Return items to the resort gift shop?

MrsPete

DIS Veteran
We rarely buy souvenirs, but I just read something that I'd never heard before, and I wonder if anyone knows if it's true:

If you see something in a gift shop that you want, and you're afraid it won't be available elsewhere, go ahead and buy it. You can always return it to your resort gift shop. Or a Disney Springs shop.

Out of curiosity, anyone know if this is true?

It is! I have done this several times since I find Disney shirts always fit weird! I bring them back to the room and try them on, then return what didn't work out at the resort.

As long as the shops are run by Disney, you should be able to return things to your resort gift shop. You won't be able to return things from DS stores except from World of Disney.

It is! I have done this several times since I find Disney shirts always fit weird! I bring them back to the room and try them on, then return what didn't work out at the resort.

Yep, I do this every trip. Buy shirts at the park, try them on in my room, and return probably 1/2 of them to the resort because they fit so poorly. It's a wonderful thing to be able to do!

Thanks for the info, Folks. I don't know that I'll actually use this advice, but it's nice to be informed.

On a related note, I had ordered a Disney Parks sweatshirt from the Disney website that ended up not fitting very well. I had an upcoming trip to WDW so instead of paying the shipping to return it, i took it with me to WDW and returned it at my resorts gift shop.

You just cant return to a Disney off property store.

I haven’t done this myself but I do see current Disney world shirts on the sale rack at my local Disney store cause someone must have come back from a trip and returned a shirt to the Disney store so I am guessing they will do returns there again since Disney owns them again and not the Children’s place.

I haven’t done this myself but I do see current Disney world shirts on the sale rack at my local Disney store cause someone must have come back from a trip and returned a shirt to the Disney store so I am guessing they will do returns there again since Disney owns them again and not the Children’s place.

Is your local Disney Store a plain old Disney Store or a Disney Store Outlet/Disney Store at an Outlet Mall? The outlets/ones at outlet malls do often get old parks merchandise to put on clearance, so it may have been that.

Is your local Disney Store a plain old Disney Store or a Disney Store Outlet/Disney Store at an Outlet Mall? The outlets/ones at outlet malls do often get old parks merchandise to put on clearance, so it may have been that.
We don’t have outlets here. I have also seen and bought parks stuff at our store that have been returned. I have also returned some things from the shop parks app to the store.

It is just your regular Disney store in the mall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!