Rides at MK with separate ADA line

Mango7100

DIS Veteran
We will be at the parks over New Years week with my mom who uses a ECV. What rides have a separate wheelchair/ECV line at MK? I know Small World does...
Thanks!

Navi River doesn’t have a separate line, but there are “shortcuts” through the ends of the (back and forth, standard chain/snake type queue) that make it much easier to get through. I’ve never seen them used, but now I wonder if all those style switchback areas have those. I assume the design is to allow shortening the queue during slow times but it certainly works for scooter/wheelchair access too. Good luck navigating; hope it goes smoothly for you.

The vast majority of attractions at WDW have “mainstreamed” queues - meaning a wheelchair/ECV enters through the regular standby or FP queue for at least part of the way. Some may have a pull-off at some point to avoid stairs or go to an alternative boarding area. I believe there are only 4 MK queues with an entirely separate entrance/queue for mobility devices: BTMRR, POTC, JC and Space Mtn. CMs may or may not be handing out “wheelchair return times” at these rides to keep lines from getting excessively long.

More information about attraction accessibility can be found in the disABILITY FAQs thread pinned near the top of the disABILITIES Forum.

Enjoy your vacation!

Navi River doesn’t have a separate line, but there are “shortcuts” through the ends of the (back and forth, standard chain/snake type queue) that make it much easier to get through. I’ve never seen them used, but now I wonder if all those style switchback areas have those. I assume the design is to allow shortening the queue during slow times but it certainly works for scooter/wheelchair access too. Good luck navigating; hope it goes smoothly for you.
Navi is a Mainstream line and guests using wheelchairs and ECVs follow the same path as everyone else.
Almost all lines have ways to shorten the queue. In our experience with a guest using a wheelchair for many years is that they are only used to shorten (or lengthen) the queues depending on crowd levels.
The only one where we have been brought in a shorter way is Mexico.

Navi is a Mainstream line and guests using wheelchairs and ECVs follow the same path as everyone else.
Almost all lines have ways to shorten the queue. In our experience with a guest using a wheelchair for many years is that they are only used to shorten (or lengthen) the queues depending on crowd levels.
The only one where we have been brought in a shorter way is Mexico.
We are very fortunate to not have any first-hand experiences in this area, for sure. We just saw them help an older lady (who was obviously not familiar with using an ECV) “cut through” the turns of the switchbacks. I wasn’t aware that wasn’t a standard process.

Star Tours doesn’t have separate line for wheelchairs per se, but it’s been my experience that they usually offer a wheelchair return time to the fastpass line.

It has been a while and something ( hopefully) may have changed, but the last time I was there, scooters were not allowed at all in the Pirates line. You have to transfer to a wheelchair to enter.

It has been a while and something ( hopefully) may have changed, but the last time I was there, scooters were not allowed at all in the Pirates line. You have to transfer to a wheelchair to enter.
This is correct and they like you to use there wheelchair because the load unload area is in a total different building

Even armed with this information, it's probably best to approach the greeter at each attraction, for specific instructions.

That's basically what I did for each attraction we were interested in riding. The cast members were super helpful with explaining how the line works with an ECV or directing us to an alternate entrance.

I am planning a trip in Feb and I'm new to WDW with ECVs. It will be me, my mom who recently had one knee replaced and still has one bad one, and my 9yo. My mom is able to walk unassisted, she just can't walk the whole park, do a lot of stairs, or stand for long periods of time. Is there a way for her to use the ECV to get between rides and then get out of the ECV to wait in line? Would she need a DAS to not have to stand for the whole time? Do people wait in line (whether standard or accessible lines) with their ECV and then leave their ECV before entering the ride vehicle? Would it help if we tried to get a DAS for my 9yo who is on the autism spectrum and has trouble waiting in long lines as well instead?

Is there a way for her to use the ECV to get between rides and then get out of the ECV to wait in line?
Yes. Ask the greeter where to park the ECV.
Would she need a DAS to not have to stand for the whole time?
No. DAS is not for stamina/mobility issues. She will either take the ECV (or a transfer wheelchair pushed by you) all the way to boarding, or she will leave the ECV outside and stand/walk in line the whole way.
Do people wait in line (whether standard or accessible lines) with their ECV and then leave their ECV before entering the ride vehicle?
Yes.
Would it help if we tried to get a DAS for my 9yo who is on the autism spectrum and has trouble waiting in long lines as well instead?
Your child with autism is entirely separate from your mother with knee issues. If your child cannot wait in long lines and might benefit from a DAS, you and your party to go Guest Services to request one. It does not shorten the wait. You wait elsewhere. There is still frequently a wait even once you return to the attraction.

I do understand how the DAS works. It's not the length of the wait that will be an issue, it's the length of time spent standing, for both of them. It sounds like the best option, if the wait time is longer, is to use the ECV in the line as long as possible. Are there ever any instances where the standard line wait is shorter in time than the accessible line?

Are there ever any instances where the standard line wait is shorter in time than the accessible line?
As mentioned upthread - there are very few attractions with a completely separate entrance for accessibility. I strongly suggest she take the ECV through the queue when possible, and consider using an attraction wheelchair when the ECV is not allowed. The queues can be delayed and she could need to stand longer than anticipated. She is always welcome to transfer to the ride vehicle, and the mobility device will be waiting at the end of the ride.

Enjoy your vacation!

I have disability back injury from car accident and can not stand or walk well so use ECVs at Disney. Honestly would not be able to do Disney without them.
Been there don that. Would strongly advise get DAS for you son.

With autism spectrum , I have gran kids on spectrum that can not be in lines. They issue DAS for only 1 member in the party so would suggest your son, Because the person with the DAS must be include in rides and you mom may not want to ride all the things he wants to ride. You must have the person applying for DAS as they take a photo so cast members can pull it up to be sure the right person is using it. You also need to have everyones tickets or magic bands with you at the link them all together in a party. They do not link some later. Also DAS is usually good for 2 weeks an donly have to get it at the first park you go to.

DAS is supposed to give a return time of 10 minutes less than the regular time . So if line 2 hoursat 12 PM you would get a return time of 1:50PM.
You go up to ride with one of your like d tickets and ask for return time for your party. You still get to choose your 3 fast passes.

You can get DAS at any park customer service Magic Kingdom does it at Town Hall.
Epcot has it just inside on left after bathrooms.
Hollywood Studios is kind of hidden just inside on lefts small place.
Animal Kingdom is also just inside on the left small area.

First ECVs are $70 at parks and your get $20 back when you leave and return the ECV. You can take that receipt and pay the $20 hold fee again at another park that same day to rent one there.

It is $150 at Disney Downtown but $100 is the hold fee gets returned when ECV is turned in. So if you go to park then go to down town will have to pay returnable fee of $100.

Plan ahead Magic kingdom runs out of ECVS by 11:30AM as they do not have area to store many as like Epcot.

ECV rentals include refundable deposit so make sure to have the funds. I usually pay the rental $50 cash or gift card the the refundable credit card, but of course you can pay any way you want.

Magic Kingdom queues
Rides ask can you transfer meaning get off ECV sit on ride. Like little mermaid, philharmagic, meet and greets, tales with belle, dumbo, splash mountain, laugh floor, carosule of progress, tiki room, country bears, steam boat ride, hall of presidents, you drive through.
Haunted mansion you drive in line all way through out to back and then come back in to get on before others . Haunted mansion and little mermaid are conveyer belt type and they will slow down or stop if you ask to make it easier to get in buggys.
Pirate Ride, Buzz light year, Peter pan, winnie pooh, Space Mountain , People mover, Barnstormer, you are required to park ECV and be pushed in wheelchair.
Small World is the only one with separate entrance for ECV.
not sure about race cars speedway as have not been back to it since redone.
Flying Carpets and TEA cups have short lines around each you have to stand in not ECV allowed

AT Magic Kingdom rent ECV far right after tickets and fingers are scanned.
Epcot rent ECV on far left after ticket finger scanned.
Hollywood studios ECV is far right after ticket finger scanned at a cute place looks like old fashioned service station.
Animal KIngdom ECV is far right after finger scanned.

Last edited:
I have disability back injury from car accident and can not stand or walk well so use ECVs at Disney. Honestly would not be able to do Disney without them.
Been there don that. Would strongly advise get DAS for you son.

With autism spectrum , I have gran kids on spectrum that can not be in lines. They issue DAS for only 1 member in the party so would suggest your son, Because the person with the DAS must be include in rides and you mom may not want to ride all the things he wants to ride. You must have the person applying for DAS as they take a photo so cast members can pull it up to be sure the right person is using it. You also need to have everyones tickets or magic bands with you at the link them all together in a party. They do not link some later. Also DAS is usually good for 2 weeks an donly have to get it at the first park you go to.

DAS is supposed to give a return time of 10 minutes less than the regular time . So if line 2 hoursat 12 PM you would get a return time of 1:50PM.
You go up to ride with one of your like d tickets and ask for return time for your party. You still get to choose your 3 fast passes.

You can get DAS at any park customer service Magic Kingdom does it at Town Hall.
Epcot has it just inside on left after bathrooms.
Hollywood Studios is kind of hidden just inside on lefts small place.
Animal Kingdom is also just inside on the left small area.

First ECVs are $70 at parks and your get $20 back when you leave and return the ECV. You can take that receipt and pay the $20 hold fee again at another park that same day to rent one there.

It is $150 at Disney Downtown but $100 is the hold fee gets returned when ECV is turned in. So if you go to park then go to down town will have to pay returnable fee of $100.

Plan ahead Magic kingdom runs out of ECVS by 11:30AM as they do not have area to store many as like Epcot.

ECV rentals include refundable deposit so make sure to have the funds. I usually pay the rental $50 cash or gift card the the refundable credit card, but of course you can pay any way you want.

Magic Kingdom queues
Rides ask can you transfer meaning get off ECV sit on ride. Like little mermaid, philharmagic, meet and greets, tales with belle, dumbo, splash mountain, laugh floor, carosule of progress, tiki room, country bears, steam boat ride, hall of presidents, you drive through.
Haunted mansion you drive in line all way through out to back and then come back in to get on before others . Haunted mansion and little mermaid are conveyer belt type and they will slow down or stop if you ask to make it easier to get in buggys.
Pirate Ride, Buzz light year, Peter pan, winnie pooh, Space Mountain , People mover, Barnstormer, you are required to park ECV and be pushed in wheelchair.
Small World is the only one with separate entrance for ECV.
not sure about race cars speedway as have not been back to it since redone.
Flying Carpets and TEA cups have short lines around each you have to stand in not ECV allowed

AT Magic Kingdom rent ECV far right after tickets and fingers are scanned.
Epcot rent ECV on far left after ticket finger scanned.
Hollywood studios ECV is far right after ticket finger scanned at a cute place looks like old fashioned service station.
Animal KIngdom ECV is far right after finger scanned.

For Magic Carpets, you can get a wheelchair from the Tiki room and use the wheelchair to go through the line if you can’t stand. Did this last month. CM at front of magic carpets line can give you instructions. Was there last month using an ECV and in a leg boot and this was the process. If you can’t transfer from a wheelchair to the ride vehicle, one carpet can accommodate a wheelchair (I could transfer so did not use this option). Not sure how it works at teacups - didn’t ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!