Rethinking Resort....

Poohbear03

Mouseketeer
Currently we are booked for 7 nights at FQ. The only thing available with our pin was a King bed but the price was 2020.00. We could move to CSR standard room for 1382.00 (savings 638) or CBR King bed for 1475.00 (savings 545) . I just have a hard time paying 2K for a 7 night stay. Values are out, and deluxes are to expensive. RS is out to. Would you save the money and stay somewhere else?

Currently we are booked for 7 nights at FQ. The only thing available with our pin was a King bed but the price was 2020.00. We could move to CSR standard room for 1382.00 (savings 638) or CBR King bed for 1475.00 (savings 545) . I just have a hard time paying 2K for a 7 night stay. Values are out, and deluxes are to expensive. RS is out to. Would you save the money and stay somewhere else?

I would switch to CSR and save the $$$. POFQ is our least favorite moderate. For over $600 in savings it wouldn't even be a question for us.

We'd actually pay $600 more to stay at any of the other moderates instead of POFQ.

I like FQ, it is our favorite Mod, but $600 is a lot of money. But CSR is undergoing major construction right now with the early stages of building a 15 story tower and all the construction that entails. And I hate CBR. I think I would stay home before I went back there.
I would stay put at FQ

French Quarter is our favorite resort but for that kind of savings.. have you tried YouTubing the construction to see if it would bother you? If you are like as and are Park Commandoes you might not even notice some of the work.

You bet I'd switch, in a heartbeat. POFQ is actually the only moderate I've not stayed at and that is by design. I don't like the look of the outside of the resort and enjoy POR. I've stayed at CSR twice, once after the construction had started and enjoyed it both times.

We are staying at CSR this year for the first time, and there is a lot of positive feedback, even during the current construction, on the Coronado Springs thread. This is our first moderate (first 3 nights of 17 night trip) so I can't comment on POFQ.

I personally appreciate the convenience of FQ and its transportation over the other moderate resorts, but if you can save that much money, switching to CSR is a good option and I would not hesitate to do so. CBR does not appeal to me, personally.

CSR!! Even with the construction, it's a beautiful resort. The grounds are gorgeous, the best bus service I have used at WDW, recently renovated rooms and really good food options.

That price is kinda steep for FQ. I would switch to CSR and save the extra money and also request a renovated room if possible. Those rooms look gorgeous. I would stay away from CBR at the moment.

I have to disagree. I've stayed at all moderates except the Fort Wilderness cabins, and I really like POFQ. It is very pretty. As a bonus it has only one bus stop, though on rare occasions it will share a bus with POR. And as the smallest of all of the moderates you are never far from the bus stop or the food court and gift shop.

Both CSR and CBR are going thru construction right now which is part of the reason they are so much cheaper. And while you can request a new room at CSR there is no guarantee you would get one. Plus there is still the ongoing construction. No way would I switch to CBR--drove by there last month and the construction mess is massive.

I would much prefer staying at the pretty and compact French Quarter than at the sprawling CBR or CSR which are under construction, but it's your money. You shouldn't spend more than you're comfortable spending for a vacation.

Really funny reading all of the negatively here about POFQ. It's my favorite moderate of all time! Love the closeness of everything, the QUIET of everything, and the serpent pool makes me think of my childhood. :-)

But if money is more important to you, than definitely switch! Good luck and have a great vacation!

Put it this way. If you stayed at POFQ, would you still plan on doing everything you would have done on your vacation if you moved? That is a big monetary difference so it would definitely make sense to make the switch and then allot those savings into other vacation-related things. But I also am the type that once I get into my head how much something costs, it's basically like "welp, that's the price!" and then move on to the next thing, so I don't think staying and enjoying POFQ seems unreasonable. While you won't get necessarily $600 worth of value out of the closeness of the design, the convenience of the single bus stop or the lack of crowds/lines to get on the buses (we had to wait for a second bus just twice in our week-long stay, and both were during very peak times), there definitely is some value to that, as well as possibly being very close to the food court (if that matters to you) and the easy boat rides to Disney Springs.

Put it this way. If you stayed at POFQ, would you still plan on doing everything you would have done on your vacation if you moved? That is a big monetary difference so it would definitely make sense to make the switch and then allot those savings into other vacation-related things. But I also am the type that once I get into my head how much something costs, it's basically like "welp, that's the price!" and then move on to the next thing, so I don't think staying and enjoying POFQ seems unreasonable. While you won't get necessarily $600 worth of value out of the closeness of the design, the convenience of the single bus stop or the lack of crowds/lines to get on the buses (we had to wait for a second bus just twice in our week-long stay, and both were during very peak times), there definitely is some value to that, as well as possibly being very close to the food court (if that matters to you) and the easy boat rides to Disney Springs.

For me, the value of it now would be not being in a construction zone. I like CSR, POFQ, and POR (which is not an option for the OP) but there is something to be said for a resort that is not an active construction site.

I would switch to CSR and save the $$$. POFQ is our least favorite moderate. For over $600 in savings it wouldn't even be a question for us.

We'd actually pay $600 more to stay at any of the other moderates instead of POFQ.
What is it about POFQ that you do not like? Just curious because we have never stayed there and have it booked for our next trip.

What is it about POFQ that you do not like? Just curious because we have never stayed there and have it booked for our next trip.

The small size makes it not feel like a resort to us. It felt really busy, like there was a constant buzz. We much prefer the other moderates sprawling peaceful vibe. It's a nice break from the craziness of the parks. They feel more like resorts instead of hotels.

We thought both the Food court and pool were not as nice as the other moderates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!