Restaurants for Christmas?

MrsRoyale

Mouseketeer
Hello all,

I am currently planning our next trip for December 2019. We will be spending Christmas at WDW, but I am not getting anywhere near a park on Christmas day because I know it is pure madness. With that being said, we still gotta eat, so could you recommend a restaurant with a nice, cheery, magical atmosphere for Christmas day? Our party is 2 adults + a six year old boy so I want to make that day as magical as possible for him!

Thanks in advance!

We will be in the parks for Christmas this year. Our Christmas day plans are Brunch at Chef Mickeys (my DD11 & DD15 requested this) and we will have dinner at Ohana. We are staying at Poly so the monorail makes getting around these areas easily.

Part of if might depend upon where you are staying. Have you thought about Trails End Buffet for dinner and a sleigh ride there?

We will be in the parks for Christmas this year. Our Christmas day plans are Brunch at Chef Mickeys (my DD11 & DD15 requested this) and we will have dinner at Ohana. We are staying at Poly so the monorail makes getting around these areas easily.

Part of if might depend upon where you are staying. Have you thought about Trails End Buffet for dinner and a sleigh ride there?

That might could work. We are DVC members so we'll be staying at our home resort, which is Copper Creek....A sleigh ride sounds fun!

If you are staying at Copper Creek, might I suggest Hoop Dee Doo Revue for dinner. You could then do the sleigh ride after the show as well. We went there 2 years ago for Thanksgiving Dinner and really enjoyed it. You will have the holiday version of the show which is nice. My other idea would have been Artist Point, as that was where we ate last year for Christmas. Also, at Hoop Dee Doo, your 6-year-old son may get to partake in the show as well.

If you are staying at Copper Creek, might I suggest Hoop Dee Doo Revue for dinner. You could then do the sleigh ride after the show as well. We went there 2 years ago for Thanksgiving Dinner and really enjoyed it. You will have the holiday version of the show which is nice. My other idea would have been Artist Point, as that was where we ate last year for Christmas. Also, at Hoop Dee Doo, your 6-year-old son may get to partake in the show as well.

I second this. We did the 4 pm HDDR followed by a private holiday sleigh ride at Ft. W during our Christmas trip last year - it was fantastic! I would also consider Trails End, Whispering Canyon or Artist Point (which will be a character meal at the time of your trip). All of the restaurants at Ft. W and WL will be quite beautiful and festive on Christmas day.

Local here, we head into the parks on Christmas day.

MK will be crazy busy in the morning, the crowds will start thinning out around mid day... and then fill back up again for parade and fireworks.

Epcot will get busier later afternoon starting into the dinner hours

DHS - this park is the one we find hard to really predict how its going to go. We have been when the Osborne lights were still being shown and it was crazy town in the evening... or course with Toy Story land and such it might be really busy...

AK - Busy in the morning, and less crowded in the afternoon, heading toward dinner time...

There are so many restaurants at Disney Springs now the choices are pretty good for whatever you might dream of...

Last Year we had dinner in France " Chef de France" - This year Christmas Day - DH and I are eating at Disney Spring, for lunch then we will see what's going on in the parks and make our decision then..

Hello all,

I am currently planning our next trip for December 2019. We will be spending Christmas at WDW, but I am not getting anywhere near a park on Christmas day because I know it is pure madness. With that being said, we still gotta eat, so could you recommend a restaurant with a nice, cheery, magical atmosphere for Christmas day? Our party is 2 adults + a six year old boy so I want to make that day as magical as possible for him!

Thanks in advance!
Disney Springs has way too many sweet treat shops....which would make a magical experience for any child....

in 2017 we dined at Shula's for an amazing steak dinner and their fantastic chocolate souffle (that is enough for 3-people to share). A great place if your 6 y.o. likes football....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!