Restaurants

friendoffigment

DIS Veteran
First timer here

I know of blue bayou, carthay circle and napa rose. which of the more casual restaurants would you recommend at DL, DCA and resorts

Also which character breakfasts, with the exception of the princess breakfast would you recommend

Re Character Breakfast:
  • Goofy's Kitchen: more dessert focused/unique items along with the standard buffet fare, food was good, it was a more lively atmosphere, and the characters come around regularly and seemed to hit most tables on each cycle. Not really one-on-one interactions, but you see the characters very regularly throughout the meal which is a plus. This is our son's favorite since he's generally a high-energy kid.
  • Mickey's Kitchen: more traditional breakfast-focused menu, food was really good here. I felt like the character interactions here were more one-on-one maybe because the vibe wasn't as wild? Characters came around regularly and we felt like the best character interactions were here. It's a close tie between this and Goofy's for us.
  • Plaza Inn: Food was okay here, it wasn't our favorite. This space seems big, and while we saw plenty of characters, in the hour+ that we were there, they only came around to our (interior) section once or twice, and the interactions felt really rushed. Maybe they were short-staffed or extra busy or it was just an off-day, but it was kind of disappointing. Also, it cuts into your park time, so for us at least, this was overall our least favorite (but we know there are plenty of people who rave about it!).
Edited to add: our FAVORITE breakfast experience is the brunch at Lamplight Lounge. While there aren't characters, we REALLY like the food, it's fun to get a cocktail, and our kid is happy to sit and watch the incredicoaster go by while he eats. I would recommend trying this if you can snag a reservation!

I will 2nd Carnation Cafe - Potato soup is usually very good (though last time I was there it was lukewarm and less good, but still good)

I also REALLY like River Belle Terrace. They've started serving brunch since the last time I was there, so I've not had it. We always did breakfast there at least once each trip before they stopped. It is also good for Dinner, but as it was one of Walt's favorite breakfast hangouts it has some mystique for me in the morning.

Additionally breakfast Ronto Wraps are surprisingly good.

Rancho del Zocalo is another of our family's favorites, though I haven't been there since pre-covid.

In DCA, Pym's is pretty good for a quick bite.

I also feel like the Wine Country Trattoria is really under-rated. It's always easy to get a list minute reservation and I've never been disappointed with the food and drinks there. Maybe a little over-priced for Italian food, but the service has always been great!

I also REALLY like Flo's Diner. The fried chicken always leaves me happy, and the 50's diner ambiance (right down to the blue plates) coupled with the various sight gags really speak to me. We typically do at least one meal here per trip as well.

And I'll second Lamplight Lounge, be it for brunch or any meal really (or even just for afternoon or evening drinks). It's so cool to be chillin' down by the water enjoying tasty food and drinking in the views (and beverages).

Have a great trip!

Rancho del Zocalo - Good for both lunch/dinner. They are one of the restaurants at DL we have been going for years and they are still consistent. They also have the Mickey shaped Churro Cream Puff right now! We tried it last month, loved it!

Plaza Inn - Not a fan of their fried chicken, but pot roast isn't bad.

Stage Door Cafe - Love their corn dog!! FYI, if you want a fresh good hand-dipped corn dog, get it here and DO NOT get it at the Little Red Wagon, they keep the corn dogs wrapped in foil so it's not made to order like Stage Door.

Tiana's Palace - Their food has good flavors but a tad too salty for us.

Storyteller Cafe at Grand Californian was a great breakfast-my favourite boys Chip n Dale are there! Dale tried to throw DH out of the restaurant when I told him he was my favourite, then sat in DH's seat gazing into my eyes! Pretty good food too!

After Carthay and Napa, my go to spots are GCH Craftsman Bar & Grill, Wine Country and Flo’s. Ranch Del Zocalo and Bengal BBQ are also good. IMHO, DCA and DTD have better dining than DL.

After Carthay and Napa, my go to spots are GCH Craftsman Bar & Grill, .

I REALLY wanna like Carthay Circle but almost every time we leave horridly disappointed in the meal...I love not bland food but it is like they try TOO hard with the flavors and there is always something just overpowering the whole dish no matter what it is.

Lamplight Lounge is my personal favorite. The food, drinks, and overall ambiance couldn’t be beat.

I REALLY wanna like Carthay Circle but almost every time we leave horridly disappointed in the meal...I love not bland food but it is like they try TOO hard with the flavors and there is always something just overpowering the whole dish no matter what it is.
We have gone there once and it was very sub par as well. We havent been back.

Jolly Holiday -has great egg sandwiches, pastries and sandwiches for lunch and dinner

Red Rose tavern- Burgers, sandwiches, some breakfast items

Hungry Bear- Burgers, chicken tenders, sandwiches. Very nice, quiet outdoor seating area

DCA
Pym's has a great menu

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter