Rhino running loose at AK Safari

DisneyDude71

Mouseketeer
Someone just posted a video on FB about a Rhino escaping it's area on the Safari and is running down the road. 9:40 am. 12/13. Would be wild to see!

yeah saw a post at WDWMagic.com where they have evacuated the safari ride until he is put back where he belongs.

If it was the white one, he gets out all the time. Fake charges the vehicles too. Did it to us last trip and was hilarious. CM told us to watch him as he likes to fake charge and five seconds later here he came. Almost had a smile on his face lumbering away.

If it was the white one, he gets out all the time. Fake charges the vehicles too. Did it to us last trip and was hilarious. CM told us to watch him as he likes to fake charge and five seconds later here he came. Almost had a smile on his face lumbering away.
Well there is more than one white rhino. They just got a new male a few months ago. The other male was sent off to another zoo for breeding.

I've been on the safari and the rhino has run right beside the truck and been close to the road on several rides through. I think that's normal as no one has ever said otherwise while I've been on the ride.

https://imgur.com/a/JdPKJL3
JdPKJL3
photo.php
JdPKJL3.jpg

JdPKJL3.jpg

hope the image shows

I don't think even the hungriest lion would mess around with a 3,000 lb Rhino! They have the luxury of not having to worry about too much in the wild - except idiot poachers with guns of course.
And then the poachers now have to worry about being sentenced to watching Bambi in prison.

Am I the only one seeing double? To me it looks like two on the road, but it is still early and without coffee at the moment.

We rode on the 14th and didn't see any rhinos on the safari, maybe because of this? We saw quite a few when we rode earlier in the week.

We rode on the 14th and didn't see any rhinos on the safari, maybe because of this? We saw quite a few when we rode earlier in the week.

We did the safari on the 16th and the white rhinos were definitely present.

I've been "stuck" on the safari in the past where one of the white rhinos decided to take a their time crossing the road. I think they had to call one of the trucks in so a CM could prod it a bit to get it to move.

We had a black rhino come right up to us when we did safari last week. The driver said not to do anything to startle it. I could almost touch it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter