Reviews, thoughts, general perspective 9/19-9/23

Remy is Up

Registered
5th trip of the year with 2 trips left.

Resort: All Star Sports- For the discount AP price, it was a decent stay. Room was clean. Property is in good shape. Pool was clean and not too crowded most of the time. Check in was seamless. Overall no complaints staying at one of the "budget" resorts. I prefer AS over Pop but AoA is the typical one we stay at when we stay budget. Id stay at *** again. Staying at ASM in December.

MK After Hours: One of the best spent value for the money events I have been to. I will plan short trips around MKAH events when possible. Its well worth it. Space mountain 5 times, BTMRR 5 times, splash, Jungle cruise on a boat with 4 people so the CM went off the typical spiel and gave us some fun facts and made some more "adult" oriented jokes. HM twice, even rode, Dumbo, Carousel, Aladdin, Barnstormer, Teacups, etc. We did every ride we wanted to do with little to no wait. It was so quiet after the kiss goodnight, we had pics done sitting on the ground on Main Street with the castle in the background and almost noone around.

ToyStory AP morning event: Extremely well done, well run, and had time to do all we wanted. Slinky is a lot of fun. Better than 7DMT but not as intense as BTMRR. Great kids coaster beginner. Alien saucers were eh, more fo a kids thing but not even sure its a great attraction for kids. Woodys Lunchbox the food was good and the service was excellent. Overall, very cool land. Attantion to detail is great, as expected. Lots of fun and will make it a point to ride Slinky dog once on every trip.

MNSSHP: After 8 years of going, I have given up. We left before the first parade. In the past the cropwds were not this bad. This was like Christmas Day at MK. Wall to wall people, hour long waits for characters, long lines for Trick or treating. I dont go to the halloween party to ride rides, but, even those were crazy. I dont think the overselling of the event has helped and I wont be doing MNSSHP for a few years now. Not impressed at all.

Food And Wine: This year was much better than the past. Checked in 4 days to get the AP cutting board. Nice touch this year. The AP merchandise is great. Have to go back for a weekend in late October to get the Remy Stuff. As far as the booths. Portions were good, food was well done for the most part, and the atmosphere was nice. Favorite booths ( Cant go wrong regardless of what you get): Flavors of the fire, Coastal Eats, Ireland, Hawaii. The filet at Canada was much better this year. Portion was good and well put together. Mexico was good but its hit or miss. two of the foods were good, 2 were eh. The margaritas are excellent. Tried a ton of stuff, nothing stood out as awful, but, the booths I led off with in mentioning were excellent and must dos.

Food: We ate ate F&W a good deal of the time but some meals not at F&W...Homecomin is a staple and never fails us. The off menu chicken salad sandwich was wonderful and the squeeze bottles you can get refills on are great. Blaze..also a go to for good pizza was spot on... Il Mulino Without a doubt the best Italian on property and one of the best restaurants from service to quality we have been to. Its one of the few we havent tried yet and we easily put it in our top 5. Pecos Bill was god awful. We just wanted a quick bite and found the food to be well below average. Wont go back there again. Will stick with Columbia Harbor House....Polite Pig will become a go to for us. The food was excellent and the drinks were strong and tasty. Overall, this was mainly a F&W, Halloween trip, so we didnt do a lot of sit downs like we normally do, but, overall, the food this trip was much better than the huge let downs in May.

Crowds- Were not bad at all. Busy, but, not overdone other than the Halloween party.

Weather- Geez was it ever hot.

Overall..Nice trip. MKAH, AP Studios event, and using EMH allowed us a ton of flexibility. Used refresh a ton and kept getting great FPs. Got FOP, Everest, Dinosaur, Navi all at AK in one day. Was able to get Test Track, Soarin easily at Epcot. Didnt need any for Studios or MK. Very enjoyable trip. Got a ton fo pics and the magic shots were so much fun. Looking forward to Candlelight and MVMCP in December. Also added a day to get another MKAH in.

Last edited:

MNSSHP: After 8 years of going, I have given up. We left before the first parade. In the past the cropwds were not this bad. This was like Christmas Day at MK. Wall to wall people, hour long waits for characters, long lines for Trick or treating. I dont go to the halloween party to ride rides, but, even those were crazy. I dont think the overselling of the event has helped and I wont be doing MNSSHP for a few years now. Not impressed at all.

I had the exact same experience. I did stay till about 11pm, but that was only because I didn't want the money spent to be a total waste.

I almost walked out when I got the pudding cup thing at Peco's Bills and it wasn't even a full pudding cup. I literally finished it after two bites.

About 2/3rd's of my purpose there is the attractions, and there was line for the People Mover!!!

Otherwise, sounds like a great time!

I feel about MVMCP the same way as you do MNSSHP (I've only been to that once and it was a nightmare due to the person I was with--I've blocked most of the memory...).

The last Christmas party I went to I waited 45 min for food at Cosmic Rays and 30 min for a Coke at launching pad. The liens everywhere were UNREAL. And it was not a weekend nor close to Christmas.

Love your report-- thank you!--and I look forward to more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!