Review of Oga's Cantina

stop reading here if you don't like criticism of anything Disney....but wow What a complete disappointment!. Made a reservation for my husband and I just to try when it opened (its a bar mind you). ... No just another money grab..moving herds thru an unpleasant rude experience that we are supposed to just be grateful we are in. very poorly done.

I say this often... Oga's is not a bar. It is an attraction that is set in a bar in which part of the experience is that you may purchase from a very good selection of decent beers and just-okay cocktails and a limited selection of middling to kinda-gross snacks. It offers access to some great souvenir drink glasses and sometimes even a place to sit (but don't count on it).

If you didn't know that going in, the shock of the situation likely ruined any chance of salvaging a fun experience from the Cantina. The CM interactions can be top notch if you reach out and grab one (figuratively) they are eager and very able to role play their characters. I also found socializing with fellow guests easier here than anywhere else in WDW. Fellow guests here really seem to settle into that vibe like they're extras on the Mandalorian.

As a bar, it was objectively horrible; I rated my time there 10/10 will do again.

Totally agree with everything you posted. We were very aware of what was in store when I made the reservations but thought it would be an interesting way to spend less than an hour. Well, it's an hour of my life I'll never get back:). We did end up with a bar slot...right on top of the service bar so we saw a lot of drinks made and picked up. That was kinda interesting. The two bartenders were friendly. I stuck with a beer and hubby got one of the drinks with the foam that does something to your lips/tongue. OK...to each his own. We walked around to the other side to see the "dj".......just OK. One and done. No hard feelings.

Thought it was a cute place but not necessarily something I'd have to do again. Requested seating at check in due to my husband's broken foot and they were able to give us a booth. The Fuzzy Peach drink was good but my only complaint was that there was way too much ice in all the drinks. The kid's drinks were 90% ice.

stop reading here if you don't like criticism of anything Disney....but wow What a complete disappointment!. Made a reservation for my husband and I just to try when it opened (its a bar mind you). good thing because there were no walkups allowed. They told us it was a 45 min "experience". There is absolutely no need to spend 45 mins in there unless your server disappears. (which they did) They ushered us into a dank corner, smushed in with three other families. with just a ledge, no seating..big red exit sign above our head .. told us if we left they would give our ledge to someone else. I left my dark corner for a bit to see if there was anything to even look at.. a band playing on the other side?? no just an animatronic droid..who didn't seem to do anything.. food was nasty. onions and strips of meat...with a few pork rinds... I finished my drink and said that's enough.. my husband went to the bar to get a to go cup for his beer. The bartender asked me where did you hail from or something like that.. I thought ok maybe they will play up a character.. No he just told me.. I can't stand there long I needed to go back to my ledge in the corner... told him thanks and left. What the heck Disney?!?!?! This could of been something... like the adventurers club...have actors come in periodically..play up some scene.. have an animatronic band in the corner playing. No just another money grab..moving herds thru an unpleasant rude experience that we are supposed to just be grateful we are in. very poorly done.
My husband and I felt the same way! We were crammed into a spot at the counter where there was really only space for one person. Luckily I am a petite person. The counter was not cleaned after the last person that left and the bartender never did it when she took our order or brought the drinks. The theming is great but I already saw pictures online . Once and done!

We had a good time. It was four adults and we stood at the bar. The ambiance/the music/the loud crush was a fun experience. The drinks were fun and interesting and pricey. I paid for the experience. The bartenders were wonderful entertainers—great voices and fun dance moves. We left after about 20 minutes.

I wouldn’t want to be in there with a small child. I’d be a nervous wreck wondering if someone was going to topple into my child or my child would topple into somebody.

Our experience was similar to yours except that we had a small space standing at the bar. That was fine, but our server was absolutely rude. Barely made eye contact. I felt like I was bothering him by placing an order. I'm glad I got to see it, but have no desire to go back.

I think the CMs have been called back. I think Oga's will be much more enjoyable when they can't cram so many people in.

Went twice last week and loved it. Went previously in Dec 2019 before the shut down and wasn't a fan because of how crowded it was. But this time everything was socially distanced. Got the non-alcoholic provision that is basically jello which I LOVED!!! Ate four of them. We were seated at the bar and our bartender was the same one both times. Very different vibe this time since it wasn't crowded but we preferred it much better.

Thanks for the updated review @OKWFan88. We have a reservation for our upcoming trip and I can't wait to go! Glad to know that it is enjoyable when it is not jam packed with people.

After reading all the comments, I have less than no desire to go here. Inedible snacks, overpriced margarita mix and people grateful that the CMs weren't overtly rude. (all paraphrasing so calm down)

Some people still like it though and that's what makes Disney stay in business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!