Return policies, what's your take?

I think different companies will treat the dates differently and it should be in their policy. As companies like Amazon allow more flexible returns and the ability to order multiple clothing items to try on and only pay for what you keep other retailers will have to replicate it or lose a lot of business to them.

I think the question is also whether the company needs to receive and process the return BY 9/14, or does it just need to be shipped out by the customer by 9/14.
Yeah- is it post-marked date or received date by the company..hopefully the return policy from the company the OP ordered from states something or some communication from the company (like invoice, shipping e-mail, etc) states which one it is.

Ours is 30 days from received. We actually had people try to return stuff a year old before we explicitly stated policy. Being organic in nature our products can lose effectiveness over time.

My interpretation would be from the Order date, and 60 days is a decent return window. It wouldn't be hard for me to receive the product, decide to return it, and have it received as a return within 60 days.

Depends on the company. Some explicitly say 60 days from purchase date, which is the date the order was made. Some say 60 days within receipt.

Yes, each company is different. With most things being logged on computers nowadays, some companies can track and adjust the return date according to when items arrive. Other companies which don't have that kind of advanced software, I think, just use the order date OR the ship date.

I tend to return things by the order date. This way, it doesn't matter if they had given me an extension to ship date or arrival date. I'm safe.

For the OP, she would have had to return items by Sept 14.
(Some months have 30 day and others 31, so that may throw off one off adding up the days in your head. Meanwhile, the retailers' computers will be accurate. For instance, if the OP returned her items on Sept 17, it would have been the 62 day mark. She was over by an extra two days as July & Aug have 31 days. :headache: )

If anyone needs an online calculator to figure out how many days something is, here is a good one. Make sure you checkmark, "Include end date in calculation (1 day is added)," as the day you return something will count as a day, not just the days in between.

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

You know who has a bad policy? shopdisney lol

ShopDisney.com will gladly exchange, credit or refund the purchase directly from ShopDisney.com if returned within 30 days of the shipping date, unless otherwise stated herein.

They shipped it so slow that I had pretty much no time to decide if I wanted to keep it or not.
I think I got spoiled by Amazon Prime because I've only ordered 1 thing from Disney and it came in a reasonable amount of time it's just I've heard so many bad stories. Makes me hesistant to buy something there unless I really really want it because of the slow shipping time. I try to read the reviews on clothing too but sometimes the things I want don't have reviews and then I'm left guessing if it's a tighter fit, true to size, too big, etc and then I decide it's not worth it with the shipping and returning lol.

I think the company sent it back becuase it was "old" The note was "old/damaged" which I take to mean either one of those things can be the reason. It sounds like it had been more than 60 days past the ship date when OP returned the items---thus the items being old merchandise.

Ahhh, gotcha. I misread it to think that she wasn’t allowed to return it as the deadline had since passed. :badpc: In that case I really think the only way to answer this is to read the terms and conditions of the website in question - otherwise, we are all just guessing :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter