Rides to Avoid with Motion Sickness?

brandyleeann

Mouseketeer
Hi there,

I am hoping to hear from you about rides I should avoid for my little guy (7) who gets a bit of motion sickness from time to time. He LOVES rides and did not get sick on Space Mountain, 7DMT, Splash Mountain so I think drops are okay. I think spinning might be hard on him. We have only been to MK and this trip we are there for a week and hitting each park, so your feedback on rides to avoid across all WDW parks would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much :)

I'll second mission space orange. I love all rollercoasters, I don't get motion sickness..But mission space orange is too brutal for me. I've ridden every coaster at Disney, Busch Gardens Tampa, Sea World, Six Flags New Orleans, Six Flags in Houston.. And Mission Space orange side was easily the most intense imo out of any ride I've done.

My wife gets motion sickness and she avoids Star Tours

I haven't tried Mission Space orange, but I would suggest to avoid it.

Other ones I have a hard time with:
Primeval Whirl
Astro Orbiter
Star Tours
Alice's Teacups
Cindy's Carousel

Everybody is different, but this is what I might caution against:
Mission Space
Everest
Prime Evil Whirl
Astro Orbiter
Tea Cups
Star Tours

I watched the youtube video of Mission Space Green and Orange and I got sick just from those.
To add to the list: Dumbo

My kids and I get motion sickness so we take an all day non-drowsy Dramamine and are fine on most rides. The only ride where I could literally feel the Dramamine fighting the nausea was Star Tours.

I get motion sick pretty easily - I can't ride:

Mission Space (orange or green)
Soarin (unless I close my eyes part of the time)
Tea Cups
Star Tours
Primeval Whirl
Those are consistent for me - I will get sick.

I have trouble on bad days with:
Dumbo
Astro Orbitor
Magic Carpets
Cinderella's Carousel
360 Movie in China
360 Movie in Canada

If I'm slightly sick or dehydrated:
Any ride can set me off

Unknown -
FOP - haven't tried it yet

Basically - you need to find out if its just things that go in circles and/or if its when the visual and body movement don't align with each other. You are only going to learn that by trial and error. I leave some rides for the end of the day - if I like them - but worry they might make me sick. That way - I don't ruin my whole day! Given how poorly I do with any simulator ride - I'm expecting FoP to be bad for me - but I still plan on trying it at some point!

My kids and I get motion sickness so we take an all day non-drowsy Dramamine and are fine on most rides. The only ride where I could literally feel the Dramamine fighting the nausea was Star Tours.

I second this. I will NEVER ride Star Tours again. :crazy2: Mission Space was a close second ( and I did green). I would also avoid anything that spins, like the Teacups and Primeval Whirl.

I can go on most anything else, including Soarin.

Star tours! It used to be my favorite, however these days I just can't do it! The motion & the 3D just kill me.

My husband, who only has ever gotten sick on Mission Space (Before they had Orange or Green) got sick on FOP. He had to close his eyes and when he got off, he looked bad. I can't do Star Tours because of this. I did not ride FOP but he will never go on it again.

Hi there,

I am hoping to hear from you about rides I should avoid for my little guy (7) who gets a bit of motion sickness from time to time. He LOVES rides and did not get sick on Space Mountain, 7DMT, Splash Mountain so I think drops are okay. I think spinning might be hard on him. We have only been to MK and this trip we are there for a week and hitting each park, so your feedback on rides to avoid across all WDW parks would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much :)
I have motion sickness that is triggered by spinning, and I can't ride Mission Space (either version) or the Tea Cups without feeling ill for quite a while afterwards. I'm actually okay with Primeval Whirl, because although that jolts you around a bit, there is no sustained spinning.

I'm fine with Soarin, Star Tours, Dumbo, Prince Charming's Regal Carousel, and regular roller coasters.

Primeval Whirl and Star Tours are the worst for me, and Astro Orbiter bothers me a bit. I get nauseous just looking at the Tea Cups. Everest gets to me if I ride it several times in a row. I take ginger capsules every morning at Disney and that helps a lot. As long as I've taken ginger, the only ride I will completely avoid is Tea Cups.

Mission Space: Orange - I will never try it again.

Other ones that get me but only after multiple, quick rides in a row:
Teacups
Star Tours

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter