Return to Sleepy Hollow?

Dub

Earning My Ears
I really want to attend the Return to Sleepy Hollow event this year, but haven’t seen any notice of it (tickets went on sale 3/23 last year for the first event). I called WDW-Tour and they have no info about it this year. Does anyone have insider info? I am totally bummed if it isn’t going to be a thing this year :(

Might be once they know the TCD will be rebuilt, since it is probably getting moved up front for the new resort.

My guess is that it will not happen this year with the neighboring construction. Hopefully once the new barns and all are built they will continue it.

I would be surprised if the Sleepy Hollow event was held in 2019.

The construction area drawings show temporary fences up to nearly the Settlement bus depot with the TCD, pony ride corral, and the BBQ pavillion all inside the construction zone. They will probably continue to allow Cast Members working the TCD to do their horse work but that whole area (along with the construction across Wilderness Road of the new TCD) will probably be off-limits to guests for insurance reasons.

They'll have to build the new TCD before they tear down the old TCD, one would assume, and since they haven't pushed a shovel full of dirt in that direction yet (just spotted utilities and fence markers as of two weeks ago), Sleepy Hollow might be taking a year off.

I'm willing to bet somebody's truck on that. :rolleyes:

Bama Ed

I read that it was cancelled this year. I will try and find where I read it and post it.

Thank you, everyone. One one hand I’m sad to miss it this year...on the other I have no choice but to BOUNCE BACK!

While the area across from the barn now is completely cleared of all the trees, they are not expecting the new barn to be complete until October, that is why no SH this year. They say the land will have to be raised almost 9" before construction actually begins. The pony rides are very close to being shut down and moved to the front of FW between the trail ride office and the trail ride corral. Just yesterday they put up concrete barriers around the BYBBQ so I'm guessing that will be taken down very soon, also RC is almost completely gone also.
Sad to see such drastic changes especially for all the wildlife that live in all the woods between FW and WLodge. Times they are a changing.....

Anyone think they will have another event instead of this? Just asking.

Probably not. The movie in the barn, was a good money maker. It used existing structure, a projector, folding chairs, and a couple tables. Add a couple cast members and you had an event. We did enjoy it when we attended, but without a dedicated structure, I would doubt it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter