rider swap/ last minute ride ditches

Well, what else would you do with him? If he doesn't want to ride, and you do, you have to leave him someplace, don't you? If he's tall enough to be in the queue, what they do is have one person wait with him, and one ride, then they switch so the other adult rides and the first one waits with the kid. It's actually faster that way.
Then why bother giving out the paper rider swap? And also, what do I do with my other kids who don't want to ride? Just seems to complicate things IMO. Especially if they are giving out the paper rider swaps.

Then why bother giving out the paper rider swap? And also, what do I do with my other kids who don't want to ride? Just seems to complicate things IMO. Especially if they are giving out the paper rider swaps.

The paper rider swap is for families with children who are too short to ride and can’t even enter the ride line.

If only the adults want to ride, then what do you think Disney should do about it? Or if only one kid and adults want to ride, but all the kids are tall enough for the queue, or one is old enough to watch the others, what's the problem? Sounds like yo have more that don't want to ride than do. Have them wait together, get FP for the ones who want to ride.

The paper rider swap is for families with children who are too short to ride and can’t even enter the ride line.

Exactly - otherwise, the FP queue is going to be full with nonFP swappers who are trying to cheat the system.

If only the adults want to ride, then what do you think Disney should do about it? Or if only one kid and adults want to ride, but all the kids are tall enough for the queue, or one is old enough to watch the others, what's the problem? Sounds like yo have more that don't want to ride than do. Have them wait together, get FP for the ones who want to ride.

Exactly - otherwise, the FP queue is going to be full with nonFP swappers who are trying to cheat the system.

If only adults want to ride, then they should be able to get a rider swap. Anyway, just sharing our experience. We have four kids so it's often that only two want to ride or only one but both parents. And since our oldest is 12, it doesn't really work to leave the littles with the 12 year old.

If only adults want to ride, then they should be able to get a rider swap. Anyway, just sharing our experience. We have four kids so it's often that only two want to ride or only one but both parents. And since our oldest is 12, it doesn't really work to leave the littles with the 12 year old.

No, they shouldn’t. There are far too many people who would abuse it.

Families with children who are tall enough can utilize the internal swap as noted elsewhere in this thread.

There’s also no reason that some kids can’t hang out with a 12 year old for a bit while Mom or Dad is on the ride, so long as the 12 year old is neurotypical. I started babysitting my younger siblings at that age, as did many of my friends.

No, they shouldn’t. There are far too many people who would abuse it.

Families with children who are tall enough can utilize the internal swap as noted elsewhere in this thread.

There’s also no reason that some kids can’t hang out with a 12 year old for a bit while Mom or Dad is on the ride, so long as the 12 year old is neurotypical. I started babysitting my younger siblings at that age, as did many of my friends.

Look, I am like the least helicopter mom ever. But leaving a 12 year old boy to watch a 4 and/or 6 year old at Disney is just not happening. I'd leave them in our house for a half an hour but not in a theme park. We left him once at Disney with our sleeping in the stroller 4 year old, but I wouldn't awake. There's too much stimulus for all of them and the likelihood of one of them just walking away is too high.

Look, I am like the least helicopter mom ever. But leaving a 12 year old boy to watch a 4 and/or 6 year old at Disney is just not happening. I'd leave them in our house for a half an hour but not in a theme park. We left him once at Disney with our sleeping in the stroller 4 year old, but I wouldn't awake. There's too much stimulus for all of them and the likelihood of one of them just walking away is too high.

Ok, that’s fine. Reading back through the thread though, I’m not sure what your concern is. Is your husband not going to be with you and you can’t figure out what to do with the kids while you’re riding? If your husband is with you, the kids don’t have to be alone, ever.

Ok, that’s fine. Reading back through the thread though, I’m not sure what your concern is. Is your husband not going to be with you and you can’t figure out what to do with the kids while you’re riding? If your husband is with you, the kids don’t have to be alone, ever.
I was just sharing our experience so I don't have a concern :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter