• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Restaurant suggestions needed -- 4 adults, 4 kids

dawneg

Earning My Ears
Finally got the rooms (OKW 2Bdr) all set, then realized I only have 12 days before ADRs and no clue which restaurants to pick for our rather large group. The kids are all under 7 and not the most patient, so I'm looking for suggestions for best TS for us with nothing formal or with leisurely serving pace (I'm thinking CG, for example, which took us 2+ hours in Feb).

We'll do Olivia's at OKW one night. Any ideas in DTD or Epcot? I love Kona, but 8 seems like a big party for that space. Probably no character meals 'cause my DS is VERY character-phobic.

Thanks so much.

You may try Turf Way at SSR. It would be a bus or a boat from OKW to DTD to SSR. Good food, plenty of space, and decent service. I thought food was better at Turf Way, but service was better at Olivia's. As for DTD, Rainforest Cafe or T-Rex could accomodate the party number and service is pretty standard there. Depending on children's ages, the electronic animals may scare them if they are 4 or under. Fulton's at DTD was great (service and food), but it is a signature dining and quite pricey.

'Ohana for dinner - served family style.

Cape May Cafe - buffet with lots of seafood, don't worry I don't eat seafood and I found plenty to eat.

HDDR (2TS credits) great show and food.

Le Cellier - one of the hardest ADR's to get, pick a day near the end of your trip that you will be at Epcot.

Consider Sanaa for lunch so the kids can see the Animals; food wonderful too. Consider Boma if you just want great buffet served meals.

Coral Reef with the full wall aquarium was awesome with my 6yo nephew. It was the one place where he ate his entire meal and we actually really lingerd over the meal and he was fine. This was a great stop for lunch.

Hollywood and Vine was another hit with him; loved the activity sheet. Dinner there is a non character meal.

Mexico in Epcot, there is a boat ride inside the restaurant. I believe Norway offers a similar ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter