• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rides with an infant

RSGroup

Mouseketeer
Is there a good list somewhere of which rides you can go on with an infant (in a front sling or something)? If not, can we start one here?

We took our 6 month old on all of the rides that he was allowed to go on. Obviously, none were "thrill" rides but he even rode things like Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and all of the 3-D movies. A carrier or sling is a good idea for rides like the Safari at AK and the Backlot tour at MGM where you are riding in open vehicles.

Now our son is almost 2 and I don't think he will be going on Pirates or HM this time - he could scare much easier now. I also think he is going to hate the characters. Oh well - we'll still have a magical time!

Back in Dec we took our then 9 month old on every ride we could. (that means not the roller costers or AA.) She loved them all, really like DUMBO and those like it. Her favorite was TTA. I think she just likes moving and seeing things go by. Small World gets a lot of flack, but when you have a baby it is a great ride and you an see and enjoy it from a whole new point of view. (wow, look at all those kids just my size!!!) Anything in Fantasy land is good, but gets busy fast.

Beware of rides where the bar comes down automaticly, (HM, peter pan) don't have the baby on your lap!!!

She liked the rides more then the shows or parades. She didn't like waiting for them. Oh, muppet show 3 D was way to loud for her and she cried the whole time. ALOT of things blow up in it. We thought se would like it because she loves the Muppets, but no.
We used a over the hip sling a few times, it was good. However the best thing we had the whole trip was a stoller that also turned into a back pack. It is by Instep and sells for around $50. When the parks got too full to maneuver around we just straped her on my husbands back and walked out. It worked great during a parade!!!!!!

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter