Rides with little leg room

I agree about seven dwarfs mine train - I got in car and got right back out, there was no way I could've sat in that car. Big thunder mountain was not a problem, for me. Small world, they gave us a handicap boat and there was so much room - no issue what so ever. Pirates - no problem. We only went to Magic Kingdom, so I can not comment on Mexico ride, dinosaur, soaring, test track, Kilimanjaro safari or great movie ride. But, I do agree about any theater show and haunted mansion - I, actually, was afraid of haunted mansion do to the ride not stopping to load/unload - but, I didn't have any issue. I didn't do know he people mover because I seem to think that I had an issue with that before my knee replacement. Thanks for your reply, we already were there about 3 weeks ago.

Hope you had a good time and your knees held out. Did you go on the Everest ride, I was wondering about the leg room. We are visiting in September and my husband wears a knee brace and has little bend in it. We are trying to plan the rides to try and ones to avoid.

I have two badly arthritic knees that need replacing and I have started using an ECV to get around on my trips to WDW. I'm tall with a lot of my height in my legs and for some reason I have zero problems ridding the 7DMT - is that odd or what? lol! I've been on it many times and never had a problem with it hurting my knees. I have more problems with Small World and Splash Mountain - my two worst. I still ride Splash because it's my son's favorite but I'm so so happy to get out of that boat. Small World - I think to do that again I'd have to ask for the alternative boat. I've seen the Mine Train mentioned so much for those of us with knee issues so it's kind of interesting. I guess it shows how individual this all can be.

I think the harder rides for me are ones where the seat is NOT very elevated in relation to the floor. Mine train the seat is up higher but for Small World the seats on the boat feel like they're only a foot above the floor -same on Splash.

I've never had a problem on Everest. I'm guessing on most rides if you get on and realize it's a bad fit - just get off. I try to always be the last person on (like a boat ride so I could step back off) or on Everest I let my kid on first so he has to scoot across to the farther seat. That way if I had any trouble I could just exit right there where you board.

OP what degree of range of motion did you have when you went? My BF has about 60-80 depending on the day and I'm worried about him riding rides. Thanks

OP what degree of range of motion did you have when you went? My BF has about 60-80 depending on the day and I'm worried about him riding rides. Thanks
I had around 100 degrees at that time. 60-80 will be tough, but, I think most rides will be doable. Definitely rent a scooter and make sure the cm know you will need a little time. Does your bf walk with a cane? That will be very helpful, as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter