Revolut Card

Louise Potts

Mouseketeer
Evening all

Hope you are all well? Now we are making good progress with the vaccinations I am allowing myself to feel excited about travelling again! We did have WDW trips booked for May and July 2021 but have altered these to October 2021 and August 2022 instead.

Our October trip is our first DVC trip, we bought in 2019 but have never got to use our points yet due to Covid, it is just Hubby and I for one week and we are only going to 1 park, Magic Kingdom on our wedding anniversary day, the rest of the time we are going to eat, drink, chill, walk, look around resorts and just enjoy being in the sun.

My question tonight is does anyone have a Revolut card? I already have one but have not used it, i am thinking of starting to load some money on to it on a monthly basis as a spending money savings scheme, any experience of using this card would be appreciated

thanks all, enjoy the weekend

Lou x

Yes, we used a Revolut card during our last visit in January 2020 and plan on using it for future trips. It is currently loaded with a couple of 100 dollars.

I would advise to load with GBP and convert (do the conversion in the Revolut app to save costs) it to USD regularly since you can convert an X amount (think it's 1000 GBP, but you should check it) a month without transaction costs. And the exchange rate right now is very good! Best we have seen in the last years.

Last advice: do not convert your funds in the weekend since the exchange rate in Revolut is worse in the weekend than on working days!

I find Revolut very easy to use. The security settings are very good. Sometimes in the US you may need to go into settings and activate the swipe/magnetic strip function. I also like the vault option. I leave money on the vault and just transfer it as I need it. I find Monzo useful too.

We are going to WDW in late Sept 2021, we are using Revolut for our spending money. we've been topping up in GBP and exchanging to USD in the app.

Yes, we used a Revolut card during our last visit in January 2020 and plan on using it for future trips. It is currently loaded with a couple of 100 dollars.

I would advise to load with GBP and convert (do the conversion in the Revolut app to save costs) it to USD regularly since you can convert an X amount (think it's 1000 GBP, but you should check it) a month without transaction costs. And the exchange rate right now is very good! Best we have seen in the last years.

Last advice: do not convert your funds in the weekend since the exchange rate in Revolut is worse in the weekend than on working days!

Thanks so much for the reply - that was one thing i wasn't sure of, could you covert when exchange rates were good or did it convert at the point of purchase, thanks so much for clearing that up, i will certainly take advantage of the decent rate currently available but will be sure to wait until the weekend is over! I really appreciate your help - cheers

Is this like a normal bank account or like a pre paid card please.
I am going next year and I want to put money away.
Last time I did it it was on a Thomas Cook card ( I also booked my holiday with them as they were well established and a safe bet right? )
Thank you x

Is this like a normal bank account or like a pre paid card please.
I am going next year and I want to put money away.
Last time I did it it was on a Thomas Cook card ( I also booked my holiday with them as they were well established and a safe bet right? )
Thank you x
It is like a normal bank account, except that you can hold multiple currencies and exchange instantly online either in advance or when a purchase/payment is made.

we have also got the revolut card, had it a few years now, before this card we had the fairfx card. it wasn't as good as the revolut
as soon as you purchase anything using the revolut you get a notification telling you how much you spent etc

I use it all the time. Since 2018 I've not looked back. Just a word of warning, sometimes if your connected to a WiFi spot it sometimes throws off the location security. - for eg if I'm in Waitrose and on its WiFi it thinks I'm in Bracknell (the head quarters) and refuses the transaction. It rare and very easy to turn off. Remember if you upgrade you get lots of protection perks. I've not looked back.

I have also downloaded hush app to buy a virtual USA mobile number for my trip in November. Another little tip for the virtual ques.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter