Returned: Just saying thanks

#1MMFan

Space Mountain Maniac
Returned earlier today from Toronto and just wanted to thank everyone who had helped us plan our trip and decide what we wanted to do this vacation! We had a blast.

We shopped a lot. Most of my money went to Roots (but then again that's no surprise to me - I just love those stores!). We also went to Niagara Falls again... but this time we took our own time and got some cool photos. Avoided Maid of the Mist as we got drenched the previous time! We enjoyed the bus journey loads. Rode the subway which was first class - the nicest subway I have ever been on without a doubt. We went up to Yorkdale shopping centre which was great. Also Eaton Centre (five mins from hotel if even that!). We rode the rocket, and we saw a Blue jays game - yes, they were playing the Giants that night and we all know what happened :-(
The SkyDome was awesome. Also got complimentary tickets to see the Phantoms at the Air Canada Centre which was also fantastic (but I'm not sure I understand football as much as baseball!). We did a harbour cruise to the islands on the last morning when it stayed dry the whole time. Didn't do CN Tower cos we did that in October and I have a whole lot of cool photos to prove it! Also went to Paramount Cinema to see The Sum of All Fears. Could have gone to the IMAX but didn't really like the look of the film that was on. Anyway, thanks guys for all the advice and I'm looking forward to going back in the near future. As my talking moose keychain says "I love Toronto".

John :bounce: :bounce:

Hi John!::wave: Nice to hear such enthusiasm for our great land!

I have family that stay in Newton Mearns, Glasgow and they try and visit us once a year and then we visit them in Florida (Timeshare). They too just adore Toronto and Niagara Falls so that is always on the agenda when they come.;)

Toronto is soooo fast and Niagara Falls (especially Niagara-On-The-Lake) is truly beautiful isn't it? Hope you recover quickley from the "jet lag" LOL and be sure and visit us again!:sunny: :sunny:

~Cindy~

Hi Cindy

My Dad is from Newton Mearns originally and I'm often up that neck of the woods! Small world. I just love everything 'bout Toronto. And it's all so walkable too... Honestly, the similarities between Toronto and Glasgow are amazing (except the cleanliness and convenience etc etc!!!). We enjoyed having a coffee at Starbucks on Queen St just opposite the Bay - even if it was a bit breezy at that point! I just stuck on my yellow Roots top and relaxed away while enjoying folks advertising Buskerfest.

Ah, to be back right now....

By the way, I saw ads for a new Cirque du Soleil on the Subway... know anything about it?

John :bounce:
PS sending off my application for first step towards Canadian licensure this week!!! Can't wait!

LOL My cousins say the same thing about Glasgow/Toronto!:)

I did remember reading something about Cirque coming to Toronto in the near furture....maybe some others here can help you with more infomation. We saw the performance in Orlando on our last trip and WOW what a show it is! I hope to be able to get to the Toronto perormance too.:)

John what is Canadian Licensure? Is that so you may drive in Canada? I'm not familiar with that?

Oh boy you're up pretty late now arent' you? LOL You'll be jet lagged for a while! LOL:wave: :sunny:

~Cindy~

Cindy - Licensure is for the Canadian medical exams... hoping to be able to be a family practitioner in Canada, perhaps BC. Unfortunately I go on a nightshift tonight! I need a pick-me-up since coming home as I have no other holidays planned as yet. ....:-( Hoping to get back to Canada soon. Maybe will try a tour from Coast to Coast (if I could afford it!!). Am getting my application for the medical exams signed officially on Thursday so putting the ball in motion... can't wait.

Funny your relatives say the same thing about Glasgow. When are you going to get over here??!

John :bounce:

Congratulations and good luck on becoming a Dr.....especially here in Canada! John I know for a fact that Ontario (where I live) has a severe shortage of medical Dr's. People can't find a GP anywhere that's taking new patients.

Yes a cross country tour would be fantastic......I've always wanted to see the mountains in BC.;) And the east coast is wonderful too.

Hmmmmm..... a trip to Scotland would be sooo nice but when your money takes you to either Scotland or Florida and all that it has to offer my DH and I kind of "side" with Florida!:p I haven't been over to the UK in many many years but one day..... yes I will make that trip! ;)

~Cindy~

Just wanted to say hi and also to say that I'm glad you enjoyed Canada so much.

As previously stated we are in great need for doctors in Ontario right now. I live in Chatham which is in southwestern Ontario and they say we have the greatest shortage of doctors in the country at this time as we have recently had a couple of them retire and two more move to the United States. So glad to hear that as a doctor you would like to move to Canada!

WE are so glad that you love Toronto so much, it makes us so proud to live here. BTW we can't stay out of the ROOTS stores either, I swear sometimes I keep them in business! LOL

I swear I should own shares in Roots. The amount I spent in that store is unbelievable. Let's just say the black leather jacket was the tip of the iceberg! Then of course, we just had to go to Yorkdale's version and get both the Olympic jogging pants and tops for the Canadian and US teams. I actually got the Canadian red zipper top in Epcot in January and I love the pants that go with them with CANADA down the left leg! Also got caps to go too!

Thanks for all your encouragement - I need it especially at the moment as I'm having a hard time in my job staying focused on the good things. I tend to feel fed up a lot as I'm getting towards the end of my pre-registration year - in the UK we have a pre-reg year where we are qualified but are not able to discharge patients from the hospital - management issues are overseen by a "Senior House Officer"... I am due to become an S.H.O. in August (the next level up from pre-reg) and obviously as I'm a dogs-body at the moment it starts to get wearing very quickly being at everyone's beck and call. Unfortunately, Ontario is one province which does not accept any international medical graduates no matter the standard of their degree. I'm not sure why - maybe things will change if there is such a shortage?! Still I have heard good things about Vancouver so would very much welcome moving there!

Is it easy to get into hockey clubs/ baseball etc as an outsider who hasn't played these sports before? I would love to try these if I managed to move.

Anyone out there from the West of Scotland originally or moved and could relay their experiences? I'd be interested to hear!

John :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter