Rides at Universal Studios

Steven G, thank you. I have seen that link and from that, most rides are listed as 'dramatically accelerate' , 'rocks aggressively', (etc) and have many warning icons. :guilty:

Excellent. Thank you so much!

Just wanted to say- the stationary seats at Hollywood are way off to the side when you first enter the theater. So not nearly as good as the stationary seats in Orlando which are advertised and are across the front row. There are only 2 stationary seats in a little boxed off area and you have to wear a seat belt too.

Just wanted to say- the stationary seats at Hollywood are way off to the side when you first enter the theater. So not nearly as good as the stationary seats in Orlando which are advertised and are across the front row. There are only 2 stationary seats in a little boxed off area and you have to wear a seat belt too.

Thank you. I'll ask the people that work there to direct me. At least it's a safe way I can ride it for my eyes while my husband and kids sit in the actual seats. Am just happy they have them.

There is plenty of HP to see if you don't ride. As PP mentioned, definitely do the Hogwarts walk through of the full line. My husband doesn't ride (motion sickness) but walks through the line with us and then just waits in the child swap room with my youngest who hates dark rides. That way you don't have to put everything in a locker either. Also walk through the line for the Dragon coaster if you're interested in the triwizard championship theming, and of course all the shops/atmosphere in Hogsmeade.

I don't get motion sickness generally and find Tranformers and Forbidden Journey really jerky (but ride them for my kids because my husband will get sick) so I would avoid them. I once rode Forbidden Journey four times in a row with my son and that was a BIG mistake. The studio tour is not bad at all, just a little shaky during Earthquake and Kong.

For the Harry Potter ride, be sure to ask the staff about a castle tour. They will let you get in the front of the line queue, and you can see all the inside of the castle. At some point near the end of the line you will tell the staff that you are on a castle tour, and they will direct you to the exit. It's also great for young kids who don't meet height requirement.

There is plenty of HP to see if you don't ride. As PP mentioned, definitely do the Hogwarts walk through of the full line. My husband doesn't ride (motion sickness) but walks through the line with us and then just waits in the child swap room with my youngest who hates dark rides.

Thank you. Really appreciate the feedback. Silly question but to clarify...is the Hogwarts walk through the same as the castle tour...is the same as the line for Forbidden Journey? Or are these different attractions?

(Thanks for the warning too about quesy. My husband has a sensitive stomach...so it may just be my two kids riding. My younger one (will be 8 and she's tall) is brave so she will probably want to go on these.

I was reading older threads to prepare for a Universal visit, so not sure if you have already gone on your trip yet. If you haven't I read some blogs that said the HP ride is getting new glasses, maybe it's already happened? That's supposed to make it smooother. Apparently a lot of the motion sickness problems were the glasses. Maybe that would help?

I was reading older threads to prepare for a Universal visit, so not sure if you have already gone on your trip yet. If you haven't I read some blogs that said the HP ride is getting new glasses, maybe it's already happened? That's supposed to make it smooother. Apparently a lot of the motion sickness problems were the glasses. Maybe that would help?

The HP ride is no longer in 3D so there are no glasses anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter