• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reviews on the dining plan at Aquatica??

jojo0612

Mouseketeer
:)I've read many reviews about the all day dining at Sea World, but not too much about Aquatica. Is it worth it?

The all day dining at Aquatica gives you unlimited food for a very reasonable $17.99 per adult (less for kids). Its a good value.

That said, its not our first pick when dining at that park. We much prefer the a la carte options at the Waterstone Grill (burgers, chicken tenders, etc.). The food is fresher and better quality, and we like the ambiance better (plus, you can take it to wherever you wish to eat it in the park.....for example, to your cabana if you have one or to your beach chair...you are not restricted to dining at the restaurant).

The all day dining at Aquatica is offered at the Banana Beach Cook-out. Its one location only. All food must be consumed within the restaurant boundaries. There are staff monitoring guests coming in and out.

The Banana Beach Cook-out offers two separate options...a one-visit option or an all-day option. If you purchase the one-visit option initially then decide you want to go back for a second round of food, they will upgrade you for the difference in price as long as you have your receipt from your initial visit that day.

Food is okay....nothing to knock your socks off, but nothing awful either. Pizza, pulled pork, hot dogs, barbecued chicken legs, garlic rolls, watermelon, and chocolate cake (un-iced) are some of the things that come to mind that were on the buffet on our initial visit (when we had the free all day dining via our Seaworld vacation package). All drinks are Coke products and are self-serve.

If there's anything I haven't mentioned that you are wondering about, feel free to ask.

Thank you. It's our first visit to Sea World & Aquatica this time around and any information is very helpful! Thanks again!

Here is a pic of the Banana Beach Cook-Out building....

You can't see the dining area because its closed off for in/out control.

This is the Waterstone Grill:

And the open seating area:

Definitely a different vibe between the two!

With the all day pass, can you go in and just get a soda to drink? Are you allowed to leave the area with the cup, or are you required to finish it in the area before leaving? My daughter and I will have the dining deal through a package, so I'm curious how this works. She drinks lots of soda on water park days, and I'm not sure she'll want to have to sit inside the restaurant and finish it (she usually takes a sip, leaves it with me and rides a few slides, then comes back for a few more sips, etc).

With the all day pass, can you go in and just get a soda to drink? Are you allowed to leave the area with the cup

I am pretty sure you can (but not 100% positive).

I know they also have large refillable cups that are also good at SW and BG (as well as Universal & IOA if memory serves me correctly) that might interest you. They are much larger than the small buffet cups and much more sturdy. They make a nice souvenir, too. And you can bring them back year after year, and get the 99 cent (or whatever the current cost is now) refills .... its not like Disney where your refillable cup is only good for one visit. These are valid for the life of the cup.

I am pretty sure you can (but not 100% positive).

I know they also have large refillable cups that are also good at SW and BG (as well as Universal & IOA if memory serves me correctly) that might interest you. They are much larger than the small buffet cups and much more sturdy. They make a nice souvenir, too. And you can bring them back year after year, and get the 99 cent (or whatever the current cost is now) refills .... its not like Disney where your refillable cup is only good for one visit. These are valid for the life of the cup.

I plan to get one of these when we go to Universal, it would be GREAT if they can be used at Sea World and Aquatica too! It would also be really nice if they could be refilled for free with the Aquatica dining deal, but I suppose that would be expecting too much!

I plan to get one of these when we go to Universal, it would be GREAT if they can be used at Sea World and Aquatica too! It would also be really nice if they could be refilled for free with the Aquatica dining deal, but I suppose that would be expecting too much!

Post your question on the Universal thread just to be sure, but I'm pretty certain that you can use the refillable cups in both the SW & Universal parks. Nice, huh? :goodvibes

With all day pass at Aquatica you are given a wristband at the register. You can enter and get a drink and leave. You can only leave the restaurant with drinks, not food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter