Rides NOT included with Express Pass?

iujen94

DIS Veteran
I feel like this information is probably out there somewhere, but I'm having trouble finding it. Does anyone know of a list of the rides and shows that are NOT included with Express Pass? Thanks!

Yes, Pteranodon Flyers is the only one I can think of and I never ride it because its just DH and I. There are no shows that I've ever used EP for or ever needed EP for.

I feel like this information is probably out there somewhere, but I'm having trouble finding it. Does anyone know of a list of the rides and shows that are NOT included with Express Pass? Thanks!

If the new Harry Potter ride will be open on your next visit, we do not yet know if it will accept express pass.

If the new Harry Potter ride will be open on your next visit, we do not yet know if it will accept express pass.

I did some googling but wasn’t able to find anything about an opening date other than “2019”. Any rumors about when that will open? I’m guessing pretty much zero chance it’ll be open by mid-February?

They're not rides but neither Ollivander's nor Raptor Encounter have Express.

Yes, Pteranodon Flyers is the only one I can think of and I never ride it because its just DH and I. There are no shows that I've ever used EP for or ever needed EP for.
We use EP for the Horror Makeup Show. EP gets the first few rows. Not necessary by any means, but it is nice to get a bit closer.

We have also used it at Animal Actors. EP gets let in first, so you can pick out seats that work best for you.

Years and years ago (before there were any Harry Potter lands) we rope-dropped Pteranodon Flyers simply because it was the only ride without Express, my kids really wanted to do it, and the lines tended to be pretty long.

I did some googling but wasn’t able to find anything about an opening date other than “2019”. Any rumors about when that will open? I’m guessing pretty much zero chance it’ll be open by mid-February?

I don't have anything more than 2019 either, but the ride is still under construction, so I would assume summer/fall opening.

Years and years ago (before there were any Harry Potter lands) we rope-dropped Pteranodon Flyers simply because it was the only ride without Express, my kids really wanted to do it, and the lines tended to be pretty long.

We have rope dropped PF every year since HP does have EP and PF doesn't. The lines do get very long.

We use EP for the Horror Makeup Show. EP gets the first few rows. Not necessary by any means, but it is nice to get a bit closer.

We have also used it at Animal Actors. EP gets let in first, so you can pick out seats that work best for you.

Yes, there are shows that have EP, but none that *need* EP in order to see it. If someone were on the fence about buying EP, I wouldn't consider EP at the shows to be a selling point. But, valid point that you do get better seating at these shows much like FP+ shows at WDW.

Yes, there are shows that have EP, but none that *need* EP in order to see it. If someone were on the fence about buying EP, I wouldn't consider EP at the shows to be a selling point. But, valid point that you do get better seating at these shows much like FP+ shows at WDW.
Oh absolutely. OP didn’t say they were on the fence, so I didn’t answer with that in mind.

Nice to have, yes. Need to have, no.

The shows at Universal typically don’t get so crowded that you couldn’t find a decent seat using standby - even showing up at the last minute.

My point was more - if you have EP already, you can use it for the shows.

Oh absolutely. OP didn’t say they were on the fence, so I didn’t answer with that in mind.

Nice to have, yes. Need to have, no.

The shows at Universal typically don’t get so crowded that you couldn’t find a decent seat using standby - even showing up at the last minute.

My point was more - if you have EP already, you can use it for the shows.

I understand. The OP was inquiring what wasn't included, so I can only conclude he or she was debating whether it was worth it to purchase EP or stay at a resort with EP. I was just pointing out that I didn't think the shows added to the value.

I am an adult without young kids and I have always wanted to do PF. Waiting for the grandkids, lol, but it may be gone by then. Oh well.

I am an adult without young kids and I have always wanted to do PF. Waiting for the grandkids, lol, but it may be gone by then. Oh well.

Just yesterday someone on the UO AP Facebook page was “offering” her kid as a co-rider for PF. Find an overwhelmed or scared looking parent (that ride is more terrifying to me than Dr Doom) and offer to go with their kid. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter