Thai Lao are ones we have tried that are pretty good in Kapolei. If in Hawaii, do not miss Helena's if you love Hawaiian food. Leonard's mobile truck is in Waipahu, which is close by. I will list more later tonight. When are you there until?

Thanks! We’re here through Saturday. Will spend at least one afternoon/evening going to Lanikai and maybe the North Shore. I really appreciate your help!!

If you go to the North Shore, the shrimp trucks are a huge draw but we LOVED Kono's. It's a small place with some picnic tables, but they have these things called pork bombers that are out of this world. Almost two years later, and I still dream about it! They have breakfast as well. Highly recommend lunch at Kono's and then a stop up the street at Matsumoto's for shave ice. If you're looking for something nicer or maybe dinner later on, Haleiwa Beach House is beautiful.

If you venture to Kailua, I believe there is a Kono's there as well.

There is a Roy's across the street. Also a couple of restaurants at the Four Seasons next door.

Up the road a bit there is a good Italian restaurant, Assaggio.

There is a Roy's across the street. Also a couple of restaurants at the Four Seasons next door.

Up the road a bit there is a good Italian restaurant, Assaggio.

John & Kevin from the Dis Unplugged podcast gave Assaggio a good review. Recommended it as well.

I'll also add that the Marriott next to Aulani had some nice looking restaurants, but we can't speak to the food. The casual place, Longboards, has a great view of their lagoon and the resort feels overall less busy with less "stuff" around. Less cluttered, if that makes any sense.

John & Kevin from the Dis Unplugged podcast gave Assaggio a good review. Recommended it as well.
They were also not so favorable about the restaurant they tried at the Four Seasons. We've found our taste runs very similar to J&K's restaurant reviews over the years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter