Ride specific CM clothing going away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
I happened to see an article by WDW News about HS and generic CM clothing.

Is this going to start to expand?

I think this was more of getting rid of the studios theming and something more standard. Certainly don't expect this in a place like Pandora, Toy Story Land, or SWGE.

I saw the article too. The costumes are pretty ugly, IMO. Testing guest reaction maybe? Certainly would be cheaper for Disney to have standard outfits, so another budget decision. As for expanding to even themed attractions? It wouldn’t surprise me for that to happen down the rode. Will the uniform of the attendant who assigns seating in SDD really matter to most guests? Five years ago no one thought they would charge resort guests for parking either. But now they do.......

I don't think they will do this across the board. It works in the Studios because so many of the areas are so similar. There is only the one Muppets attraction, one Indy, etc. They are the "studio-esque" attractions as well. I would not expect they will do this at MK, etc. They certainly won't be doing it in Galaxy's Edge.

DHS is such a mish-mash of things except for SWGE and TSL, I could see them doing that. It is not a STUDIO park anymore. Honestly I dont remember any of those attractions having themed costumes anyway.

Plus it seems like it is for attractions that may not last long (relatively) at DHS anyway. So they probably just didnt want to invest in newer/fresher themed outfits if those attractions may change in the next few years.

I could see disney doing it for cost cutting across the board too .. which would be unfortunate., but if it is just for DHS and just for these attractions -- that is fine. If they started ditching themed costumes in AK or MK.. that would be a sad sad day.

Got a link to the story? I haven't heard of any such thing. Living very close to the parks I regularly see CM's coming and going to work in their themed clothes.

I saw a story somewhere too, specifically about HS Muppets CM costumes I think, but can’t remember where I saw it. My first thought was that I hope it doesn’t bode poorly for the Muppets attraction in specific! Hopefully it’s just a single choice for new costumes and not a trend... :( (Edited to add: saw it on the site Blog Mickey, not sure how to add a link here, I’m sorry!)

Got a link to the story? I haven't heard of any such thing. Living very close to the parks I regularly see CM's coming and going to work in their themed clothes.
I saw the article yesterday as well. It was on WDW News Today website. There was a whole article on it with pics of the new uniforms.

Disappointing but not surprising.

Bit like the boring plain standardized bed linen at resorts.

Disney just seems to want to get away with the least amount of theming possible these days.
I’m sure you mean Cost cutting details, cut back n more money for stockholders to go round even if the parks are not pulling in numbers...

I'd be curious if this relates to operations as well. None of the attractions listed would require unique training, all of them primarily being loading/unloading into theatres and queues. Might be a way to help move people around between those attractions as needed without the CM needing to do a costume change.

I saw the article yesterday as well. It was on WDW News Today website. There was a whole article on it with pics of the new uniforms.
Ahh, the website that can not be referenced here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!