Restaurants around the Hilton Head Resort

ande2428

Mouseketeer
Hey all - Any recommendations for restaurants to have dinner near the Hilton Head Resort?

Hey all - Any recommendations for restaurants to have dinner near the Hilton Head Resort?
I can give you tons...what type of food and what cost? Close by the resort or a little drive away? I will start a list and post in another post but will take some time.

Near resort: (many offer 10% discount with room key)
1) Scott's...Seafood/bar in the marina and right across the water from resort (have a happy hour)
2) Social Bakery...also in marina good desserts
3) Bucci and Murray's...also in marina and kind of a mix of foods (Italian, Irish, seafood, pizza...have a happy hour)
4) San Miguel's...Mexican (haven't had food there yet but want to...have a happy hour)

5) Poseidon...seafood with outdoor bar and upper deck bar as well as huge indoor area. They are in the shopping center next to resort (by Kroger)
6) Jane's Bistro...quaint seafood place (haven't eaten there yet but hear it is really good)...also in Kroger center
7) Guiseppe's...Italian, pizza, sports bar-ish...really good and great prices...also in Kroger center
8) World of Beer...neat beer place with good food...also in Kroger Center

Not right near resort:
1) Frosty Frog...frozen drink place (like Fat Tuesdays)...kinda divey but really good food and great drinks (and in Coligny plaza with shopping about 8-10 min drive from resort)
2) Marley's Island Grill...great early bird deals and drink happy hours. Seafood and really good (near Coligny)
3) Stack's...about 1 mile down the parkway...breakfast place (diner type place they also have lunch but I've only done breakfast)
4) Alfred's...fancy tiny quaint little secret place across the parkway from resort...authentic German food and sooooo good (make resie)
5) Frankie Bones...steak is good here and great early bird deals...is up the parkway north of resort about 8-10 min drive
6) Crazy Crab...seafood and another one with great outdoor patio with water view...also up north of resort and kinda right when coming on island
7) Skull Creek Boathouse...more seafood and huge place with outdoor on water seating and several bars (kind of #1 place folks go so it gets SUPER busy, best to go for lunch like at 11:30-12:00 or weeknights and early...they don't take resies)...up by Frankie Bones and Crazy Crab but off the parkway a bit, about 12 mins from resort

I've been to a bunch of others, some so-so (like Crane's Tavern Steakhouse, Salty Dog, Black Marlin and Nick's) and some not as great as people say (like One Hot Mama's, which is BBQ and Chow Daddy's....I'd even put Skull Creek in here too but it's worth trying for the location) and some downright yucky (like Il Carpaccio Italian)

Near resort: (many offer 10% discount with room key)
1) Scott's...Seafood/bar in the marina and right across the water from resort (have a happy hour)
2) Social Bakery...also in marina good desserts
3) Bucci and Murray's...also in marina and kind of a mix of foods (Italian, Irish, seafood, pizza...have a happy hour)
4) San Miguel's...Mexican (haven't had food there yet but want to...have a happy hour)

5) Poseidon...seafood with outdoor bar and upper deck bar as well as huge indoor area. They are in the shopping center next to resort (by Kroger)
6) Jane's Bistro...quaint seafood place (haven't eaten there yet but hear it is really good)...also in Kroger center
7) Guiseppe's...Italian, pizza, sports bar-ish...really good and great prices...also in Kroger center
8) World of Beer...neat beer place with good food...also in Kroger Center

Not right near resort:
1) Frosty Frog...frozen drink place (like Fat Tuesdays)...kinda divey but really good food and great drinks (and in Coligny plaza with shopping about 8-10 min drive from resort)
2) Marley's Island Grill...great early bird deals and drink happy hours. Seafood and really good (near Coligny)
3) Stack's...about 1 mile down the parkway...breakfast place (diner type place they also have lunch but I've only done breakfast)
4) Alfred's...fancy tiny quaint little secret place across the parkway from resort...authentic German food and sooooo good (make resie)
5) Frankie Bones...steak is good here and great early bird deals...is up the parkway north of resort about 8-10 min drive
6) Crazy Crab...seafood and another one with great outdoor patio with water view...also up north of resort and kinda right when coming on island
7) Skull Creek Boathouse...more seafood and huge place with outdoor on water seating and several bars (kind of #1 place folks go so it gets SUPER busy, best to go for lunch like at 11:30-12:00 or weeknights and early...they don't take resies)...up by Frankie Bones and Crazy Crab but off the parkway a bit, about 12 mins from resort

I've been to a bunch of others, some so-so (like Crane's Tavern Steakhouse, Salty Dog, Black Marlin and Nick's) and some not as great as people say (like One Hot Mama's, which is BBQ and Chow Daddy's....I'd even put Skull Creek in here too but it's worth trying for the location) and some downright yucky (like Il Carpaccio Italian)
Wow! Thanks!

Near the resort, we ate at Scott's 3 weeks ago. Excellent food and service. Same with Poseiden (but about 2 1/2 weeks ago). We love all the SERG group restaurants, and they all give a 10% DVC discount. We also enjoyed the Hilton Head Diner (remember, it IS a diner-but a good breakfast), Old Fort Pub (pricey, though). Frankly, there hasn't been a meal on HHI that we've disliked.

Best BBQ on the island is at Bullies BBQ. Not the biggest restaurant, but great food. A very short drive from the resort. We ate there 3 times during our stay in Summer 2019.

There are so many wonderful restaurants on HHI!

Santa Fe Cafe is one of our favorites. Only about a half mile away from the resort and the painted desert soup is so good! Not scenic, but delicious.

For restaurants near the resort we also love Poseidon and San Miguel’s.

Lots of great restaurants in Sea Pines, further from the resort. If you end up in Sea Pines I would go to Topside at the Quarterdeck or Coast for a nice dinner with a beautiful view.

Elsewhere on the island, we love Skull Creek Boathouse, One Hot Mama’s, Lowcountry Backyard.

Favorite sub shop is Philly’s.

Last edited:
We went in early JUne and have more to add to list above...

1) finally ate at San Miguels and it is very very good. Was surprised because we aren't big Mexican food people but it was tasty.

2) ate at Charbar and it was also REALLY good. Great burgers, drinks and sushi. This is added to our must-do list.

3) ate at Reilley's next to One Hot Mamma's in that Barmuda Triangle. It was not great.

4) also got lured in to My Other Sister's Wine Bar (or whatever it's called in Shelter Cove by Bucci and Murray's) as our room was right overlooking it (we rented a non-DVC resort since DVC didn't open by then). We went after we'd eaten, to have drinks and try their charcuterie. It was meh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!