Rethinking my Holiday Inn DS plans

cdurham1

Most magical at the most magical place on Earth
I booked a week at Holiday Inn DS using points and cash combination (ended up with 3 reservation numbers, which is annoying in and of itself) for May 16th to 23rd, 2020.

I was aware of the $18/day parking. But then I noticed a $30/day resort fee. That applies even if you are using points?

After doing some preliminary planning, I am now questioning whether it is worth the extra points/money to even stay here. We are doing some DAH events, so we won't be using all the EMHs. And because we are doing the DAH events, I am not convinced the 60 day FP window is going to be that important. We are doing MK and AK DAH, so FOP and 7DMT, etc, are taken care of in the planning.

Our trip is in May, so depending on what the FP status of RotR and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (what is the abbreviation?), our trip is looking like HS will be the only problematic park to plan for. If RotR and MMRR are still on a boarding group system, the 60 day vs 30 day window won't help at all with that.

I am considering holding these reservations for a while, but possibly just switching to a cheaper (20k vs 40k points/night and no resort or parking fees) IHG resort a little further away.

Thoughts?

I am Hilton and we do not pay for Resort Fees when we book on points BUT I've never used the cash/point option. Your best bet is to call about that. We always pay for parking.

I used to stay at Disney Springs all the time, but I can get much more for less points off and it doesn't take but a couple minutes longer to get to the parks. The advantage of Disney Springs, for me, is the bus system. It allows us to have adult drinks at Disney Springs or parks and not drive. Otherwise there isn't much plus for us.

I would call the hotel talk to a person not the resavations center, i booked the free parking snd free breakfast package.... maybe they can find a package for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter