Reusing my magic band question

jenbren

Wild about Disney
I have magic bands from our last trip 2.5 years ago. This time we are staying offsite and I have tickets I've already loaded on MDE which still has my active MBs. Do I need to worry about their age? I'm going to carry my tickets also just in case but do I need to do anything else? Other advice? Thanks!!

No don't worry, touchpoints will work. It's only the long range stuff like ride photos that likely won't work due to the battery.

Your Magicbands will work. The only thing that potentially won't work in the future is the long range RFID component which is what allows things such as ride photos from 7DMT to load in your MDE account and your name to appear at the end IASW.

Your band should be fine for all functions. It just is getting up there in age for long range functions (automatically adding photos to your mde without tapping for them). Long range function is estimated to last about 3 years.

All bands will always work with short range, tapping for FP/entering the park/etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!