Review of Coronado Springs Resort

KellyHonos

DisneyDivaxo
I stayed the Coronado Springs this past week during my visit to WDW. I originally booked my stay at the Art of Animation, but when the DIS released their review of CS, I instantly switched over. The financial difference was under $150, so I made the switch. This is a very beautiful resort. I'm very glad we were able to stay here.

We stayed in the ranchos, 6a, and we had a newly refurbished room. The slick design was really beautiful and modern. The beds were elevated so you could store your luggage underneath. The floors were wood, so no nasty stinky carpet. The upgraded technology was really nice. PLENTY of places to charge devices, and even some USB ports right directly in the walls. There was a mini fridge, a keurig, and the bed frames featured little lights on the side that allowed you to read in bed or illuminated a path at night so you could use the restroom without disturbing whoever you're with. The bathroom was lovely. The shower had 2 glass sliding doors and one shower head mounted to the wall and a detachable shower head. The shower also included pumps of H20 shampoo, conditioner and body wash. The vanity area had 2 personal sinks, a closet (which was slightly too big for the area, but nothing majorly inconvenient) and a sliding door to give you some privacy. Only grip I had with the rooms is that milipedes were always found in the room. I counted 8 total in the room during our stay. It didn't bother me too much because they were non-obtrusive, just making note.

I reviewed the Pepper Market over on the Disney Restaurant forum, but to summarize, it was pretty decent. The Pepper Market had a nice variety of options and featured tex-mex items. There was some construction going on, but nothing that hindered our dining experience.

The pool was lovely. Of course there was the iconic pyramid and a water slide. The pool area was very spacious and accommodated everyone. The temperature was always perfect--never too cold never too hot. There were plenty of chairs to relax on. The food area served really yummy nachos!

There are 4 bus stations here. We were close enough to walk to station 3, so that saved us a lot of walking.

Construction wise, there was obviously a very large presence of construction, seeing as they're building a whole new tower on property. But it was never an issue. I know some people find construction to be annoying, or sometimes people can complain of construction taking them out of the disney immersion, but I didn't really let it affect me. I think I focused more on the fact that I could see Expedition Everest from our resort :)

There was a convention going on during our stay, but that didn't disrupt anything.

Anyways, I hope some of my thoughts can convince some of you to give CS a try. I think it's a beautiful resort, and once that construction is done, I think it will be even more beautiful.

THank you so much for this! We usually stay deluxe and are taking achance on CSR thanks to the DIS review as well. We couldnt care less about construction but want a cumfy room with a great pool- we are SO excited to try this and am so glad u had a great time! Did you by chance try the Rix for food? Also I was trying to ask on the main forum, but did you happen to notice of Maya grill had a bar or was it just a sit down?? THanks again!!

THank you so much for this! We usually stay deluxe and are taking achance on CSR thanks to the DIS review as well. We couldnt care less about construction but want a cumfy room with a great pool- we are SO excited to try this and am so glad u had a great time! Did you by chance try the Rix for food? Also I was trying to ask on the main forum, but did you happen to notice of Maya grill had a bar or was it just a sit down?? THanks again!!
I tried Rix Cafe, where they had gelato, sweets and some drinks. I didn't try the actual bar. It looked like they had a yummy menu! I didn't get a good look at Maya, it was set further back, but it looked like a sit down restaurant.

Thanks so much! We just booked a September package at Coronado and it is good to hear that the construction didn't affect your stay. I was a little hesitant but am glad we decided on Coronado. I stayed there one other time years ago and loved the décor, the lake, etc.

Thanks so much! We just booked a September package at Coronado and it is good to hear that the construction didn't affect your stay. I was a little hesitant but am glad we decided on Coronado. I stayed there one other time years ago and loved the décor, the lake, etc.
YAY! and by the time you make it there, I'm sure they will have made a lot of progress.

Actually the main pool will be closed during our stay but that is OK, we can use one of the quiet pools. I will be sure to request a renovated room

Very good report:) We were just there last month (convention) for our 11th stay and enjoyed the new rooms. We liked the style and look of the new rooms, but thought it could have a bit more color. I wish they would have put lights behind the 3 amigos frame between the beds, that would have looked great. We were not a fan of the new closet as we much rather have the long bar to hang our 2 closet organizers (much more storage that way). And I will take a "wait and see" in regards to the opening under the bed (I remember before they went to bases, that you did not want to put anything under the beds:scared1:). Parents with toddlers are going to find the shower only option as a big pain. So much easier to give them a bath, luckly our youngest can take a shower even though she did not like it:) Love having so many USB charging ports and the bed side tables is a great setup. For someone like me that sometimes needs to work at the desk:sad1:, having it almost right under the TV is annoying. We really liked Mira (a bit expensive if you are doing OOP) and Cafe Rix (for their quick breakfast sandwiches). We found the Pepper Market to be okay, had a good meal and an okay meal. DD's always love the pool slide and the Dig site area. We had no problem with the construction, and actually enjoyed seeing what they were doing.

We were there in Jan for a last minute 2 night add on to our DVC stay. I loved the rooms too. And Maya Grill is wonderful. Busing was fine and the pools looked nice but it was too cold and they were actually closed.

The negatives were:
Hard bed/pillows and got really hot at night so didn't sleep well. And my DH needed to work from the room but the wifi didn't work (anyone else have this issue?). We called in to get help but they couldn't help and just said too many folks trying to use it. But it's a convention hotel so that was odd. This was marathon weekend after NYE. Also, we weren't fond of pepper market. Had a breakfast and a lunch and it was blech, IMO.

We ate at Rix Sports Grill in May and really enjoyed it. DS had fish & chips and I had Mahi Reuben and Rose Sangria. Service was excellent, food was plentiful and good, sangria was yummy and refreshing. Quite a few people were at the bar watching some sports event. Maya doesn't have a bar.

We are staying at csr in 2 weeks. It is just dd19 and myself this trip. We usually just grab QS wherever is convenient. So out of the restaurants listed, what would require adr and what is walk up? I know pepper market is QS and maya grill is TS. What about the others mentioned?
We don’t mind TS if we can show up at an off time and get in. I might book and Adr for before our DAH night if there is one at CsR that is worth the time.

Awesome! We check-in in 30 days......not that I'm counting down or anything

I hope you have a blast!!!

wifi didn't work (anyone else have this issue?)

We didn't have an issue with the wifi, but to our dismay, we came in one day to find the fridge wasn't working! We had a couple gentleman who were working on the refurb rooms come in and check something out behind the dresser, and I think when they moved it they might have accidentally unplugged the mini fridge. Our safety box didn't work either, so we had someone come change out the door.

We are staying at csr in 2 weeks. It is just dd19 and myself this trip. We usually just grab QS wherever is convenient. So out of the restaurants listed, what would require adr and what is walk up? I know pepper market is QS and maya grill is TS. What about the others mentioned?
We don’t mind TS if we can show up at an off time and get in. I might book and Adr for before our DAH night if there is one at CsR that is worth the time.

Rix is just a small bar area, they may take reservations?? I'm not sure. I never saw it packed, though. Pepper Market like you said is QS, and Maya is TS. When we were near Maya, it didn't look busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter