Review of Windsor Palms

bigbabyblues

DIS Veteran
We stayed at Windsor Palms resort for 9 nights earlier this month. I wasn't able to find much about it before we went, so I thought I'd share our thoughts.

We were originally booked at Windsor Hills, but we had to reschedule our trip to do an emergency with my father in law. We called the owner we had rented from, and the condo at WH was booked but her condo at Windsor Palms was available for our new dates.

We had no trouble finding the resort, amd it isn't far at all from WH. We checked in at the guard house, and it only took a few minutes.

Our condo was 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom and we found it to be very nice, exactly as expected from the website pictures. We were on the first floor, which worked well because there were no elevators.

Travel time to Animal Kingdom was about 7 minutes from the time we left our parking lot, using Sherberth Road. We used Sherberth Road to get to all of the other parks as well, because it was less traffic than 192. It took about 15 minutes to get to HS and Epcot, and 23 minutes to get to the Magic Kingdom parking lot. We went to the parks early in the morning, returned to the condo most afternoons and went back to the parks in the evening. It was no more of a hassle than staying onsite and using buses except for Magic Kingdom, but the monorail was fast in the middle of the day.

The pool at Windsor Palms was a basic pool. There were no slides at the pool. There was a hot tub and a pool bar with snacks available, and there were restrooms as well. The pool area was clean and we had no trouble finding chairs in the middle of the day.

We liked having the full kitchen and laundry. We kept a laundry basket on the dryer for dirty clothes, and when it was full, one of us dumped it in the washer, threw in a tide pod and turned it on. We put them in the dryer when we returned from the park, or on our way out the door, whenever was convenient. I didn't feel as if I was doing laundry all the time.

We didn't have any problems finding a parking spot close to our building, even at night. Our bedroom faced the parking lot, and other than an occasional car door, we didn't hear any noise from the parking lot or from any of our neighbors. It was very quiet.

This was our first trip ever staying offsite, and we will stay offsite again. I would not hesitate to return to Windsor Palms.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. We have rented at Windsor Palms many times in various condos, town homes, and pool homes. It's a great resort and prices tend to be a little lower than in Windsor Hills. We just booked a 3BR condo a couple of days ago for our stay in November. It's actually the same condo we stayed in back in January.

We actually have never stayed at Windsor Hills but I haven't really seen any reason to leave Windsor Palms. I agree with everything you said about it.

About twelve years ago there was a thread about Windsor Palms and it being next to a wastewater plant. Can I assume from your review that that didn't affect your enjoyment of Windsor Palms?

About twelve years ago there was a thread about Windsor Palms and it being next to a wastewater plant. Can I assume from your review that that didn't affect your enjoyment of Windsor Palms?
I'm not the OP but we've stayed at Windsor Palms many times and were never aware of any issues if there is a treatment plant nearby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!