Rice Krispy Squares?

MinnieMe2

DIS Veteran
I'm sure this must have come up before, but a search got no results. We were just talking about Rice Krispy squares in the office today, and I mentioned that I think the ones at WDW are the best!!! My family agrees, although we all admit it could just be our frame of mind because we're usually eating these things at the Most-Magical-Place-on-Earth :D ! Anyway, I'm wondering how I could get this recipe, and I know someone here can at least point me in the right direction....

TIA!

I don't know if there is really anything different about the Rice Krispie Squares that you buy at WDW -- but I am going to have to devote time and stomach space to studying this when I am in WDW.

Here is Kellogg's recipe from their website:

Kellogg's® Rice Krispies Treats® Original

3 tablespoons margarine or butter
1 package (10 oz. about 40) regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
6 cups KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal

1. Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.

2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.

3. Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cut into 2-inch squares when cool. Best if served the same day.

MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:
In a microwave safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.Microwave cooking times may vary.

NOTE:
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme can be substituted for marshmallows.Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.Store no more than two days in airtight container.

When comparing the rice/marshmallow mixture from the California Grill's Crisp Rice Cereal Sushi recipe to the office Kellog's recipe, the big difference is the amount of butter.

¼ c butter
10 oz miniature marshmallows
6 c Rice Crispies

I'd say that would make them taste better!!!
;)

It's like the old commercial -- butter makes it better! LOL

According to my Mom's "original-from-the-back-of-the-box-recipe" it IS the butter! The original had the 1/4 cup of butter but apparently it went down to 3 tbsp. to make them "healthier". Give me a break! I want my rice krispie treats loaded with fat!

You know, I asked this same question last year. I agree, the ones at WDW are the best.

Anyway, some kind soul told me to try adding a bit of corn syrup to the mix to keep them from getting so crispy...and you know what, it worked! I add about 3-4 tablespoons. They still can't sit around for more than a couple of days...but when they're this good, they don't anyway!

Good luck! :)

Robin

I saw this thread the other day and it got me in the mood for them!! I made them tonight and they came out awesome! I used the 1/4 cup of butter recipe...yummy! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter