Rider Swap for fam of 3, is G+ make sense?

Nick6300

DIS Veteran
We're rookie parents planning a 7 night Sept. trip with 1 baby. I've read the official WDW RS info:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/rider-switch/
plus these 2 threads:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/rider-swap.3889057/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/rider-swap-questions.3890148/

We've only been buying G+ on about 3-4 days when MK or HS is in the plan, due to 7-8 day trips with both RD and late rides.
My impression is that we might not want G+ since both parents would need to purchase it (you couldn't buy 1 to save $, and RS). If we both had G+, we could already alternate LL and negate the benefit of RS. Except if you wanted to go on a ride a 2nd time SB and get a RS for other parent. The non RS attractions at MK (that we ride) include Pooh, Small World, Pan, HM, Pirates, Jungle, Buzz, Mermaid. So buying G+ for 2 (possibly $15 in Sept) may save you some time on some of these not completed early/late. HS, maybe we'd be tempted to get G+ with so few rides with high SB. Which park(s) makes sense to buy G+?

Do most like to bring own stroller (largish jogger) and car seat or is it worth it to rent because of theft or having to haul on plane/bus? We haven't booked flights but leaning towards American with limited local options.

I'd still buy G+. Then the non riding parent won't have to wait around forever while the riding parent is riding.

As for the stroller, depending on the age of the baby, I'd go without the car seat and just recline the stroller to lay flat if they can't sit upright yet. Plus those things get hot.

I'd still buy G+. Then the non riding parent won't have to wait around forever while the riding parent is riding.

As for the stroller, depending on the age of the baby, I'd go without the car seat and just recline the stroller to lay flat if they can't sit upright yet. Plus those things get hot.
years ago we found carseat was too hot to keep granddaughter in, ended up just reclining to lay her flat worked a lot better.

Thank you. The baby is 1 mo. now so she'll be about 5 mo. in Sept., which will obviously be hot/rainy. I didn't think about car seat getting hot. We're not sure yet on uber (where we would need a car seat) vs. Mears for airport transport.

Thank you. The baby is 1 mo. now so she'll be about 5 mo. in Sept., which will obviously be hot/rainy. I didn't think about car seat getting hot. We're not sure yet on uber (where we would need a car seat) vs. Mears for airport transport.
ours was 4 months old on our August trip. getting too hot was not something we thought about before we got there

ours was 4 months old on our August trip. getting too hot was not something we thought about before we got there
Did you have to take hotel breaks during the hottest parts of the day just for baby, where you wouldn't have had to otherwise? Or at least plan more indoor things in afternoon (shows, dining). I don't know that I regret the Sept decision yet. But we always go this time of year for our anniversary/typical vacation time off, and I think I booked it without considering baby factors. I did ask if we were sure we don't want to skip this year (would be end of an annual streak since 87). Starting to get anxious on certain things like having a loud baby on the plane, and today - the sun/rain at the parks. I know I'll have to pare down certain expectations a bunch.

Did you have to take hotel breaks during the hottest parts of the day just for baby, where you wouldn't have had to otherwise? Or at least plan more indoor things in afternoon (shows, dining). I don't know that I regret the Sept decision yet. But we always go this time of year for our anniversary/typical vacation time off, and I think I booked it without considering baby factors. I did ask if we were sure we don't want to skip this year (would be end of an annual streak since 87). Starting to get anxious on certain things like having a loud baby on the plane, and today - the sun/rain at the parks. I know I'll have to pare down certain expectations a bunch.
did not go back to resort for breaks that was more because of older child not making back without falling asleep and then not resting. we did indoor/ air conditioning things during hottest part of day. indoor meals a lot of time. we were part of a huge group of 14. we drove so no plane involved. Ps not Disney trips but I found a toddler on a plane worse than young infant

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter