Rides and bridal headband

debbie fields

Earning My Ears
My fiance and I will be honeymooning in WDW - Wilderness Lodge - in 6 weeks (yay!) and we will be wearing the wedding ears. I personally would prefer to get the bridal headband over the beanie style hat. My question is this - will it stay on my head well enough on things like BTMR and SM without any additional hairpins? If not, I may go with the beanie as I know I can pin that one on. Thanks in advance all!:D :D :D

Hey, CA disney lover! Congratulations! We are being married on August 8 up here in MA and leaving the next day for WDW! It will be my fiance's first trip to Disney, so I'm extra-excited!
Yes only 6 weeks to go woo hoo!

So where in WDW are you being married? We considered getting married there but a lot of family wouldn't be able to attend so we decided to marry at home. Of course, there's always the possibility of a vow renewal down the road :D

Sending you pixie dust and best wishes for your big day!

Thanks, and plenty of pixie dust back at you too!

We're getting married at Sunset Pointe and staying at the GF. (I'm on the disneymooners boards a lot and had only been lurking here until I saw your post!) My FH has taken me to DL several times, but this will be my first WDW experience too. We're just doing an intimate wedding and decided to just do it there and make a big family vacation out of it as most of our family is not in California anyway.

We'll be staying through the 10th, and I'm totally psyched as I just got off the phone with Disney Delivers and my headband ears are on their way!

Ooh, Sunset Pointe is beautiful! Hopefully you'll post some photos when you get back. And you will love the GF! My folks and I stayed there on our last trip and it was incredible. You will feel spoiled for sure! I tend to be a lurker sometimes on the boards myself here! Glad I posted today as it's been nice chatting with you and sharing the 'wedding joy!'

You must be getting so excited! You'll have to let me know if you love the headband. My shower is this Sunday and I think some of the 'ears' were ordered for me and my fiance, but I'm not 100% sure. They all know I'm a Disney nut! My wedding is Cinderella themed and all.

Congrats to you both:-)

About the bridal headband... The way I managed was to take it off before most rides, wrap the veil around the ears (does that make sense?) and sit on it. Then I just stuck it back on as soon as I got off the ride. I was worried at first about it getting dirty, but decided it was better than it flying off!! It didn't get dirty, and it didn't get crushed so it worked out well:-)

A word of warning... DH's head was too big for the groom's top hat, since I had my ears on all the time he constantly got harrassed - "where are your ears?" etc. By the end of our 10 days there he was getting pretty sick of it;-)

It's a lot of fun to wear them, I was a little sad when we returned and no more bridal headband for me:-( My mom thinks I should wear it when we go back in Jan, but I would feel too guilty:P

Hey fellow honeymooners!

Great question!

I'm getting married on Aug. 9 and we're going to Disney (my first time too) the 15th-22nd. We're staying at POR.

I hope we all have magical trips!!!

Sarah

Thanks for the advice, diswedwish! We had our shower yesterday and did get the bride & groom ears! My honey was pleasantly surprised at the top hat and is more than willing to wear it in WDW! They are so cute on! Now we only have to wait 40 more days to wear them - not that we're counting ;)

congrats to all of the brides!! my DH and i were married at a little wedding chapel there in orlando and spent a week at WDW for our honeymoon. :)

my DH actually made our wedding ears. for our wedding day, he made my headband...and then for the rest of the week, we wore bride and groom baseball caps (bought at david's bridal) and he attached ears to the hats along with a veil to mine. i would take my ears off during some of the wilder rides. he did purchase one of the top hat ears that disney sells, but it was very hot on his head and he only wore it when i wore my headband...otherwise, we both wore the ballcaps...

I am getting married Aug 2nd and will be honeymooning in WDW Aug 4-11!

I wore the headband when we were there for our honeymoon in early June. I just held it on with one hand on Space Mountain and Test Track. It was much cooler than the beanie and that was a plus since it was quite warm outside. My husband was sweating like crazy in his BLACK tophat grooms ears but he still wore them everyday- because he said he knew it "made me happy". What a great guy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter