Return of the Porg - A June 2018 TR *updated 6/24 Epic DISmeet highlights day 7 COMPLETED!*

How have I only just found your TR? Loving it!

Thank you, that's so sweet! I have another one to start after this, too!

Hello Kara I love your trip reports and I was thinking about a solo trip to Disneyland. Do you mind sharing the name of the hotel you stayed at. I want to be very close to park since I will be walking back and forth alone. Thank you, Cheryl

Thank you! I hope you do take a solo trip, it's so enjoyable! The hotel is Tropicana Inn and Suites. I've stayed at quite a few on that street, but I'm pretty sure this is my favorite.

Big Top Souveniers really is the cutest gift shop! My fave!

Aww that's pretty cute that the boy asked to ride SM with you!

Yay for having a DL trip planned!

Thank you Kara! I am going to check that resort out for sure.

That's great! Hope you find some availability, feel free to keep me updated! :-)

Big Top Souveniers really is the cutest gift shop! My fave!

Aww that's pretty cute that the boy asked to ride SM with you!

Yay for having a DL trip planned!

Trying to think of other cute gift shops, but none really compare!

It was adorable, and I loved that he was trying to be so brave.

I'm so excited!! It's been way too long!

Day 8 - June 28th - Last Day, part 2!

After having no luck booking a reservation for Skipper Canteen on the My Disney Experience app Dad and I walked across the park to check on walk-up availability. Move It, Shake It something or other parade was going on as we walked past Main Street.
28276861367_1e68eba422_c.jpg

28276860217_50b4e26e43_c.jpg

I was worried walk-ups wouldn't be allowed or something, but I shouldn't have worried at all, or even bothered with the app. Turns out Skipper Canteen really isn't that popular and we were seated within ten minutes. Now, I'm a super blasphemous Dis-er who doesn't particularly enjoy Jungle Cruise, but I was pretty impressed with the theme in this restaurant, and I didn't find the servers too over the top.

We were seated in the room with the butterfly booth. I'm sure it has a name, but I don't know it!
41335388310_268fe84ecb_c.jpg

You enter the room through these bookshelves (though this view is toward the entrance and main room).
41335385950_3ec922f9c2_c.jpg

Main room
41335383320_1553095068_c.jpg

Dad, happy as a clam!
43105766481_4d64618f10_c.jpg

I believe this was on the wall behind our table.
43055590962_4a379818b9_c.jpg

I was OBSESSED with these light fixtures in the other room. How cute are these, and how much do I need them in my home?
42200859925_43267c3b61_c.jpg

Another pretty decent light fixture.
43105765491_4e180c6d9a_c.jpg

This carpet reminded me of Carpet from Aladdin. Definitely similar color schemes.
43055590282_89ef7d9ae1_c.jpg

We started with an appetizer because I love dumplings and similar food items.
42200859965_4448eec6af_c.jpg

S.E.A. Shu Mai: A legendary blend of Pork, Shrimp, Edamame Beans, and Spices wrapped in Gyoza Skin then steamed

I don't have any particular notes on this item, but I know I enjoyed it. I do believe it was a bit spicy, which was perfect for me!

For my entree I went with the noodles. This was a large portion and VERY spicy. Again, I love spicy, but this would not be for people who are sensitive to heat.
43055589652_2c2e12a413_c.jpg

Perkins Thai Noodles: Chicken, Tofu, Seasonal Vegetables, and Rice Noodles tossed in a Spicy Soy-Chili Garlic Sauce. A favorite of our friend Pamelia Perkins, President of the Adventurers Club

Dad went with the whole fried fish after having loved that presentation at Tiffins. This version wasn't quite as good - nothing beats that fermented bean sauce at Tiffins, but the fish was nice and flaky, and pretty mild. I know some can't get past the whole fish part, but it's well worth trying!
43105763531_5125f1806b_c.jpg

Whole Fried Fish: You'll get hooked on Skipper Annette's latest catch! Served with House-made Kimchi and a Soy-Ginger Vinaigrette

And here's the famous butterfly booth! Apparently this was Lillian Disney's personal collection, or at least that's what I've heard.
42200858165_af3fdf3844_c.jpg

So, all told, it was a really enjoyable meal, and a nice respite from the heat and crowds in Magic Kingdom. My notes said that we would probably return, and that was true, as we just ate there again on our May trip!

While we were sitting in the restaurant I had been able to snag a 1:50 FP for Mine Train, which was about 20 minutes away. Best of all, I hadn't needed to refresh very long to get it! We headed straight to Mine Train, hoping to beat what looked like rain!
41335380440_3187013da0_c.jpg

41335376610_4c4f37afaf_c.jpg

I'm terrible at these ride photos. I don't know why I'm looking at my phone, but Dad wasn't paying attention either! The second one I was trying to "hi-ho", which was moderately successful.
42401882234_5a20d7301c_c.jpg

42401885334_95d7d7262f_c.jpg

After Mine Train we slowly made our way out of the park. I'm sure that means I walked through the Main Street shops.
42200857945_27cf10a0ab_c.jpg

41335371090_ddf738fe45_c.jpg

42241917085_38802938a6_c.jpg

42241914475_e30d67a926_c.jpg

Dad took the monorail back to the Contemporary.
42241912095_2e7e668568_c.jpg

While I decided to walk, using my umbrella for shade.
28236456447_123167d402_c.jpg

Goodbye, Space Mountain!
42241911075_0ca1198dd8_c.jpg

I think I wanted to walk because some of the views are just so lovely.
42241910295_928e765ca7_c.jpg

43105761771_e936790d60_c.jpg

Back at the Contemporary I did some last minute shopping, and then Dad and I sat in the Contempo Cafe. I ordered a side of the homemade chips for something to do, and admired the dessert case.
42200856395_cd02ba2cfe_c.jpg

At 4 it was time to board the Tragical Express. The ride to the airport was quick and painless, and since we had already checked our bags at the hotel, we just went straight to security. I had Dad take my souvenir bag since he had TSA precheck, and there was food in there. That checking food rule is such a pain.

I got one last Disney fix at the Earport.
42200856585_71cd14f51e_c.jpg

29233269688_fe5dfa5270_c.jpg

And I also purchased this adorable Florida Starbucks mug. Could not resist that color pattern!
29233269048_537dd86fbc_c.jpg

Our flight was on time, and soon enough we were back at Kansas City International. The flight hadn't been full so Dad and I had a row to ourselves!
29233268798_6e0fc13dbe_c.jpg

And that's THE END of another wonderful Disney vacation. But, like I said I'm going to include some highlights from my recent trip, so feel free to stick around. I'll probably also start a TR for the solo August 2018 trip that I took and include a link here! Thanks for following along!

Up next: Epic highlights Day 1!

Last edited:
Make that blasphemous Dis-er party of 2, because I feel the same about Jungle Cruise! :rolleyes1 Glad you enjoyed Skipper Canteen though!

Awesome getting a FP for Mine Train!

Looks like such a pretty walk back to the hotel.

Sounds like a smooth trip home! Can't wait to hear about the epic trip and your August trip too!

I've really enjoyed your report! I love Skipper Canteen too. Glad you got to eat there!

Loved your report as always!

We love JC for the kitschy ride it is. We did Skippers once and enjoyed it except Andi had a weird reaction to something even though everything we ordered was nut/peanut free, needless to say it scared the you know what out of me. I almost thought I was going to have to Epi-pen her in MK. Benadryl and time did the trick but I am so scared to go there again!

Yay more Epic Highlights I cant wait!!

Make that blasphemous Dis-er party of 2, because I feel the same about Jungle Cruise! :rolleyes1 Glad you enjoyed Skipper Canteen though!

Awesome getting a FP for Mine Train!

Looks like such a pretty walk back to the hotel.

Sounds like a smooth trip home! Can't wait to hear about the epic trip and your August trip too!

Yay! I knew I wasn't alone about Jungle Cruise!

Love when I can get really good same day FPs.

So pretty, and I'll be posting very soon!

've really enjoyed your report! I love Skipper Canteen too. Glad you got to eat there!

Thank you for reading!

Loved your report as always!

We love JC for the kitschy ride it is. We did Skippers once and enjoyed it except Andi had a weird reaction to something even though everything we ordered was nut/peanut free, needless to say it scared the you know what out of me. I almost thought I was going to have to Epi-pen her in MK. Benadryl and time did the trick but I am so scared to go there again!

Yay more Epic Highlights I cant wait!!

Aww thanks!

That's scary Andi had a reaction there! I wonder what it was. I don't blame you for being scared, allergic reactions are so terrifying!

And they're coming right up!!

Epic Girls Trip Highlights Day 1!

Ok, so many of you know that there was an Epic Girls Dis-Meet in May (@chunkymonkey and @Lesley Wake did a good chunk of the planning and I'm so grateful! Their reports, and many others, will be much more in depth than mine), and I was lucky enough to be able to attend, thanks to a kind invitation from @pepperandchips! The short story is that I mentioned the trip to my dad, he decided he wanted to go as well, and we booked a hotel room at the Wilderness Lodge from May 1st-7th. I didn't end up taking many notes on the trip, I was too busy enjoying myself, and I still have a TR from last August that I really want to write, so I'm just going to do some quick highlights from this trip.

So, our travel day was a VERY early day. Dad had booked a 6 am flight, which meant I had to wake up by 3 am. As I've mentioned before, I'm night shift so I ordinarily wouldn't go to sleep until hours after that. All this to say that it was a very early morning for me! We always fly Southwest and it was an easy flight and journey on the Magical Express. There was a bit of an issue at Wilderness Lodge where our purchased Dining Plan wasn't showing up and it took what seemed like forever to fix. Probably wasn't that long, but I was tired and hungry! It all worked out and after eating and freshening up our room was ready so we went to check it out before doing anything else.
47991998397_aced4265e6_c.jpg

We had a courtyard view room that was pretty near to Roaring Fork. It wasn't the area I had requested, but it worked out nicely, and they were able to fulfill my high floor request.
47991997727_ff038a17b5_c.jpg

47991998062_068b02956b_c.jpg

Look at that view! I got a lot of use out of this balcony.
47992048056_3097512131_c.jpg

May 1 was the 30th birthday of Hollywood Studios and we had FPs there so off we headed! The new bus stops are REALLY far away, and I found it a bit annoying to have to share with Contemporary. DHS was giving out cute buttons at the entrance.
47991998403_853120becf_c.jpg

@Lesley Wake had posted about buying a Captain America magic band so naturally the first thing I did was track down that magic band. It's a bit weird to me that it's the only Avengers magic band that has the actual actor on it, and not a cartoon. I think maybe Captain Marvel has a real one, as well, but I wonder how this all works with the exclusivity thing with Universal.
47991997497_901f5995f5_c.jpg

I got to try the Num Num cookie at Incredible Place, or whatever it's called. The cookie is huge, great for sharing. It was a bit crispy on the edges for my liking, but overall really delicious. Nothing compared to Gideon's Bakehouse cookies at The Polite Pig though!
47991998347_8c5082a746_c.jpg

We rode some rides, and Dad saw Toy Story Land for the first time and rode Alien Swirling Saucer. He liked the land but I don't think he was blown away or anything. After we finished our FastPasses we headed out of the park because I was really tired. I got the commemorative poster, and special 30th park maps on the way out.
47992001798_595e8f3115_c.jpg

Back at the hotel I took a nap, and I think Dad spent some time at Geyser Point.

That evening we had an ADR at Storybook Dining at Artist Point. We were on the Dining Plan and it's only a single credit, so it's a pretty good deal. Plus Dad loves Grumpy. We were seated at a table that's sort of obscured by one of the big trees in the center, but it worked fine for us. It was too dark in there to get good pictures of the food, but I enjoyed everything I had. If I went back I would probably try something different.

As for the characters, Snow White was the first to visit us. I've never been terribly into Snow White but she was super sweet and a gracious host.
47992430913_d917f6ce06_c.jpg

Dopey visited us next and he was pretty adorable and charming. He taught Dad some poses!
47992047721_d23e997d68_c.jpg

47992000888_8d5918be5d_c.jpg

The characters seemed to come by rather slowly, and it wasn't until we were finished with dessert that Grumpy finally made his way to us. I made sure to let Grump know that he is dad's idol, and that pleased him!
47992047276_662be5640d_c.jpg

47992047421_17c2d2f0eb_c.jpg

And here's their best Grumpy faces!
47992001318_30f412817a_c.jpg

I can't remember why I'm laughing so hard with Grumpy, but he must have been a pretty amusing character!
47992000978_71940a6941_c.jpg

47992047286_e0b3615da6_c.jpg

At this meal you're allowed to go up and meet the Queen when your server tells you, and there's a PhotoPass photographer for her. It's kind of an awkward setup in the middle of the room, but I had fun. The Queen complimented my necklace and asked if the Dwarfs had given it to me. I told her I stole it from them! She approved of that. And then I did my best impression of her infamous pose. Close!
47992156676_bd0ff7d60c_c.jpg

47992106022_046c3676ee_c.jpg

After dinner I went straight to sleep because I had a very exciting day of Dismeets coming up!

Epic highlights day 2!

Last edited:
I was OBSESSED with these light fixtures in the other room. How cute are these, and how much do I need them in my home?
42200859925_43267c3b61_c.jpg
OMG - they are sooo cute!
Epic Girls Trip Highlights Day 1!
Added yours to my list!
@Lesley Wake had posted about buying a Captain America magic band so naturally the first thing I did was track down that magic band. It's a bit weird to me that it's the only Avengers magic band that has the actual actor on it, and not a cartoon. I think maybe Captain Marvel has a real one, as well, but I wonder how this all works with the exclusivity thing with Universal.
47991997497_901f5995f5_c.jpg
I think they had a "real" image MBs of Thanos and Iron Man as well as the two Captains!

Epic Girls Trip Highlights Day 2!

Today was a very big day on the trip! It was the first meet-up of the trip, and we had been generously gifted a VIP tour by the kindest person ever! She prefers to be anonymous, and I just cannot thank her enough! It was a seriously fun day. So, the plan was for us to meet at (I think) 8:15 at Guest Relations next to Spaceship Earth. I woke up around 7 and took a Lyft because I was scared of being late. I got through bag check quickly and ended up being the first person at Guest Relations, but @fallonkendra and Luke quickly showed up, and handed out Canadian treats! I hadn't eaten breakfast so I tried the coffee crisp immediately and it definitely is the perfect way to make friends! We were a group of about 30, so we had two tour guides, who were both great and super efficient. It was a lot to wrangle such a large group and they made it seem effortless. Oh, and they gave us ponchos because there was rain in the forecast.

After the whole group showed up we went to find spots behind Spaceship Earth to wait for the Blue Angels. I have a grudge against the Blue Angels ever since there was an airshow in downtown Kansas City that woke me up for several days in a row because those planes are LOUD; so needless to say I thought this would be lame. I'm happy to say I was wrong, and it was a seriously cool experience that I'd never have stopped to do on my own.

They flew over twice. I love this shot because of the butterfly trying to join the formation.
47992045301_4ecd871450_c.jpg

47992045291_f44c588601_c.jpg

I took a video of the second flyover, but I'm terrible at posting videos. After the Blue Angels we went to Frozen Ever After for our first ride of the day.
47992001608_0f27de51d6_c.jpg

The fun thing about having a VIP tour guide is that you get to go in the Fastpass entrances for rides! I was very concerned about getting wet on Frozen Ever After because the seat was soaked. Luckily, only my bum got wet.
47992109272_9afffbe64c_c.jpg

Our next stop was Soarin'. Lots of people jumped at the eagle flying at the screen, or whatever sort of CGI bird it is. We then took our first group photo!
47991993128_9943277cd2_c.jpg

One of the other cool things about having a VIP tour guide is that you get to exit through backstage areas since they drive you from park to park in a van! We actually had two vans since our group was so large. Sadly, no one can take pictures backstage but we got to see some of the construction going on for Ratatouille and Guardians. I also found it really cool to see the Food & Wine booths just chilling on a lot back there.

Our next stop was Hollywood Studios! We entered backstage by RNR. When we arrived there were CMs there with snacks and bottled waters, and I was starving at that point. Also, when we entered a new park they had to scan our bands with an iPad... although it was a little inconsistent. We went straight to Slinky Dog and entered the FP line. It was the first time for a lot of our group to ride, and we filled up a whole Slinky, plus Sarah and Jon had to ride in a separate car.
47992047411_4de1bf0b7f_c.jpg

Here's a super flattering picture! I got to ride with @missjackiemcg !
48017173162_211c7b9d3d_c.jpg

We were running short for time since our morning had gotten off to a bit of a slower start, so we nixed Tower of Terror and jumped right back on Slinky! On the second ride I got to ride with @Lesley Wake AND I was much more prepared for the camera.
47992145241_f8e56e203b_c.jpg

We did our second group photo in front of Slinky! Check out Liesa's infamous chunky dump!
47991989607_fb7e0da44e_c.jpg

Then we left Hollywood Studios through the same RNR backstage exit. Our next destination was Animal Kingdom! On the drive the guides suggested that we set up a mobile order for Satu'li Canteen - see, super efficient! We parked backstage by Pandora and entered that way. Here we split our group up into Flight of Passage riders, and Navi River Journey riders. I went with Flight of Passage, and had a great time! It was the first time for a few people and their reactions were priceless! When we exited the ride we were told to hit "I'm here" on our mobile orders. Mine glitched out and I had to redo it completely, but it worked out. It's also really nice that you can now use the Dining Plan on mobile ordering. I ordered my usual tofu bowl, though I had some remorse when I saw Lesley's shrimp noodle bowl.
47992053633_c8f64bb802_c.jpg

I also got a Pongu Lumpia afterwards!
47992048817_420ac59366_c.jpg

There were four nurses in our group, so we got a picture together. That's @Steppesister, @buzzrelly, me, and @disneyAndi14 !
48017230212_a54e4c800b_c.jpg

We did a group photo in Pandora! That's number 3!
47992044173_28e2ebb63f_c.jpg

Our next ride was Kilimanjaro Safaris! The FP line was really long but one of the Safaris CMs had us enter at the stroller merge point. There weren't many animals out and about on the safari, and I was in the middle so I didn't bother taking pictures. Also it was getting really hot at this point and the swaying of the Safari truck almost put me to sleep!

After Safaris we had time for our guides to take us to Magic Kingdom and drop us off in the FP line for one ride. We entered at the Main Street bypass that they use for crowd control and treat trails. We did our last group photo (a few people had split off in Animal Kingdom).
48016946537_94b1060838_c.jpg

And our tour guides dropped led us to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. We said our goodbyes and they gave us super cool VIP pins and let us in the FP line.
47992099722_d21b945875_c.jpg

47992104773_c965ea98c6_c.jpg

After that our tour was over! It was about 7 hours of fun! We all said our goodbyes and thanked our wonderful benefactor. @Mollydolly334 was craving some ice cream, and I had no other plans so I decided to join her! I ended up using a snack credit on a brownie sundae with cookies and cream ice cream, and we ate them on the curb of Main Street.
47992047102_85d121e3c3_c.jpg

Brownie Sundae - Warm Brownie served with Hot Fudge, Whipped Cream, a Cherry and your choice of two Hand-scoops of Ice Cream

The sundae was delicious but way too much food! We browsed a few shops and then headed out. Dad met up with me at the boat launch! He had had a nice, relaxing day
47992046012_8bbd2ed48a_c.jpg

We relaxed at the hotel a bit, I facetimed my boyfriend and showed him the view. In the evening we went off to Disney Springs. I got some cool sunscreen products at Sephora, like an SPF powder for your part! I always get burned there and hate it. We shopped at World of Disney a bit, I bought a couple postcards in Marketplace Co-Op and that's where Molly and I met up again! We went to Goofy's Candy Co. to make some treats! Here's my rice krispy in all its glory!
47992050462_af08af32e4_c.jpg

Dad and I were ready for dinner so we split off for a bit while Molly kept shopping. We were going to eat at Blaze pizza, but then I felt weird about eating something that I can eat at home, so we ended up at D-Luxe Burgers. This was a great choice! Dad and I both got burgers and shared an order of fries with all the sauces.

This was Dad's burger.
47992098751_0c8076b774_c.jpg

Barbecue Burger - Signature Blend Beef Patty topped with a Fried Onion Ring, Smoked Gouda, Bacon, Barbecue Sauce, Grilled Onion and Lettuce

And this was my burger!
47992098756_475188a328_c.jpg

Southern Burger - Signature Blend Beef Patty topped with a Fried Green Tomato, Pimento, Lettuce, Grilled Onion and Bacon

I highly recommend this place to anyone that likes burgers. The toppings were so much fun, the burgers were juicy and cooked perfectly, and the fries were crispy and seemed to be fresh cut, plus they had tons of fun dipping sauces. The mustard sauce was by far my favorite.

Molly was eating at Wine Bar George so I met up with her. She had mentioned a Dole Whip Froscato that piqued my interest!
47992098566_0138048b7c_c.jpg

This was really good! Light and refreshing. I actually liked it way more than I liked Dole Whip, which I found to be very artificial tasting. Once we finished our drinks we all headed back to our resorts!

Up next:
Epic highlights day 3!

Last edited:
Oh, and they gave us ponchos because there was rain in the forecast.
I forgot all about that! That was a nice touch ::yes::

They flew over twice. I love this shot because of the butterfly trying to join the formation.
47992045301_4ecd871450_c.jpg

47992045291_f44c588601_c.jpg
Awesome pictures!

Here's a super flattering picture! I got to ride with @missjackiemcg !
48017173162_211c7b9d3d_c.jpg
Super flattering of ALL of us! :crazy2:

There were four nurses in our group, so we got a picture together. That's @Steppesister, @buzzrelly, me, and @disneyAndi14 !
48017230212_a54e4c800b_c.jpg
:lovestruc

We said our goodbyes and they gave us super cool VIP pins and let us in the FP line.
I love that pin, and it was such an unexpected surprise!

Here's my rice krispy in all its glory!
47992050462_af08af32e4_c.jpg
My favorite! :love:

What a fun time doing the VIP tour! I'm sure it was fun being with such a big group!

And sounds like a nice evening at Disney Springs! That dole whip froscato looks sooo good!

I forgot all about that! That was a nice touch ::yes::

Such a nice touch! I had been asking around for a poncho that morning, but none of the shops were open yet so it worked out very nicely.

Awesome pictures!

Thank you! I really give all credit to the butterfly.

Super flattering of ALL of us! :crazy2:

Slinky is just a really awkward photo for some reason!

I love that pin, and it was such an unexpected surprise!

It was! I had no idea they did anything like that.

My favorite! :love:

Same! It would be nice if they had something like this available in parks because it can be hard for me to find the time to make it to Disney Springs for it!

What a fun time doing the VIP tour! I'm sure it was fun being with such a big group!

And sounds like a nice evening at Disney Springs! That dole whip froscato looks sooo good!

It was a great time being with a big group of Disney-loving people! And the tour itself was super cool.

You should absolutely try the froscato for yourself!! Well worth it!

Epic Girls Trip Highlights Day 3!

On this day I opened up the balcony while I was getting ready in the morning and a cardinal flew in the room and got stuck! I wasn't quick enough to get a camera, and luckily it pretty quickly found its way back outside. Pretty exciting start to the day! So Dad had booked us breakfast at Be Our Guest, which baffled me at first since he's said multiple times that he's over it and it's not worth the money. I guess his reasoning was that Be Our Guest breakfast is a good use of a quick-service credit since it's so pricey. Fair enough and at least it's always pretty to see!
47992053403_f80fec0357_c.jpg
[/url]

Open-Faced Bacon and Egg Sandwich* - Poached Eggs, Applewood-smoked Bacon, and Brie on a Toasted Croissant served with Fresh Fruit.

And then here's the pastries that come to each table. I also ordered a mimosa since it's included with the Dining Plan.

47992099111_24ce6d83f9_c.jpg

The fruit was gross. I'm not big on melons when they're perfectly ripe, and Disney melons are rarely perfectly ripe. The sandwich was good. An acceptable breakfast sandwich, but not something I'd actively seek out again. Definitely more satisfying than the lunch options I've been served, though. The pastries were also fine. I really liked the chocolate croissant twist pastry; it reminded me of the Cheshire Cat tail.

After breakfast we rode a few rides, including Big Thunder Mountain. I mention this because our train stopped at the top of a hill and I was so excited thinking we were about to get evacuated. Sadly, the train started moving again. Also worth mentioning is Philharmagic. I LOVE this show, I think it is so much fun and parts of it are even a little thrilling. But it needs some TLC, badly! At the beginning the film was jittery and blurry and downright awful. It, thankfully, got better but it still needs some attention. Converting to a digital format probably wouldn't be such a bad idea.
47992054548_6394b7c43b_c.jpg

47992155361_470e01d9fc_c.jpg

Another highlight from the day was watching a bunch of baby ducks play around in the tall grass near Casey's Corner. There were soooo many in the grass and they'd randomly pop up and then dive back in the grass.
47992100391_ccd14d344b_c.jpg

After a while Mama Duck said "that's enough" and off they went.
47992051392_9c0aae062d_c.jpg

Our next group meet was for dinner so we went back to our room early to change and relax, and then grabbed a boat to the Contemporary where we boarded a monorail to the Polynesian! Yup, our meet was for dinner at Ohana! I was pretty excited since it'd been a few years since we've done Ohana.

First things first at the Poly: drinks! I got a classic mojito since I wanted something light and refreshing.
47992095961_9202227cc1_c.jpg

I think Dad tried the Backscratcher first... and promptly discarded the souvenir backscratcher.
47992050522_d1c8038f1d_c.jpg

Our group was HUGE, over 30, so we were seated at three large tables in the center of the room.
47992050302_ae49337469_c.jpg

Ohana bread. It's not my favorite, but they use it to make one of my favorite desserts, the Ohana bread pudding, so I'll keep it around!
47992099516_ca588734d0_c.jpg

I took some really great stalker pics.
47992054343_defaaa61f8_c.jpg

Ohana salad! Also just ok to me.
47992054093_57e8d5053f_c.jpg

Now here's the real stars of the show! Potstickers and noodles! I could eat soooo many potstickers (and I did) especially with the peanut sauce. I guess there's also some vegetables.
47992050357_ca4c21828a_c.jpg

My favorite meat of the night was the shrimp (and the only meat I took a picture of) but I was really there for the potstickers.
47992050837_294ebe16a2_c.jpg

And now, dessert! Before having Ohana for the first time many years ago I didn't even know that I liked bread pudding. Now I'd say it's probably one of my favorite desserts, and Ohana's is one of the very best.
47992053288_1237fce63e_c.jpg

Properly sauced up!
47992048182_05808ca523_c.jpg

A member of our party did have an unfortunate encounter with the bread pudding though. When the server was bringing it out he spilled a whole container of caramel down Mary's back (I'm not sure her name on the Dis!). The server was mortified and immediately ran for the manager. Mary was obviously very understanding, but her dress and hair were pretty drenched in caramel so the manager comped her an outfit from the store. She ended up getting that super cute Tiki Room dress. I'd say that's a win!

Also during the meal people were handing out such thoughtful gifts! I didn't think to take a picture of all the wonderful things I was given but thank you so much to everyone for your extreme thoughtfulness! I wish I had thought ahead enough to arrange to bring something for everyone. Next time, I will!

After dinner we headed downstairs to grab a PhotoPass pic with the whole group, which took a LOT of organization by that PP, let me tell you! In this pic you can also see the Epic Ears @Chrystmasangel made. (at least I think it was her, I'm having a heck of a time matching up names to Dis profiles!)
47992109488_5f2b616b4b_c.jpg

We all split up into a few different directions after this. I think a big chunk of the group decided to monorail bar crawl after this and then ended up at Geyser Point. This sounded really fun, but I also realized that this would probably be my only night to watch Happily Ever After. So Dad and I made our way to the boat launch to head over to Magic Kingdom. Molly had the same idea and I would meet up with her after the fireworks!
47992098641_5572b032c1_c.jpg

47992051513_c4153714ea_c.jpg

47992052408_7c57387ec5_c.jpg

We picked a spot on Main Street about level with Casey's Corner. It ended up being a great spot! I'm not sure this show will ever get old to me.
47992100216_4faaecc18b_c.jpg

I met up with @Mollydolly334 as she exited Space Mountain. While I was waiting for her I had booked a FP at a similar time to her Big Thunder FP so that's where we went next. We also booked a FP for Haunted Mansion. Here's our hilarious picture! Not sure that either of us knew where the picture was at!
47992133936_e8ff7a33c8_c.jpg

I want to say that the next thing we did was ride PeopleMover, and then after that we dashed to Buzz Lightyear before park closing. It's so strange, we didn't realize there was a photo op in Buzz either! This is just how we were playing the game!
47992148261_8f67023467_c.jpg

when we got off Buzz Magic Kingdom was officially closed. But the Main Street shops were still open! We browsed a bit, bought some snacks in the Confectionary, and then headed out. It was such a fun night getting to hang out with Molly some more. I do have some FOMO about missing out on the Geyser Point fun but I'm glad I went to Magic Kingdom!

Up Next: Epic Girls Trip Highlights Day 4!

Last edited:
Sounds like a good morning at MK! Those ducks are so cute!

Such a big group at Ohana! That's awesome!

Oh gosh that had to be so uncomfortable for Mary to have caramel all over her! Good on Disney for comping her a new outfit!

Sounds like you and Molly had a lot of fun in MK!

After dinner we headed downstairs to grab a PhotoPass pic with the whole group, which took a LOT of organization by that PP, let me tell you! In this pic you can also see the Epic Ears @Chrystmasangel made. (at least I think it was her, I'm having a heck of a time matching up names to Dis profiles!)
47992109488_5f2b616b4b_c.jpg

Such a great picture! I'm kind of sad I missed this dinner with you guys because it looked like so much fun.

We picked a spot on Main Street about level with Casey's Corner. It ended up being a great spot! I'm not sure this show will ever get old to me.
47992100216_4faaecc18b_c.jpg

:love:

It's so strange, we didn't realize there was a photo op in Buzz either! This is just how we were playing the game!
47992148261_8f67023467_c.jpg

it totally looks like you girls posed for this!:rotfl:

I do have some FOMO about missing out on the Geyser Point fun but I'm glad I went to Magic Kingdom!

I have FOMO about missing that 'Ohana dinner! There were just too many fun things happening all at once!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter