Reusable Straws

diznymom

DIS Veteran
I just bought 2 packages of reusable straw w/ brushes from my local Walmart - 1 metal, 1 silicone. I'm not sure which one I will like best, but I am prepared. Now I just need to sew a pouch to carry them in.

We were in LA in June for a granddaughter's HS graduation. Son took us to a restaurant in Malibu that serves pasta straws. We got them in our drinks and they worked great...no pasta taste, held up very well and, of course, after dinner you could bring them home, wash them up a bit and have a pasta dinner. They are for sale on the internet.

Now that I think of it, they didnt even give us straws last week on the Fantasy. A straw is not a deal breaker for me so I didnt even notice................just drank out of the glass.

A boy in our town had a metal straw accident! I love the resusable silicone straws. But honestly I just don't like the way metal feels in my mouth or I would probably use those, as well.

We were in LA in June for a granddaughter's HS graduation. Son took us to a restaurant in Malibu that serves pasta straws. We got them in our drinks and they worked great...no pasta taste, held up very well and, of course, after dinner you could bring them home, wash them up a bit and have a pasta dinner. They are for sale on the internet.

Unfortunately, for those with Celiac disease and other food allergies and/or sensitivities, these can be a large medical concern.

What are they doing at the drink station? No more lids?

They only have the paper cups at the drink fountains, with no lids nor straws of any kind. However, the coffee stations still have the foamish cups with the sipping lids.

I don't mind the sipping cup lids at the drinks stations during the day. However, I really like a straw for my water in the MDR at night. Thus the reason for purchasing the reusable straws.

They don't have any straws available? I thought they'd have paper straws like Animal Kingdom has. I can't imagine running around with our own straws but I also can't imagine my toddler having an open glass with no straw at meals.

We have stainless steel straws for my 6 year old who has oral motor issues and can't drink from a cup. Yet. He's working on it! It has a silicone tip to make it easy to drink out of. They work great and wash well in the dishwasher. I bought them before the straw ban was in place because I hate the paper straws at Sea World. I really like them. And the silicone tips are different colors so the kids can keep up with their straw if they choose. We've all just gotten used to not using straws at all, so it hasn't been an issue when we are out, aside from my youngest.

I too was recently looking for metal straws and ended up getting these from rockholder store. They were perfect because they didn't have any taste or smell to them, which is great if you're trying not to add anything else into your drink!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter