Review : Jaleo... Mother's Day Lunch... 5/12 -

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
This year DH and I decided to have lunch out for Mother's day, we are having a family get together on Saturday.. so we are going to celebrate Mother's day then...

I had been trying to score a reservation since it opened... and finally had some luck..

The interior is just beautiful and vibrant... and has a sorta chic vibe about it without being stuffy ...
Lots to enjoy, and there are table at the windows that look on to the lake, as well as some outside dinning, we did not go up stairs... there is an elevator for those who might need it...

We approached the hostess stand and were greeted right away... we only waited like a minute or two before being seated...

Once at the table DH and I noticed right away, that the tables are not piled up on each other, there is plenty of room between you and your neighboring table... so it really adds to the atmosphere.... You get a bit of privacy between table... This is a great spot for a date, or spending a leisurely meal with friends... of just a evening out for drinks and some really delicious tapas...

Looking at the menu we were a bit over whelmed with so many choices... We were greeted by our server.. who was on point... and just really wonderful through out our lunch... Very well trained staff, and very knowledgeable... and made all the perfect suggestion for us... Most everything is Tapas style... which is good there are so many options that we want to try...

Water is provided at every table, and they kept filling the glasses through out our meal...

We decided on a half carafe of White Sangria... "Sangria de lujo cava" .... this was very light and refreshing..perfect for a nice lunch... while light its not light on the adult beverage... ( some where in the 20.00 dollar range)

DH had spotted the "Jamon iberico de bellota cortado a mano" as we were walking in... so I knew that we were going to order this for sure... this was our starter... It is a beautifully cured ham from Spain, and served hand carved table side... it is the whole leg that arrives at the table presented on the hoof...and is sliced super thin. (36.00).... We so enjoyed every bite... very well done... while this for us is a treat, and we would order again...

"Quesos" selection of 3 (19.00) as well they have a selection of 5 (28.00) and all are served with "picos" - so a beautiful selection of cheese's with accompaniments.
We went the 3 selection option... 1) Rey Silo Rojo - is a spicy raw cows milk cheese, and paired with almonds and bitter orange jam... this choice was a suggestion from our server...and he was right is was really tasty it was DH's favorite... 2) Cana de Cabra - semi sweet goat's milk cheese paired with rosemary cracker and fig jam... This way my favorite selection... 3) Queso Manchego - raw Manchego cheese paired with moscatel compressed apples... Our server suggested tasting a small bite cheese, by itself first them with the accompaniments...so that we get full taste of the cheese... very very good... We would order all again... or maybe order the whole selection of 5

"Frituras" - we decided on two from this category 1) Bunuelos de bacalao - serving size 6 fritters (13.00) which is a fried cod and potato fritters served with a honey alioli... - these are little pillows of heaven... they are fried, and look almost like like hush-puppies They are super light and soft, and very flavorful and still have a crunch to them... the alioli is just wonderful... perfect combination... 2) Christorra envuelta en patata frita - serving size 6 (10.00) - Slightly spicy chorizo wrapped in a crispy potato with a membrillo alioli... this are wonderful as well... the chorizo has just a touch of heat, the other spices in it take it to a really nice level of flavor, and it is wrapped in a slice of potato and fried... I normally don't eat chorizo as its normally just to hot... this was perfect and how chorizo should be made... again the alioli is a wonderful dipping sauce... We would order both again and again...

Bikini de jamon con queso Machego - (18.00) 3 pieces - this is a small sandwich made of Spanish hams and machego cheese, and a Spanish bread pressed... It reminded me of a pressed cuban sandwich.. It does not have the same taste but along those lines... It was very good... the bread a sweet element to it which was good with the rich ham and cheese... We probably will order again... but with so many other options to try, it might not make it...

"Paella" - Arroz de pollo y setas slivestres - (27.00) Chicken and mushroom paella... this is a large portion for just one person and if your were not getting anything else it would be a meal... if you are trying a few things... you will either want to share or plan for a to go bag... The chicken was really plentiful as well as the mushrooms, the chicken was so tender you could just barely push on it with a fork and it would cut easliy... the mushroom were very flavorful, and the rice was cooked to perfection... really true paella... made perfectly... this is something that will order again... we are looking forward to trying all the different paella in the near future...

This was a wonderful Mother's day lunch... and we will return again...

Last edited:
Great review. I can’t wait to visit. So happy to hear the tables aren’t packed together - that’s my pet peeve!

Great review. I can’t wait to visit. So happy to hear the tables aren’t packed together - that’s my pet peeve!

OP here
I can't agree more, It was nice that the servers, and other guest could walk by without brushing the table... with more room I feel it just an added level of comfort... and creates a much more relaxing meal...

Thank you for the review. I have been debating making a reservation here. I am trying to wrap my head around this carved ham. Do you get anything else with it? Or are you just eating a slice of ham for $36??

I am also a little horrified about the idea of the hoof being there, lol. Stupid I know, but that may just make me not want to get it. 🐗

Thank you for the review. I have been debating making a reservation here. I am trying to wrap my head around this carved ham. Do you get anything else with it? Or are you just eating a slice of ham for $36??

The ham is sorta like prosciutto, more along the lines of a cured meat... sliced very very thin, and not in long strips, more bite size... it comes with these little sorta bread tiny bites.. they reminded me of like a small pretzel bite, very very crunchy.... it doesn't taste like a pretzel... has a full on bread taste, sorta sweet and salty... this is the best way I can describe it... We enjoyed them... actually I wished we would have asked for a few more....

You are making me want all the fried food on the menu and it's only 8 o'clock in the morning?!:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter