Return of the Porg - A June 2018 TR *updated 6/24 Epic DISmeet highlights day 7 COMPLETED!*

I loved the tea! I always wondered about it and so glad I tried it!!
I love your Kevin pictures!
I have thought about AK after hours except for us it wouldn’t be worth it! I don’t ride Everest and we have been on FoP and NRJ many times!
I remember years ago when Disney offered EMH in the evening, we loved it, we rode Dinosaur over and over!!

47992159181_f4d6555854_c.jpg

Somehow I did not notice this when at AK. Probably too focused on getting to FoP.

I did notice this though! Super cute addition to the park.

We rode some rides and walked around and then completely randomly ran into Kevin! I had actually forgotten all about him her being at Animal Kingdom. He She interacted with me for a long time before I looked around and realized Dad was just standing in the background, not taking photos! I yelled, "Dad, you're failing!" and threw my phone at him. It wasn't too much of a fail, though, because the guide told me I could give Kevin a hug and then he she posed with me! Such a fun little experience, and I love his her little flapping wings and squawks.

I couldn't help but laugh at this. Sounds like something that would have happened with me and my mom.

Stunning

@Lesley Wake wore a super appropriate dress for tea, so she had to get pictures with the adorable tiles. She was obviously focusing on a different camera, but still cute!
47992087508_b126e92a28_c.jpg
Haha - stalker photo! I didn't even realize you were taking one!
Dad had a friend at dinner. This bird stared forever, I'm assuming at its own reflection.
47992097877_6ba6630a15_c.jpg
Haha - yeah or maybe just interested in some of the bread service!
We rode the Safari at dusk, which was new to us. And funnily enough we actually ended up on the same Safari vehicle as Billie and Sarah! They were also doing After Hours. A fun little Dismeet. The Safari was a bit boring and it was difficult to really see anything. I think the lions were actually up and moving so that was cool, but still wouldn't recommend it!
That's funny to be on the same vehicle! I don't really like the dusk/night safaris - the animals are already mostly packing up for the night and any that are out, you can't get good photos because of low light!
Snacks are included during After Hours, so we indulged in some of those. Yes, more food! They actually did things a little differently in Animal Kingdom. Rather than the usual full-sized popcorn boxes they were filling up drink cups, and they just had them sitting there for guests to grab.
I actually like this - easier to grab and eat quickly.
But the CM let us wander back through the standby line and I got to see the floating avatar thingy!
That's cool! If I ever end up doing DAH at AK I will need to do this!
They also had the DJ truck from Donald's Dino Bash out and playing music. It was a little awkward as it was pretty much just the DJs dancing alone. It would have been a fun extra if Chip and Dale had been out dancing like during the day.
Yeah, definitely awkward!

It was packed, but it was a great place to get out of the rain. I should have waited for Minnie with you but I can be a bit impatient at times... and those people probably would have pushed me over the edge haha!

Yeah that dessert was great, I'd for sure grab it again!

I was so happy it worked out that he could ride - it is a cute little coaster! The ride vehicles could not be cuter.

If I recall you also let out a little word hahah

It really was! I'll definitely have to make some time to get it whenever I visit again.

Thank you!

Yeah it can be hard! I'm sort of an outgoing introvert, so it can be a bit taxing!

Thank you! It was the cutest backdrop, loved it!

Thanks for coming over here and reading! I'm really enjoying your TR :)

It was a good day... so easy to hop between the two parks.

I'll go with you! Haha.

We actually ended up having that luck quite a lot it seemed, but this was the one I was happiest about.

Oh cute! I'm not sure I recall you wearing it, though I've read quite a few of your TRs. Might have to go dig now haha

Oh yeah, since the lettuce is so finely chopped it can definitely get mushy fast. The good news is that both times I've had it at the lounge the dressing has been on the side!

Your pictures are what made me knew I needed to track it down! I was so jealous when Disneyland got them and Disney World didn't, so this was great.

Yessss! Disneyland churros are one of my favorite snacks and Disney World's don't even register for me!

I can sorta tolerate it too, but I find it so overwhelming. Sorta like cilantro.

I can't remember if the tomatoes were cold for us, but it definitely wasn't an impressive dish.

I wish I'd tried those! Sounds delicious.

Aww thank you! I felt it was more Flower & Garden appropriate... plus that R2 one is a little hot.

I think you might have been stuck in the rain. I'm pretty good at being outgoing, but it can be hard for me. I've come a long way on my shyness since I was a kid, but it shows up now and then haha.

These were all my first Dismeets and now that I got it all out of the way I think I'd be much better at overcoming any shyness!

Oh thank you! I was searching through your PTR, but I couldn't find it!
Me too, it's adorable!

So good, would definitely repeat it.

It's so great when it works out that way! Feels like some extra Disney magic or something.

So great! What do you think of MaxPass vs Fastpass+? Curious to try it out..

Agreed! And the lounge atmosphere is so nice!

Yes, the boat was much better, although I do love a good walk.

Aw thank you!

At least they look pretty!

:banana:

Ugh, I know it's amazing!

Definitely worked out perfectly for us!

Thank you! I really love it

It's truly a perfect salad.

Thank you again! The rest of the booths at F&G made up for this dish!

Yeah it lives up to the hype, which surprised me!

Mmmm I always appreciate a margarita, that's for sure!

Yes! I'm the same way! Most people don't really believe that I am shy/introverted cause I can be pretty outgoing.

:blush:

Was a nice end to the day, such a relaxing atmosphere.

Thanks for joining in and reading!!

Haha yes! There were so many people there, the TRs are everywhere!

Thanks again for taking the time to read, means a lot!

Thanks so much for reading it! Always great to meet a fellow Disney-loving RN. What do you do as a nurse?

It was so fun to be able to join them, so thankful I got the opportunity.

I'm so happy my pictures convinced you to maybe watch Happily Ever After. When is your trip? Tell me the details!
I am an Emergency Department RN. I started on a Cardiac Surgery Step Down unit, but then got a job in the ED after a few years. I love it down there! No two days are alike! Even though I have been working there for over 25 years, I can't picture myself working anywhere else...lol!

We are not going to WDW until January of 2021, but actually, I am only a few months from the 499 day mark to put in our hotel reservations! I have not been back for several years, but we are going as a family, and it will be the first time for my grandkids and my daughter in law, so that will be so much fun! I wanted to wait until Charlie is out of diapers, so we are waiting until he is 3, which isn't until November of 2020, which is what is causing the delay. It is good that I have time to explore our options though. I still can't decide on the best place to stay... and be close enough to the parks so we can still go back for afternoon breaks / nap for Charlie, but not break the bank either! Right now, I am thinking of staying at a moderate, but Lord knows what the prices will be by then! We need a room that sleeps 5 for my son and his family; that also limits our choices.

Loving your writing style! Thanks for such fun trip reports! :banana:

What an awesome food day! I love magic bars. I love tea at the GF. Sanaa's bread service is wonderful and who doesn't love Mickey bars!!!

It really was a great food day! The tea is fabulous, I'll definitely do it again. I think Sanaa is what I crave most out in the real world!

I loved the tea! I always wondered about it and so glad I tried it!!
I love your Kevin pictures!
I have thought about AK after hours except for us it wouldn’t be worth it! I don’t ride Everest and we have been on FoP and NRJ many times!
I remember years ago when Disney offered EMH in the evening, we loved it, we rode Dinosaur over and over!!

I'm glad you got to try too! It was a great time!

Thank you, she was a lot of fun! Such a cool character walk around

I think it was barely worth it for Dad and I! EMH was great back in the day. I remember being in Magic Kingdom until 2 in the morning and riding all sorts of things with little wait.

Somehow I did not notice this when at AK. Probably too focused on getting to FoP.

It's fairly off to the side, easy to miss. I was just keeping my eyes open for this photo ops!

I did notice this though! Super cute addition to the park.

I agree, really hope they keep it!

I couldn't help but laugh at this. Sounds like something that would have happened with me and my mom.

Ugh parents! He should know better by now!

Pandora is so beautiful. Really can't get over it.

Haha - stalker photo! I didn't even realize you were taking one!

I was definitely being a stalker! I'm a fan of candid photos haha

Haha - yeah or maybe just interested in some of the bread service!

Can't blame him! Bread service is life!
That's funny to be on the same vehicle! I don't really like the dusk/night safaris - the animals are already mostly packing up for the night and any that are out, you can't get good photos because of low light!

It was so random - especially so because we were sent to the accessible ride vehicle which has never happened to me before. And yeah, it was fun to experience once, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to repeat it.

I actually like this - easier to grab and eat quickly.

yeah it was way quicker and the full box of popcorn is usually too much!

That's cool! If I ever end up doing DAH at AK I will need to do this!

was definitely a nice little perk. We've waited in the standby line once, but there's so much to see in it!

Yeah, definitely awkward!

Gotta up those offerings! Though, this isn't much of a plus to anyone, it seems.

I am an Emergency Department RN. I started on a Cardiac Surgery Step Down unit, but then got a job in the ED after a few years. I love it down there! No two days are alike! Even though I have been working there for over 25 years, I can't picture myself working anywhere else...lol!

We are not going to WDW until January of 2021, but actually, I am only a few months from the 499 day mark to put in our hotel reservations! I have not been back for several years, but we are going as a family, and it will be the first time for my grandkids and my daughter in law, so that will be so much fun! I wanted to wait until Charlie is out of diapers, so we are waiting until he is 3, which isn't until November of 2020, which is what is causing the delay. It is good that I have time to explore our options though. I still can't decide on the best place to stay... and be close enough to the parks so we can still go back for afternoon breaks / nap for Charlie, but not break the bank either! Right now, I am thinking of staying at a moderate, but Lord knows what the prices will be by then! We need a room that sleeps 5 for my son and his family; that also limits our choices.

Loving your writing style! Thanks for such fun trip reports! :banana:

Always nice to meet a fellow RN! Can't imagine working in the ED, though!

That's so exciting you're planning a trip! I bet January 2021 will be a great time with the 50th going on. A moderate would be a great option for you! Port Orleans Riverside has rooms that sleep 5 in the Alligator Bayou section. It isn't directly connected to any park, but it also doesn't seem too far away from the parks. Not to mention Riverside is one of my very favorite resorts! Pop Century would also be a great choice, and it'll be on the gondola system then. The rooms don't sleep 5, unfortunately, but maybe you'll figure out a good option there! Oh, Art of Animation has the family suites, which are lovely! And it'll also be on the gondola! So many choices, and luckily planning is half the fun!

Thank you so much for reading them! They're fun to write and relive the magic!

Epic Girls Trip Highlights Day 7 - Last Day!

So we've finally reached the last day of my Epic journey! Our flight was later in the day, though, so we still had some time for fun! We stowed our bags with Bell Services, and then made our way to the boat docks one last time. This area is so darn beautiful!
47992156731_78d5bf95ae_c.jpg

Once in the park I used a snack credit on a Cheshire Cat Tail, only to be very disappointed by it. In the past when I've had it it's been very flaky, like a croissant. But this time it was a little mushy, and almost cold? Like it hadn't been defrosted properly (I'm sure Disney does something similar to Starbucks where they just defrost their pastries). Also it was pretty darn sweet with all that icing. Maybe it was just an off day.
47992097277_eb89f01096_c.jpg

We made our way through Adventureland, and I believe we rode Pirates of the Caribbean and saw the Tiki Room! But I just love this photo.
47992112733_ca2224e62f_c.jpg

We had an ADR for Skipper Canteen. We checked in a little bit early since I was pretty hungry still, and they seated us with no problem. This time we were seated a table in the main dining room, and we had a skipper who was into the jokes, but in an understated sort of way. It was a nice performance level, for us.

I ordered the same thing I had last time.
47992102413_bbf3a48657_c.jpg

Perkins Thai Noodles - Chicken, Tofu, Seasonal Vegetables, and Rice Noodles tossed in a Spicy Soy-Chili Garlic Sauce. A favorite of our friend Pamelia Perkins, President of the Adventurers Club

This dish is a very satisfying noodle dish. It's not particularly inventive or special, but if you're in the mood for noodles it'll hit the spot! It's quite spicy, so beware if you have a sensitive palate.

Dad ordered the whole fried fish again, which he enjoyed. He still prefers the version at Tiffins, though. Since we were on the Dining Plan we also got dessert!
47992147121_444ebee91b_c.jpg

Kungaloosh! - An African-inspired Chocolate Cake with Caramelized Bananas served with Cashew-Caramel Ice Cream topped with Coffee Dust

This is my kind of dessert! I'm obsessed with caramelized bananas, and ice cream melting into cake is one of my favorite things. I wasn't expecting much but was really blown away by it!

After lunch it was time to use our FP at Splash Mountain, my only ride of the trip, if you can believe it. I can't. I'm very disappointed in myself.
47992106232_7c263f3474_c.jpg

48118803963_a3299a0d00_c.jpg

Then it was time to say goodbye to Magic Kingdom! I couldn't believe how fast the trip had gone!
47992153976_0762857003_c.jpg

We caught a boat back to Wilderness Lodge and it was scorching hot! Once back at the Lodge I used up a few remaining snack credits, and did some last minute shopping. I usually buy a pin of the resort I'm staying at, but I really didn't like the design they have right now so I passed. I did buy a super cute magnet, though! I also made Dad take a photo of me for a then and now! I know I'm not nearly as stylish now, guys, you don't have to point that out!
47992095047_d2e0ba63e3_c.jpg

Sooner than we'd like we were boarding a Magical Express bus back to the airport and our Epic vacation was over! I'm so grateful for all the wonderful memories, and even more grateful for the wonderful people I was able to meet! I can't wait until I get to meet up with them all again and have an even more epic trip! Thanks for reading along, feel free to stop by my
other TR from last August!

Oh and if you were wondering how we did with the Dining Plan, we actually came out ahead! The alcoholic drinks being included really makes a big difference, and we were able to use the snack credits on some pricier items at Flower & Garden!

THE END.

You are the second person who has been disappointed with the Cheshire Cat tail, bummer! I have yet to try it!

We love spending our last day in MK

Love the flashback photo, you are still very stylish!!

I love then and now photos, always fun.

What a wonderful trip you had. It sounds like everybody who went to the epic meet had an amazing time.

Afternoon tea sounds like it was lovely!

Ahh great pics with Kevin- how fun!

Sounds like a great meal at Sanaa and a fun time at After Hours in AK!

A nice morning at MK before saying goodbye! I'm glad you had such a good trip!

It really was a great food day! The tea is fabulous, I'll definitely do it again. I think Sanaa is what I crave most out in the real world!

I'm glad you got to try too! It was a great time!

Thank you, she was a lot of fun! Such a cool character walk around

I think it was barely worth it for Dad and I! EMH was great back in the day. I remember being in Magic Kingdom until 2 in the morning and riding all sorts of things with little wait.

It's fairly off to the side, easy to miss. I was just keeping my eyes open for this photo ops!

I agree, really hope they keep it!

Ugh parents! He should know better by now!

Pandora is so beautiful. Really can't get over it.

I was definitely being a stalker! I'm a fan of candid photos haha

Can't blame him! Bread service is life!

It was so random - especially so because we were sent to the accessible ride vehicle which has never happened to me before. And yeah, it was fun to experience once, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to repeat it.

yeah it was way quicker and the full box of popcorn is usually too much!

was definitely a nice little perk. We've waited in the standby line once, but there's so much to see in it!

Gotta up those offerings! Though, this isn't much of a plus to anyone, it seems.

Always nice to meet a fellow RN! Can't imagine working in the ED, though!

That's so exciting you're planning a trip! I bet January 2021 will be a great time with the 50th going on. A moderate would be a great option for you! Port Orleans Riverside has rooms that sleep 5 in the Alligator Bayou section. It isn't directly connected to any park, but it also doesn't seem too far away from the parks. Not to mention Riverside is one of my very favorite resorts! Pop Century would also be a great choice, and it'll be on the gondola system then. The rooms don't sleep 5, unfortunately, but maybe you'll figure out a good option there! Oh, Art of Animation has the family suites, which are lovely! And it'll also be on the gondola! So many choices, and luckily planning is half the fun!

Thank you so much for reading them! They're fun to write and relive the magic!
Thanks Kara! We are exactly on the same page! PO-Riverside is my first choice, followed by AofA. Our only other option is Caribbean Beach, or does All Stars Movies have family suites? If none of those work out, I think my oldest grandson will room with my husband and I, which would be really fun for him, but a bit tiring for Grandpa! I just can't see wasting time saying off site. ( Terri) :tigger:

Agreed! And the lounge atmosphere is so nice!

For sure!

Yes, the boat was much better, although I do love a good walk.

It was just too hot in May to walk any extra!

Thank you again! The rest of the booths at F&G made up for this dish!

They always do. There is so much to enjoy.

I only recently realized that it's a mimosa due to the fruit boba balls. Still, it's basically just endless glasses of champagne!

OHhhh, that makes sense now. I was wondering.

I always wanted to do a Mary! Next time...

So I was 0 for 2 on my entrees. But at least the buffet is a winner!

Well, poop! But, yes the buffet so perfect.

Awww, look at me all perfecting the feminine, demure ChunkyDump.

It had been a pretty powerful storm, and some of the Flower & Garden signs didn't fare too well.

Nah, they were just doing some more filming for Soarin'. ;)

I might have darted back to this spot when I saw the monorail coming.

It can't be helped.

I never realized before, but the sugar cane is actually the skewer!

Oh neat!!

A little girl was just mesmerized by the butterfly on my finger so I gently transferred it to her finger and she was just thrilled to pieces! And she was so gentle with the butterfly too.

You probably helped her form a lifelong memory; how wonderful!

I also got a drink at the Citrus Blossom, which I thought was really delicious and refreshing. It didn't taste alcoholic at all, but supposedly it was.

That's because Disney drinks don't have more alcohol than a 1/2 a thimbleful.

WOW! Nice shot, Kara!

Soooooooooooooooo pretty!

Awww, that was such a fun time. I love the Tea there. I look like a dork obviously focused on something entirely other than the camera. LOL!

We got only naan for our bread.
I"m pretty sure only naan comes with it. :)

One of my all-time favorite photos ever from Disney is one of those birds from THAT window. I love those things!

Super pretty picture!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter