Return To Sleepy Hollow - still an option?

Raya

DIS Veteran
Hi! We'd like to go to the Return to Sleepy Hollow event this fall. I've seen a few postings saying that shows are already sold out. Is it too late for 2018? Or is there any chance to get tickets to this event still? Do I need to follow some secret strategy?

I'd be planning a quick weekend trip around this event, so any dates would work. Are some a better chance than others?

Umm, I'm not sure why this was moved to the Camping thread - I'm asking about the movie event/meet-and-greet? It does take place at Fort Wilderness but we won't be camping at all.

I would check a month out, a week out, and the day before. Special events book fast so quite a few people book but then cancel as plan change. We have snagged many events by doing this

It was moved here because this is generally where there is the most discussion regarding The Return to Sleepy Hollow on the DIS.

Here is a Camping thread from April 2018 on it that has a link to our 2017 thread on it and a link to a review.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/return-to-sleepy-hollow-at-fort-wilderness.3675856/

Here is a link with the info for 2018.

http://chipandco.com/the-headless-h...t-the-fort-wilderness-resort-for-2018-302794/

It's not a high capacity event so since tickets have been available for purchase now for all dates for about three weeks, I'm not surprised if it's sold out for some/most dates.

Just keep trying.

Bama Ed

Agree with the above posts. Cancellations will increase as the event dates get closer but can happen at any time. If the dates you're wanting are booked, you'll just need to keep frequent checks.

It just didn't have large numbers of availability per event so they were snatched up pretty quickly.

Having attended last year, I can echo the above statements. It is a very limited seating event, I would say, maybe 30-40 persons per showing. Our event was nearly half empty, but the recent hurricane may have had something to do with that.
We booked ours the first day tickets were available, and our date was the first one, falling in Sept.

Keep trying, you may get lucky.

I'm going to ask what is probably the obvious question, but did you call this line to ask about availability?
407-WDW-TOUR
That is what I called and just told them the date and which time I wanted. Even had to call back because I changed my mind and decided I wanted the later viewing, but they were able to accommodate that too.

I just made my reservation for this event last week. The agent acted like there was plenty of availability (like what category I wanted). I didn't get the impression it was sold out ...... at least for the 30th of September.

I tried to book for October 27 today but both times were sold out. The day before was open and I booked tickets for the 8 PM show. I’ll be coming from BLT and the CM told me to leave BLT about 7 to arrive 20 minutes to 8. Does that sound about right?

Dean1953,

Yes that would sound about right coming from BLT. You can take the direct boat ride from the Contemporary boat dock (way out on the end) and it's maybe 10 minutes to the Fort. The boats run periodically so you might have a 10-20 minute wait for the boat but, yeah, that's about right.

Bama Ed

PS - if it were me, I'd split hairs slightly and say be at the end of the dock waiting for the boat at 7pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter