Ride shares and Amazon are game-changers ;)

Imamom2

Mouseketeer
We have been to Disney many times and until 2017 we always rented a car. Because we stay at Epcot resorts many times that car sat in the parking lot unless we were going to AK, an ADR at a resort, or Universal. We would stop at Publix on the way in and then maybe use the car 3 times in a week. In 2017 we used ME, Disney transportation, and then a Minnie Van twice. Last week we used Disney transportation (loved the Skyliner), ordered some things from Amazon, and used Lyft 6 times. Our Amazon order of water, breakfast items, fruit, and snacks was at BC when we arrived. Our Lyft total - with cash tips - was $98.00. That's door to door, not looking for parking, not paying for parking... amazing! I cannot imagine a scenario where we ever rent a car at Disney again. Minnie Vans are great if you have a larger group but with just the two of us Lyft is much cheaper and still door to door in Disney. Love the convenience :)

We have been to Disney many times and until 2017 we always rented a car. Because we stay at Epcot resorts many times that car sat in the parking lot unless we were going to AK, an ADR at a resort, or Universal. We would stop at Publix on the way in and then maybe use the car 3 times in a week. In 2017 we used ME, Disney transportation, and then a Minnie Van twice. Last week we used Disney transportation (loved the Skyliner), ordered some things from Amazon, and used Lyft 6 times. Our Amazon order of water, breakfast items, fruit, and snacks was at BC when we arrived. Our Lyft total - with cash tips - was $98.00. That's door to door, not looking for parking, not paying for parking... amazing! I cannot imagine a scenario where we ever rent a car at Disney again. Minnie Vans are great if you have a larger group but with just the two of us Lyft is much cheaper and still door to door in Disney. Love the convenience :)

ordering food from Amazon? I didn’t know that was an option.

will the BCV hold the food till checkin?

Dd and I did a quick trip to WDW last year and we used ride sharing exclusively. I agree, game changer.

Minnie Vans are great if you have a larger group but with just the two of us Lyft is much cheaper and still door to door in Disney. Love the convenience :)

Lyft is not door to door; Minnie Van is door to door. Lyft is only allowed to drop off at the resort entrances. This is very convenient when staying at, in your case, Epcot resorts, but not CSR or FW, which requires an internal shuttle or long walk. It’s also not convenient at MK.

But I do agree, it’s a wonderful option to have

Last edited:

Lyft is not door to door; Minnie Van is door to door. Lyft is only allowed to drop off at the resort entrances. This is very convenient when staying at, in your case, Epcot resorts, but not CSR or FW, which requires an internal shuttle or long walk. It’s also not convenient at MK.

But I do agree, it’s a wonderful option to have

We did it from AK to HS and Lyft did pick us up and drop us off right at the entrance. My husband took it to the Magnolia golf course and we used it for GF and Springs, too. I have only used Minnie Vans to go to MK once but yes, they are the only ride share that can go to the bus drop off at MK. Where does the boat to WL drop off? Is it closer to Trails End / dining options at WL?

Last edited:
ordering food from Amazon? I didn’t know that was an option.

will the BCV hold the food till checkin?

BCV had our packages at Bell Services when we arrived. As a prime member we ordered from Whole Foods - Chobani yogurts, fruit, 365 case of water, milk, snacks - and delivery is free with a $35 minimum. I requested a delivery time of 2-4pm and we arrived about 3:30 with a message on our phone that the order had arrived. You can place your order 24 hours before you arrive and they will text you when it's complete. Very easy and $1.00 for yogurt I love instead of $3.19 is great. The fruit was all fresh, too.

I was wondering how smoothly Amazon goes. We always used Garden Grocer but wanted to try amazon this year, but weren't sure if they'd drop off to bell services.

I was wondering how smoothly Amazon goes. We always used Garden Grocer but wanted to try amazon this year, but weren't sure if they'd drop off to bell services.
Amazon was great - very easy to use. Fruit was fresh and cold items packed in insulated bag. The case of water was $3.99 and yogurt $1.00. The fruit and milk were regular store prices too.

I like Amazon prime now, they are awesome... i really like that you can get stuff in an hour... we needed something in a hurry so i did not mind the 5.99 charge. We normally use instacart for the groceries just because i have more to choose from.

I %100 agree. I am using rideshare more and more on property and it is relatively inexpensive and opens a lot of doors. I think more people who don't use it are starting to feel more comfortable, and it may help some families in easing the complications of planning.

We stayed at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace this past week and used the bus only once. We used Uber the rest of the time, and it was a big time-saver. I thought about getting grocery delivery, but didn't research much before our trip. We stayed at Universal for the first part of the trip, and we realized how much time and money we can save by having some snacks and breakfast items, and I wanted some fresh fruit. So I ordered Amazon Fresh before we checked out of our Loews hotel on our way to Disney. It was super easy - you get a choice of a two hour delivery window, or one-hour delivery window if you're short on time (for a slightly higher fee). I ordered breakfast scones, fruit, soda and milk cartons, snacks, and lunchable type things for light lunches. We ended up only doing one sit-down meal per day, and ate light meals on-the-go the rest of the time. I highly recommend both Uber and grocery delivery. One more tip - at our Hilton hotel, they gladly gave us bottled water at the front desk each day when we asked for it. I really wish they had more water refill stations in the parks. The only ones I saw were in Galaxy's Edge. The stations seem more sanitary than water fountains and have better tasting water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!