Ric Ocaske (Cars) died.

The Cars music video for Touch and Go was filmed at Whalom Park in Lunenburg MA which is not far from where I live. Use to go the park all the time as a kid. The park is no longer around it closed in either 2001 or 2002 and was torn down in 2009 to make way for condos and townhouses.

I'll stick with the original version.

Or if it needs enhancement, I'll take this cover and fan created video.

Unfortunately, there isn't a good version of the original on youtube. I'd either have to post the live one or this one.
NOOOOOOO!!!! Not Letters to Cleo..... Nails on a chalk board. They ought to be turned in to the Hague for a crime against humanity for that one.

I'm glad you like it as much as I do. :duck:
Well you were about to get first place. You were flirting with greatness and even immortality. I even sent the trophy out to get your name carved on it under mine.

But then..... you snatched defeat from the jaws of victory with letters to Cleo. But you still get an award.

Ok here you go Angie. Finally found an original version that wasn't tinny as heck.

I was surprised when you posted last night that you couldn't find a good version. I found two or three that sounded fine to me. Then again, I have a tin ear.

I admit I like the Letters to Cleo version only because of the images in that fan-created video. The "straight" cover version is meh.

The Cars was one of those bands the I truly loved, and honestly I still have a great playlist that I listen to often. I actually wore out my cassette tape of Candy-O, though it's still inn one of my memory boxes as well as Panorama, and well as several LPs too. I have everyone of the Cars albums as well as his solo albums. Beyond the music was the fact that he was never one of the "pretty" boys of the 80s, he made being a geek cool.

The death of Benjamin Orr was a huge loss to me too, if you have the chance listen to the song 'Silver' that Ric release on his Nexterday album as a musical tribute to Orr, as was typical of Ric it's a very haunting sound.

Though I still enjoy the 80s music I've moved into some of the old style Exotica, so I was very much surprised and happy to find that Elliot Easton had too and came out with a new album and band called, Elliot Easton's Tiki Gods.

Great memories of growing up.

The Cars music video for Touch and Go was filmed at Whalom Park in Lunenburg MA which is not far from where I live. Use to go the park all the time as a kid. The park is no longer around it closed in either 2001 or 2002 and was torn down in 2009 to make way for condos and townhouses.
I used to go there growing up, and later, DH's workplace had their company picnic there every year. I miss it!

We used to have so many great amusement parks around here; now most of them are gone.

As a broke teenager, I had enough money for a bus and subway to watch The Cars play in Central Park. We sat on the rocks (for free) because I had to see my favorite band. Ric Ocasek's death and Ben Orr's early passing make me sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter