Rider swap with FP

DisneyMom2000000

DIS Veteran
Does rider swap still work with FP? I know that it may not with SDMT and SDD, but what about with Space Mountain, RnRC, ToT, etc...?

In the past we've never had FP for everyone because we weren't sure if we would have time for everyone to do the whole swap thing or not and sometimes it worked out and sometimes it didn't.

From what I’ve read, rides like SDMT and FOP require both groups to have it and all the others are CM discretion. It’s super confusing / frustrating as there seems to be no firm answer.
Requiring group 2 to have it makes no sense IMO. The smaller child gets the shaft in that scenario.

From what I’ve read, rides like SDMT and FOP require both groups to have it and all the others are CM discretion. It’s super confusing / frustrating as there seems to be no firm answer.
Requiring group 2 to have it makes no sense IMO. The smaller child gets the shaft in that scenario.
Thank you for the info. That’s what I thought.
requiring group 2 eliminates the need for rider swap all together, really.

I will be heading down in 2 weeks and have my FPs set up for several rides such that half the group will ride with FP and the other half rides with RS. Hopefully this works out with no problems. If we do run into problems, then some people will just have to miss that ride. No big deal.

I was there in February and had no problem with this plan on 6 of the 7 rides that we tried it on. Only had an issue on Alien Swirling Saucers, but after explaining to the CM the way I understood Rider Swap to work, she let us go.

I will report back after my trip to hopefully help others out with their planning.

We’ve not long been home from three weeks in the parks and found SDMT the only ride requiring FP for group 2 riders.
Hope this helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!