Rezzies done and need advice

Appreciate your Storybook experience. I feel pretty strongly that I’m going to cancel. Especially since it’s arrival day and extra hours at MK late.

I think myDS17 will live stk71 so I’m really hoping we have a good experience!! Since we’re staying at blt it will be easy to return if so. Chocolate cake is on my list!
It’s (chocolate cake) on the to go menu as well (was only for resort guests in the past; might have changed)

Edit: on check in day I would book something at MK 5-6 pm (wait at BOG is usually 30-40 mins at 6 pm) or eat at QS. Now that ressies can be cancelled 2 hours before, you can probably find something in the park (unless it’s one of the crazy busy day/weekend like 4th July). If you can get STK71 at 5 pm that would be great.

QS can be slow during holidays. Pecos bill has had slow service and taken a long time recently vs Columbia Harbor.

Last edited:
I did Space Lunch and gotta say that it was fantastic! Service was top notch and the food was great! I had absolutely no room for dessert so no clue on how any of those are but the Burrata and the Tuna were perfect, way better than I was expecting from reviews! I vote that you keep one and try it because, for me, it is not a one and done and I'd love to go again!

Also, don’t miss Boma (dinner). It’s our must do on AK day and it’s so relaxing at AKL-Jambo. We take a mid day break and book Boma at 5 pm and then head to the park 6:30-9 pm. Maybe move STK71 to Mk day. I wouldn’t recommend on Epcot AH day (food booths are a better option).

Also, I would go for the dessert after party. It’s much more relaxing and has a better view vs treats seats. They’ve removed most of the savory items but did bring back make your own cupcakes. I wouldn’t recommend a dessert party unless you’re going during an extremely crowded holiday (eg 4th July) or with young kids

https://www.disboards.com/threads/can-we-talk-dessert-party.3855046/page-15

Also, don’t miss Boma (dinner). It’s our must do on AK day and it’s so relaxing at AKL-Jambo. We take a mid day break and book Boma at 5 pm and then head to the park 6:30-9 pm. Maybe move STK71 to Mk day. I wouldn’t recommend on Epcot AH day (food booths are a better option).

Also, I would go for the dessert after party. It’s much more relaxing and has a better view vs treats seats. They’ve removed most of the savory items but did bring back make your own cupcakes. I wouldn’t recommend a dessert party unless you’re going during an extremely crowded holiday (eg 4th July) or with young kids

https://www.disboards.com/threads/can-we-talk-dessert-party.3855046/page-15
Yes currently planning dessert party 7/3 so for 4th fireworks. I kept the after party and cancelled seats and treats based on everyone’s recommendations
Thanks for the restaurant updates!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can order off the full menu at stk71 lounge?

I looked to switch my dinner reservation around but there’s nothing at a good time

Last edited:

I looked to switch my dinner reservation around but there’s nothing at a good time
I would setup a stakeout alert (1 is free and you get a text notification) and mouse dining for STK71. People can cancel up to 2 hrs now. I’m pretty sure there are some walk ups available (onsite guests have priority and some tables set aside) and if you check 30 mins before they open you can probably get seated with a wait.

Per CM (@MATTERHORN) the lounge does not serve the full menu but walk ups have been successful even in Dec:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/steakhouse-71-walk-up.3903564/

Also, you can join the walk up waitlist on your app but need to be close to the restaurant

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/mobi...-walt-disney-worlds-my-disney-experience-app/

If you go to the app and search for the restaurant it will show you your estimated wait time to be seated (10 mins right now). You can click ‘join walk up waitlist’ there

FYI: Be our guest has a 10 min wait and CRT and Topolinos are no longer taking walk ups.

Last edited:

Sorry, was in Disneyland so I haven't been reading or posting!! So pretty much the only time we "guarantee" a walk-in is at 5pm right when we open! Later on, as Disturbia said, you can try to join the waitlist on the app!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter