Reviews/input Splitsville or Naples for dinner

julesann

DIS Veteran
I am looking to eat a light dinner at one of these two restaurants; we (3 adults) want to eat outside, enjoy an adult beverage and the atmosphere of DTD. Which one do you prefer?

Thank you for the input. Do you, or can you, get a reservation for sitting at the bar?
I called this week to get a reservation for our trip and they offered me upstairs or downstairs patio dining. Not sure if patio dining is at the bar? The gentleman taking our reservation said there were different menu options.

I called this week to get a reservation for our trip and they offered me upstairs or downstairs patio dining. Not sure if patio dining is at the bar? The gentleman taking our reservation said there were different menu options.

The patio is not the same as the bar but the bar is outside on the patio.

Thank you both! Last time I walked into Jazz Kitchen it seemed so stuffy inside that we left--is it possible to get outside seating there?

We only eat outside. You may have to wait 5 minutes more to eat outside but its worth it. We don't like the inside there either. Its too loud. We love to get the bananas foster. They serve it for two and you have to order it when you first get there but its worth it. All of the food there is fantastic. We always eat outside on the ground floor. The menu outside the last time we were there was the same menu they have inside. Sunday brunch there is fantastic as well. I always get their chicken fried chicken and grits with a southern peach sweet tea with extra vodka. We have reservations there later this month. We love it !

We only eat outside. You may have to wait 5 minutes more to eat outside but its worth it. We don't like the inside there either. Its too loud. We love to get the bananas foster. They serve it for two and you have to order it when you first get there but its worth it. All of the food there is fantastic. We always eat outside on the ground floor. The menu outside the last time we were there was the same menu they have inside. Sunday brunch there is fantastic as well. I always get their chicken fried chicken and grits with a southern peach sweet tea with extra vodka. We have reservations there later this month. We love it !

Oh that all sounds great. Thank you for the details. I think we need to try it and sit outside!

I would go to Naples. The best outside dining is the couple of tables they have outside at Napa Rose.

Will you be interested in people watching during dinner? (Your dates are during Dapper Days, right?) If the answer is yes, then I would go for Naples or Jazz Kitchen, and ask for a table near the front railing so that you'll be able to enjoy watching all the fun outfits strolling by. You won't be able to see as much from the patio at Splitsville because the patio there is set farther back.

Will you be interested in people watching during dinner? (Your dates are during Dapper Days, right?) If the answer is yes, then I would go for Naples or Jazz Kitchen, and ask for a table near the front railing so that you'll be able to enjoy watching all the fun outfits strolling by. You won't be able to see as much from the patio at Splitsville because the patio there is set farther back.

Ah yes, it is to people watch and enjoy the atmosphere of DTD. We will be there from Halloween through Dapper Day. I haven't been to DLR since last November so I am not familiar with Splitsville. Thank you for the input--that is really helpful!

Ah yes, it is to people watch and enjoy the atmosphere of DTD. We will be there from Halloween through Dapper Day. I haven't been to DLR since last November so I am not familiar with Splitsville. Thank you for the input--that is really helpful!
In that case, UVA Bar is another great place for dinner/drinks and people watching. Again, request a table near the railing where you can see people walking by (some of the tables face Catal -- not always as many people walking by that way -- it depends, so base your request on the situation the day you dine). La Brea Bakery can have great viewing at tables by the rail on MHP nights -- you can see guests walking to the turnstiles and exiting the trams -- good costume viewing.

In that case, UVA Bar is another great place for dinner/drinks and people watching. Again, request a table near the railing where you can see people walking by (some of the tables face Catal -- not always as many people walking by that way -- it depends, so base your request on the situation the day you dine). La Brea Bakery can have great viewing at tables by the rail on MHP nights -- you can see guests walking to the turnstiles and exiting the trams -- good costume viewing.

Thank you for the suggestion--the Uva Bar is a great place. We plan to go there for lunch one of our days. I want to try somewhere new for dinner before we see F! on Friday night and I think that the Naples new outdoor dining area sounds perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter