Return of the Porg - A June 2018 TR *updated 6/24 Epic DISmeet highlights day 7 COMPLETED!*

I loved your precious little story and pictures of the ducklings playing in the long grass! How adorable!!

Your Ohana meal looked so tasty. It's such a great place to share food with friends :lovestruc But I absolutely can't believe what happened to Mary with the caramel! Glad Disney could do something to make it right.

Enjoying your review so far! Ha love your stalker picture of us! I am craving those delicious pot stickers and noodles, by far my favorite part of the meal!

I love the bread pudding, pro tip, you can order it at Tambu lounge and at Kona cafe, just ask. We did that last August and it was so nice to get it without being at Ohana
I love your ride photos! I can’t believe you didn’t know about the Buzz photo, very cute pic!

Sounds like a good morning at MK! Those ducks are so cute!

Such a big group at Ohana! That's awesome!

Oh gosh that had to be so uncomfortable for Mary to have caramel all over her! Good on Disney for comping her a new outfit!

Sounds like you and Molly had a lot of fun in MK!

The ducks were the best part of the day in MK! So precious.

It was pretty cool to have such a big group, and neat with the family-style portions.

Oh yeah, I bet it was so sticky and uncomfortable! But they really made it right.

It was a super fun night!

Such a great picture! I'm kind of sad I missed this dinner with you guys because it looked like so much fun.

Everything I didn't do with the group, I wish I had! Next trip I'm signing up for it all haha!

it totally looks like you girls posed for this!:rotfl:

Hehe, we may have!

I have FOMO about missing that 'Ohana dinner! There were just too many fun things happening all at once!

Yes there were, and then so many things that I wanted to accomplish too!

I loved your precious little story and pictures of the ducklings playing in the long grass! How adorable!!

Your Ohana meal looked so tasty. It's such a great place to share food with friends :lovestruc But I absolutely can't believe what happened to Mary with the caramel! Glad Disney could do something to make it right.

I watched those cute little ducklings for far too long haha!

It was a super fun meal! Mary handled it so well, and Disney stepped up immediately so it worked out pretty well!

Enjoying your review so far! Ha love your stalker picture of us! I am craving those delicious pot stickers and noodles, by far my favorite part of the meal!

I love the bread pudding, pro tip, you can order it at Tambu lounge and at Kona cafe, just ask. We did that last August and it was so nice to get it without being at Ohana
I love your ride photos! I can’t believe you didn’t know about the Buzz photo, very cute pic!

Thanks!! I wish I'd taken more candid photos, those are my favorite! Man if I could have those potstickers every day....

We actually did this once! It's a great way to get it... somehow doesn't feel the same if you're not absolutely stuffed from Ohana though :rotfl2:

Thank you!! We actually did know about the Buzz one, I was just being silly! There needs to be a sarcasm font :rotfl:

After the whole group showed up we went to find spots behind Spaceship Earth to wait for the Blue Angels. I have a grudge against the Blue Angels ever since there was an airshow in downtown Kansas City that woke me up for several days in a row because those planes are LOUD; so needless to say I thought this would be lame. I'm happy to say I was wrong, and it was a seriously cool experience that I'd never have stopped to do on my own.
Same here! It was pretty cool!
They flew over twice. I love this shot because of the butterfly trying to join the formation.
47992045301_4ecd871450_c.jpg
An escapee from the Butterfly tent!
On the second ride I got to ride with @Lesley Wake AND I was much more prepared for the camera.
47992145241_f8e56e203b_c.jpg
Haha - you guys look like you are having so much fun and I'm all squinty!
Another highlight from the day was watching a bunch of baby ducks play around in the tall grass near Casey's Corner. There were soooo many in the grass and they'd randomly pop up and then dive back in the grass.
47992100391_ccd14d344b_c.jpg

After a while Mama Duck said "that's enough" and off they went.
47992051392_9c0aae062d_c.jpg
I love the baby ducks of Disney!
Ohana bread. It's not my favorite, but they use it to make one of my favorite desserts, the Ohana bread pudding, so I'll keep it around!
47992099516_ca588734d0_c.jpg
Wait- really! OMG, that makes soo much sense!
Now here's the real stars of the show! Potstickers and noodles! I could eat soooo many potstickers (and I did) especially with the peanut sauce. I guess there's also some vegetables.
47992050357_ca4c21828a_c.jpg
Yummm!

Oh, and a fun little real life update!! I've been missing Disneyland a lot, so last night I booked a trip to Disneyland on November 6th-12th! The onsite hotels are too rich for my blood so I'll be staying at my favorite good neighbor hotel which is just across the street. The rooms were recently refurbished and it's literally right in front of the crosswalk to Disneyland. I also added on the MaxPass to my tickets, really looking forward to seeing how this works!
OhI I can't wait to hear all about this as I am thinking about Disneyland for 2021.
So, our travel day was a VERY early day. Dad had booked a 6 am flight, which meant I had to wake up by 3 am. As I've mentioned before, I'm night shift so I ordinarily wouldn't go to sleep until hours after that. All this to say that it was a very early morning for me! We always fly Southwest and it was an easy flight and journey on the Magical Express. There was a bit of an issue at Wilderness Lodge where our purchased Dining Plan wasn't showing up and it took what seemed like forever to fix. Probably wasn't that long, but I was tired and hungry! It all worked out and after eating and freshening up our room was ready so we went to check it out before doing anything else.
Same for us this July! We will have to leave our house by 3. Your room looks great!
Look at that view! I got a lot of use out of this balcony.
Gorgeous view!
I got to try the Num Num cookie at Incredible Place, or whatever it's called. The cookie is huge, great for sharing. It was a bit crispy on the edges for my liking, but overall really delicious. Nothing compared to Gideon's Bakehouse cookies at The Polite Pig though!
yum!
As for the characters, Snow White was the first to visit us. I've never been terribly into Snow White but she was super sweet and a gracious host.
Cute!
The fun thing about having a VIP tour guide is that you get to go in the Fastpass entrances for rides!
Perfection!
We went straight to Slinky Dog and entered the FP line. It was the first time for a lot of our group to ride, and we filled up a whole Slinky, plus Sarah and Jon had to ride in a separate car.
How did you like SDD?
After breakfast we rode a few rides, including Big Thunder Mountain. I mention this because our train stopped at the top of a hill and I was so excited thinking we were about to get evacuated. Sadly, the train started moving again. Also worth mentioning is Philharmagic. I LOVE this show, I think it is so much fun and parts of it are even a little thrilling. But it needs some TLC, badly! At the beginning the film was jittery and blurry and downright awful. It, thankfully, got better but it still needs some attention. Converting to a digital format probably wouldn't be such a bad idea.
You know you're a Disney geek when getting evaced is your idea of a good time!
Ohana bread. It's not my favorite, but they use it to make one of my favorite desserts, the Ohana bread pudding, so I'll keep it around!
Same!
Now here's the real stars of the show! Potstickers and noodles! I could eat soooo many potstickers (and I did) especially with the peanut sauce. I guess there's also some vegetables.
Potstickers are life!
Now I'd say it's probably one of my favorite desserts, and Ohana's is one of the very best.
Yup!
The server was mortified and immediately ran for the manager. Mary was obviously very understanding, but her dress and hair were pretty drenched in caramel so the manager comped her an outfit from the store. She ended up getting that super cute Tiki Room dress. I'd say that's a win!
Poor thing! Although Disney definitely nade it right.
I want to say that the next thing we did was ride PeopleMover, and then after that we dashed to Buzz Lightyear before park closing. It's so strange, we didn't realize there was a photo op in Buzz either! This is just how we were playing the game!
OK, it thought you were serious too, lol! Great pic!
I just wanted to pop in and let whoever is interested know that I started a new TR for my solo August trip last year! I know it's pretty late, but it was a fun trip and I had some unique experiences so I wanted to share it! So here's that link: https://www.disboards.com/threads/a-girls-first-solo-trip-august-2018.3754117/
Can't wait to read all about it!

I’ve been a bad Diser and am only just catching up on the end of your last trip. Except I’m not sure if the new features of the new thread really took me to where I left off, but let’s just roll with it!
. A few times I found FPs that were good very soon, but the app never let me pick them.
Booo! Stupid glitchy app!

Eventually I gave up on the FP idea and headed to New Fantasyland (are we still calling it that

:rotfl: yes???

Valid point, however. Maybe “newer” fantasyland at this point.

Swoonworthy photos, as always, Kara!!!

Before heading to our Space Mountain FP I wanted to check out Big Top Souvenirs, because I'm of the opinion that it's maybe the cutest store in Disney World.
With the best treats! And almost never a line!

At the last second he panicked and asked if he could ride with us, so we told the CM a party of 3 and rode together the best you can on Space. He had a great time and said it wasn't too bad at all. He was a really cute, polite kid; I'm glad he had a good time!
In this installment, Kara adopts a fully potty-trained child. Stay tuned!

PeopleMover selfies are also a must.
Gawgeous, lady! As are the photos you took FROM the peoplemover!

Must not binge, must not binge, must not... oh shucks I’m going for it!

We were seated in the room with the butterfly booth. I'm sure it has a name, but I don't know it!
ben-l-lucky-napolean-dynamite-yaYV8i5n1OjZe

I was OBSESSED with these light fixtures in the other room. How cute are these, and how much do I need them in my home?
ALL THE MUCH! Now I need them too...

I know some can't get past the whole fish part, but it's well worth trying!

Soooo... you think they have some kind of contraption to keep the fish contorted in this artistic gyration in the fryer?

And I also purchased this adorable Florida Starbucks mug. Could not resist that color pattern!
That one is super cute!!

Haha! My husband would say to me your blonde is showing, I am really gullible! I thought it odd you 2 veterans wouldn’t know about that and with such a cute pic! Duh!

It's not you, my sarcasm is just too convincing! ::yes::

Same here! It was pretty cool!

Kinda blew my mind when they first flew over Spaceship Earth! It was nothing like I had imagined!

An escapee from the Butterfly tent!

Just pursuing its dream to be a Blue Angel! It's Disney after all, where dreams come true!

Haha - you guys look like you are having so much fun and I'm all squinty!

I was just focused on attempting a cute picture since I always miss the camera on this ride!

I love the baby ducks of Disney!

They're the cutest! That, and the bunnies.

Wait- really! OMG, that makes soo much sense!

Well don't hold me to it, but I'm PRETTY sure.

OhI I can't wait to hear all about this as I am thinking about Disneyland for 2021.

Have you been before? I love Disneyland a whole lot! Maybe I'll do a TR for it.

Same for us this July! We will have to leave our house by 3. Your room looks great!

Ouch, it's just painfully early! But kinda nice to get there early too. The rooms at Wilderness were really nice, for sure.

Gorgeous view!

I loved it! Pool views might be my favorite category.

Definitely!!

:blush:

Perfection!

Wouldn't it be so neat if that could happen every day at Disney?

How did you like SDD?

I think it's a lot of fun, and super cute! I wouldn't wait in huge lines for it, especially since the queue is all outside, but I'll happily use a FP on it!

You know you're a Disney geek when getting evaced is your idea of a good time!

Indeed! My dream evac is Splash, how about you?

Mmm, bread pudding!

Potstickers are life!

They really are!

Now I keep thinking about Ohana's bread pudding and I need it now!

Poor thing! Although Disney definitely nade it right.

They were so great!

OK, it thought you were serious too, lol! Great pic!

Haha! I told Caroline that my sarcasm is just too good, and maybe that's actually true!

Can't wait to read all about it!

It was a fun trip, and I've actually finished writing the whole TR!!

I’ve been a bad Diser and am only just catching up on the end of your last trip. Except I’m not sure if the new features of the new thread really took me to where I left off, but let’s just roll with it!

Such a bad Diser, you should be penalized! Like... loss of alcoholic beverages at Disney penalized!

Booo! Stupid glitchy app!

It can be a very frustrating little app, that's for sure!!

:rotfl: yes???

Valid point, however. Maybe “newer” fantasyland at this point.

Maybe it's Old Fantasyland, and the older part is Oldest Fantasyland ehhhh? hahaha

Swoonworthy photos, as always, Kara!!!

Why thank you!

With the best treats! And almost never a line!

Yesss, I love gawking at the treat case.

In this installment, Kara adopts a fully potty-trained child. Stay tuned!

I wanted to adopt him and take him on all the big rides since his family wasn't into it! Plus, who wants to potty train a child?

Gawgeous, lady! As are the photos you took FROM the peoplemover!

:blush: I'm partial to the view, myself!

Must not binge, must not binge, must not... oh shucks I’m going for it!

Why would you NOT binge? Binge-ing is so much better than little by little!

ALL THE MUCH! Now I need them too...

And soon you'll have a brand new house to put them in! I took the liberty of googling and came up with this: parrot lamp

You're welcome!

Soooo... you think they have some kind of contraption to keep the fish contorted in this artistic gyration in the fryer?

:rotfl2:The things you think of!!

That one is super cute!!

It's one of my favs! Now I just need a great way to display all these stupid mugs that I can't resist buying!

She prefers to be anonymous, and I just cannot thank her enough!

What a generous gift! You girls were very lucky! Sounds like an amazing time.

One of the other cool things about having a VIP tour guide is that you get to exit through backstage areas since they drive you from park to park in a van! We actually had two vans since our group was so large. Sadly, no one can take pictures backstage but we got to see some of the construction going on for Ratatouille and Guardians. I also found it really cool to see the Food & Wine booths just chilling on a lot back there.

That would be cool to see the backstage areas!

A member of our party did have an unfortunate encounter with the bread pudding though. When the server was bringing it out he spilled a whole container of caramel down Mary's back (I'm not sure her name on the Dis!). The server was mortified and immediately ran for the manager. Mary was obviously very understanding, but her dress and hair were pretty drenched in caramel so the manager comped her an outfit from the store. She ended up getting that super cute Tiki Room dress. I'd say that's a win!

Oh my gosh! I can't imagine how gross that would have felt, all sticky. At least she got a free dress out of it!

Beautiful!

We picked a spot on Main Street about level with Casey's Corner. It ended up being a great spot! I'm not sure this show will ever get old to me.
47992100216_4faaecc18b_c.jpg

I agree, love this show!

thanks to a kind invitation from @pepperandchips!
Oh I forgot about that. Now I feel like even more of a jerk butt that we didn’t spend more time together. Obviously we need to remedy that! I’m glad @Mollydolly334 got to benefit from my Kara crush though :blush:

we went to check it out before doing anything else.
47991998397_aced4265e6_c.jpg

We had a court
I quoted this just to be sure to get the photo - helloooooo floral team, this one looks much nicer than that weirdness going on at the Beach club!

Look at that view! I got a lot of use out of this balcony.
Oh yeah! Perfect balcony.

@Lesley Wake had posted about buying a Captain America magic band so naturally the first thing I did was track down that magic band. It's a bit weird to me that it's the only Avengers magic band that has the actual actor on it, and not a cartoon. I think maybe Captain Marvel has a real one, as well, but I wonder how this all works with the exclusivity thing with Universal

YOU BROUGHT A STEVE TO THE NO STEVES PARTY?!

*examines fine print... :magnify: *

okay, steve rogers allowed

Dopey visited us next and he was pretty adorable and charming. He taught Dad some poses!
Adorable!
Your dad is the best.

I have a grudge against the Blue Angels ever since there was an airshow in downtown Kansas City that woke me up for several days in a row because those planes are LOUD; so needless to say I thought this would be lame.
GET OFF MY LAWN YOU LOLLYGAGGING WHIPPERSNAPPERS

(I would totally feel the same way)

. I also found it really cool to see the Food & Wine booths just chilling on a lot back there.
Whaaaat that is amazing! My KOMO is still pretty hard to deal with

(For everyone else: Knowledge Of Missing Out)

Brownie Sundae - Warm Brownie served with Hot Fudge, Whipped Cream, a Cherry and your choice of two Hand-scoops of Ice Cream
Wow what a tasty and amazing looking snack credit! I am going to need this in July.

I facetimed my boyfriend and showed him the view
EXCUSE ME. Wait a durn minute. You have a boyfriend?!

Why is this news? I’m about to go on a nice social media stalk...

Open-Faced Bacon and Egg Sandwich* - Poached Eggs, Applewood-smoked Bacon, and Brie on a Toasted Croissant served with Fresh Fruit
That looks amazing! I gotta agree with your dad, it’s getting to the point where I think BoG breakfast is unreasonably priced. But maybe if we shared one bacon sandwich and that pastry platter I could justify it... ::yes::

I think I’m caught up? Maybe??? It’s been a fun binge!!!

Edited to add: there are no boyfriend pics on facebooks. I have a sads now.

Last edited:
What a generous gift! You girls were very lucky! Sounds like an amazing time.

It was so generous! I still can't get over how amazing that person was to gift us with that.

That would be cool to see the backstage areas!

We were all nerding out, that's for sure!

Oh my gosh! I can't imagine how gross that would have felt, all sticky. At least she got a free dress out of it!

Yeah it was really messy! But in the end I was wishing they'd spilled the caramel on me :lmao:

Beautiful!

Ugh it was so perfect.

I agree, love this show!

Disney really nailed it with this one!

Oh I forgot about that. Now I feel like even more of a jerk butt that we didn’t spend more time together. Obviously we need to remedy that! I’m glad @Mollydolly334 got to benefit from my Kara crush though :blush:

It's my fault! I got shy in those big group situations. Next time I think I'll be much less shy.

Ooooh and the feeling is mutual :love: Also I think I need some of those really wonderful ears you make!

I quoted this just to be sure to get the photo - helloooooo floral team, this one looks much nicer than that weirdness going on at the Beach club!

I knew you'd appreciate this! Definitely far superior to that weirdo Beach Club arrangement.

Oh yeah! Perfect balcony.

How does Disney keep one-upping my balconies? Feels like they just get better and better.

YOU BROUGHT A STEVE TO THE NO STEVES PARTY?!

*examines fine print... :magnify: *

okay, steve rogers allowed

see, I'm no rule breaker! Although I did bring my dad...

Adorable!
Your dad is the best.

He is! I feel quite lucky to have him.

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU LOLLYGAGGING WHIPPERSNAPPERS

(I would totally feel the same way)

Sleep is a valuable commodity ok!

Whaaaat that is amazing! My KOMO is still pretty hard to deal with

(For everyone else: Knowledge Of Missing Out)

KOMO! That's so perfect, I think I used FOMO in the next post, but I really knew I was missing out. Totally stealing this.

Wow what a tasty and amazing looking snack credit! I am going to need this in July.

Oh you absolutely do. Especially when the ice cream soaked into the brownie.... mmm it was perfect!

EXCUSE ME. Wait a durn minute. You have a boyfriend?!

Why is this news? I’m about to go on a nice social media stalk...

Yes I do! I'm as surprised as you :rotfl2:

I'm sorry to disappoint (and you already know) but there are no pictures of him on my social media. However, I am currently trying to convince him to visit Disney, so maybe soon!

That looks amazing! I gotta agree with your dad, it’s getting to the point where I think BoG breakfast is unreasonably priced. But maybe if we shared one bacon sandwich and that pastry platter I could justify it... ::yes::

I think I’m caught up? Maybe??? It’s been a fun binge!!!

Edited to add: there are no boyfriend pics on facebooks. I have a sads now.

Sharing would be a great way to make it less pricy! And I think there's some value to getting a pre-park opening ADR... ya know, for someone that can wake up that atrociously early.

Maybe someday I'll post one! On Instagram at least...

Epic Girls Trip Highlights Day 4!

This was May 4th, or May the 4th Be With You, so Dad and I spent some time in Hollywood Studios in the morning! I knew I needed to say hello to my favorite Wookiee. So that's what I did first!
47992108832_ae867aeedd_c.jpg

47992113063_552170f31e_c.jpg

As you can tell I also used the 'holiday' as an excuse to wear my super cute R2-D2 dress. Not sure if this is allowed, but it's from an Etsy shop called KawaiianPizzaApparel and they've got tons of cute Disney dresses etc.

For lunch we ate at the Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge. I just wanted a light lunch and this Cobb salad is perfect.
47992050272_5757b668f7_c.jpg

For dessert I tracked down the churro lightsaber. It came with a side of chocolate dipping sauce. The churro was pretty good, but it broke immediately so it ruined all my photo op ideas! Also churros are better at Disneyland. And so much easier to find! I could list several churro carts there but I can't think of a single one (ya know, aside from the one I got my lightsaber at) at Disney World.
47992098721_b8ac2e54a3_c.jpg

I thought since it was a Star Wars day that Hollywood Studios would have some special offerings. Like maybe Rey would be around meeting guests. But there was really nothing other than some special pins. We headed out to Epcot to meet up with the group. We ended up walking, which I'd never done before. It was a beautiful walk, but a tad too hot to be enjoyable. We met up with the group at the International Gateway and then had to book it to the Odyssey building to avoid the oncoming rain. And it rained hard! Luckily, there were drinks and snacks inside.
47992099251_9cdda388a4_c.jpg

Fried Green Tomatoes - with blue crab fennel salad, remoulade and smoked paprika oil

I thought this was just ok. I liked the tomato part alright, but the salad was really weird. I didn't realize it at the time, but that's because there's fennel in it and I'm not a huge fan of fennel. There were a couple photo ops in the building; one was Minnie's Garden Party. It looked so cute, but the line was really long so I opted for the other. Oh yeah, and I had a costume change.
47992109477_136dc39c12_c.jpg

47992158841_c082b5a196_c.jpg

So my shyness definitely got in my way here. There were so many people and I wasn't sure how to really mingle in. This is all me, cause everyone was fantastic and so nice. But in the end, I got antsy and Dad and I decided to start exploring the Flower and Garden Festival even though it was still sprinkling. I wish I had done this part of the trip differently, but it's a good learning experience!

We didn't get very far before I saw something I needed to try at the Mexico booth.
47992058927_beec05acb9_c.jpg

Beef Torta - Braised beef served on a crispy sourdough roll with Queso Oaxaca, Avocado, Pickled Onions, and Jalepenos in a Spicy Habanero Sauce.

I LOOOVED this. The beef was tender and so flavorful, and the habanero sauce paired so well with it. It had just the perfect amount of spice. My only issue was that it was fairly difficult to eat. The sauce was in the bottom of the cup, all over the bun, so it's not like it could be picked up. And it took a decent amount of effort to cut through it all. But it was worth it and I'd get this one again.

I also got a drink!
47992062708_0cfcd864a1_c.jpg

Damiana Flower Margarita - Damiana Flower Liquer, Blanco Tequila, Agave Nectar, and Citrus Juices served on the rocks with a Black Ant Salt Rim

This tasted like your average margarita. Black ant salt rim sounds weird, but again it just tasted like your regular salt rim. And here's the Three Caballeros!
47992100581_d5e80ba4da_c.jpg

Elsa and Anna in Norway. Hibiscus flowers aren't very Norwegian...
47992067977_a3cef05b1c_c.jpg

My favorite topiaries!

47992127211_5488ff49fd_c.jpg

I seem to have lost my leg..
47992072347_45f73832d6_c.jpg

Snow White and Dopey in Germany. Oh man did the Germany pavilion make me miss actual Germany. Bier und Brezeln nearly broke me!
47992070377_7094b2fff7_c.jpg

Lady and the Tramp in Italy. Lady's ears are so sweet!
47992067872_de9df8304c_c.jpg

Mickey and Minnie in America. I love how bright and sunshine-y this is.
47992123311_3475d03a11_c.jpg

I got a beer. It was good, but heavy. Not an easy drinker!
47992062843_e6c1784552_c.jpg

Shipyard Maple Bacon Stout

Dad had his eye on a barbecue sandwich. Can't fathom WHY, we live in Kansas City, all the best barbecue is in our backyard. But I digress...
47992109311_4b74db3e53_c.jpg

Beef Brisket Burnt Ends and Pork Belly Slider - with Garlic Sausage, Chorizo, Cheddar Fondue, and House-Made Pickle

I took a bite. I found it acceptable. Did I mention Kansas City is known for barbecue, and one of our specialties is burnt ends?!

In Japan I decided to finally give the very popular Frushi a shot. I'm not big on fruity desserts, or coconut, but it was a snack credit so why not?
47992058167_9b356e429b_c.jpg

Frushi - Fresh Pineapple, Strawberry, and Melon rolled with Coconut Rice, sprinkled with Toasted Coconut and Whipped Cream with Raspberry Sauce on the side

I surprised myself and liked it! The coconut was pretty subtle, and the rice flavoring actually reminded me of rice pudding, which I love. Plus, it's only little amounts of fruit, so it worked well for me. I probably wouldn't need to get it every festival, but could see myself picking it up again sometime.

While in Japan I ran into the girls! I figured they'd catch up to Dad and I and I could rejoin them, but they had started in Canada. Ughhh! But I did get to jump in a group photo with some of them!
47992108157_cd86b611ca_c.jpg

That's @Mollydolly334, @Pluto0809, @disneyAndi14, @Chrystmasangel, @chunkymonkey, @missjackiemcg, Lindsey (whose Dis name I can't find) and myself!

I thought about turning around to join them but I really wanted to keep exploring the stuff I hadn't seen yet, so Dad and I continued the opposite direction.

In Morocco there was this GORGEOUS tree by the bathrooms. Wow, I could not stop staring at it.
47992117351_7107425434_c.jpg

I picked up a chicken skewer. It didn't really excite me much, and the couscous was served cold, which I didn't dig.
47992109386_f0e0e12f1d_c.jpg

Harissa Chicken Kebab - with Dried Fruit Couscous Salad

I stopped for another snack at the Florida Fresh stand.
47992111021_250c262869_c.jpg

Carne Guisada - With Black Bean Cake and Cilantro-Lime Sour Cream

I didn't take notes, so I can't tell you about specifics with flavors, but I do know I really loved this. All the flavors blended together nicely, and the black bean cake was unique and delicious.

I was pretty full at this point, but still had room for some dessert in France.
47992108276_42421b827f_c.jpg

Macaron au Chocolat en Sucette - Large Chocolate Macaron Lollipop

I had wanted this the year before, but somehow it never happened. This was a rich, extremely decadent dessert. I could see it being too much for some people, but it worked well for me. I thought the nuts were a nice change in texture from the usual macaron!

I also stopped for a PhotoPass here.
47992112948_1b22a647a8_c.jpg

So, when I booked the trip I had booked a Slinky Dog Dash FP around 4 pm. Unfortunately that interfered with the meet-up, so we skipped it. Dad insisted he didn't care about riding it, even though it was new to him. But I was a little bummed for him to miss out. As fates would have it, though, Slinky Dog ended up being down during our FP because of the rain, so it converted to an anytime FP! So we decided to catch a friendship boat back to Hollywood Studios so that Dad could ride Slinky Dog Dash.
47992064973_fee8bf27ae_c.jpg

47992109576_84dfc30b1c_c.jpg

It looks like he liked it!
48054454828_7f5343e950_c.jpg

Dad and I grabbed some drinks at Baseline Taphouse. It rained some more. And then we headed back to Wilderness Lodge! For dinner we used a quick service credit at Geyser Point.

47992109481_a48e698bac_c.jpg
Crispy Chicken Sandwich - served with Chili Aïoli, Lettuce and Tomato on an Artisan Roll with choice of Multigrain Salad or Waffle Fries

I added onion to my sandwich because I wouldn't be me if I didn't. It was the kind of sandwich I was in the mood for and it hit the spot. The fries were pretty heavily battered and not terribly fresh, but I've yet to meet a fry I wouldn't eat.

After dinner we relaxed a little, and then headed to bed!

Up Next: Epic Girls Trip Highlights Day 5!

Last edited:
It was packed in the Odyssey and hot!! I like your picture in there with the flowers, very nice! I did wait it out for Minnie, she was sweet. The people in the line were so line clueless, I wanted to scream, haha! They kept huge gaps and just sat down in the middle of the line and wouldn’t move and if we tried to keep going we got the death stare!!

It looks like you tried some good F&G treats overall, I really liked the chocolate dessert in France, I got one and enjoyed it!!

That’s awesome you got to do SDD with your dad! I really like this ride.

Awww, I would have been the same as you and been shy with the large group. It is hard meeting new people sometimes even though you already know them from online.

Love the flower photo of you. What a nice backdrop.

Hi Kara! I had no idea you were writing this so I'm glad you tagged me! I'm caught up on the Epic Trip part. I also need to hop over to your August one and read that.

Sounds like a good time in DHS and Epcot!

I love all your pics of the topiaries! I really want to go back for F&G one year.

What luck having your SDD FP convert to an anytime pass so you could still ride it!

As you can tell I also used the 'holiday' as an excuse to wear my super cute R2-D2 dress. Not sure if this is allowed, but it's from an Etsy shop called KawaiianPizzaApparel and they've got tons of cute Disney dresses etc.
I have a dress that looks just like that! It's not from Etsy but it has long sleeves and R2 on it as well.
For lunch we ate at the Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge. I just wanted a light lunch and this Cobb salad is perfect.
47992050272_5757b668f7_c.jpg
Now that is a cobb salad I can get behind. I have to remember to ask them to put the dressing on the side. The last time I had the salad it was so over dressed it was...mushy.
For dessert I tracked down the churro lightsaber. It came with a side of chocolate dipping sauce. The churro was pretty good, but it broke immediately so it ruined all my photo op ideas! Also churros are better at Disneyland. And so much easier to find! I could list several churro carts there but I can't think of a single one (ya know, aside from the one I got my lightsaber at) at Disney World.
47992098721_b8ac2e54a3_c.jpg
OMG my sister and I got them (one red one blue) just so we could post the pics on instagram. I don't like the colorful sprinkles, and you are correct, DLR churros are 10x better and more abundant!
I thought this was just ok. I liked the tomato part alright, but the salad was really weird. I didn't realize it at the time, but that's because there's fennel in it and I'm not a huge fan of fennel.
I'm not a fan of fennel either! I tolerate it more now if I can't pick it out but I don't usually like it.
I honestly did not like this dish, my fried tomatoes were cold and icky.
The fried green tomatoes with mozzarella at Italy were amazing!
Oh yeah, and I had a costume change.
47992109477_136dc39c12_c.jpg
I was wondering about that! But your dress is so pretty!
So my shyness definitely got in my way here. There were so many people and I wasn't sure how to really mingle in. This is all me, cause everyone was fantastic and so nice. But in the end, I got antsy and Dad and I decided to start exploring the Flower and Garden Festival even though it was still sprinkling. I wish I had done this part of the trip differently, but it's a good learning experience!
Awww I don't think you're shy! You are too sweet to be shy! You should have come talk to me, although we may have been stuck in the rain still at that point!
I am definitely shy too in the real world, but a lot of it goes away when I'm at Disney and with Dis meets because I already know that we have something in common!
47992108157_cd86b611ca_c.jpg

That's @Mollydolly334, @Pluto0809, @disneyAndi14, @Chrystmasangel, @chunkymonkey, @missjackiemcg, Lindsey (whose Dis name I can't find) and myself!
@LindseyJo22 !!
And I love this pic!
47992111021_250c262869_c.jpg

Carne Guisada - With Black Bean Cake and Cilantro-Lime Sour Cream

I didn't take notes, so I can't tell you about specifics with flavors, but I do know I really loved this. All the flavors blended together nicely, and the black bean cake was unique and delicious.
Yum that looks amazing

So, when I booked the trip I had booked a Slinky Dog Dash FP around 4 pm. Unfortunately that interfered with the meet-up, so we skipped it. Dad insisted he didn't care about riding it, even though it was new to him. But I was a little bummed for him to miss out. As fates would have it, though, Slinky Dog ended up being down during our FP because of the rain, so it converted to an anytime FP! So we decided to catch a friendship boat back to Hollywood Studios so that Dad could ride Slinky Dog Dash.
47992064973_fee8bf27ae_c.jpg
Aw I'm glad that dad got to ride SDD!! What great luck you had with that FP! We had something similar happen to us for Mine Train later in the week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter