RIP Citrus Swirl, end of an era at Magic Kingdom

"They said the orange soft serve is now vegan-friendly (just the orange which you can get by itself) and a new recipe that legally prohibits them from calling it a “citrus swirl”."

Doesn't seem like it's that big of a chance so hopefully no one will be too disappointed.

I've never been a Citrus Swirl fan... but don't even think about touching my Dole Whip.

Eh. I didn't care for the citrus swirl when I tried it a few years ago. It tasted like I was eating frozen concentrated orange juice which I guess is exactly what it was. Every once in a while I will have a Dolewhip but it's not a must-do for me.

and a new recipe that legally prohibits them from calling it a “citrus swirl”

In other words, there’s no citrus in it.

So orange swirl means orange flavoring and/or orange color.

Ew.

I've never been a Citrus Swirl fan... but don't even think about touching my Dole Whip.

Did you know Dole has changed the ingredients in the pineapple dole whip product at least three times since 2007?

My son and husband had problems with the ingredients back then (their first time with a dole whip float is what helped to start to pinpoint their issues) so I check every so often. I’ve noticed changes every few years. (And it’s gone from something that wasn’t edible IMO to something that tastes sort of ok)

So they've already been messing with it. :)

If it's as good as the orange Dole Whip they used to have, I'd be happy. Apparently it's now a different recipe, so I won't know until I try it, whether I like the new version.

I always loved the citrus swirl until I tried a dole whip. My real favorite was a strawberry swirl I had in MK in 2007 near the teacups. It was amazing. When we went back in 2009 it was gone.

So...the 'more vegan' part made me giggle. Wasn't citrus swirl actually orange juice? Isn't that vegan? Or...was it the soft-serve part that wasn't vegan? I have to agree with PP....just a bean counter thing, I think.

I'm confused, how is the orange swirl not the same thing? Both are presumably made of orange juice.

I love the citrus swirl. I am sad to see it go. Is the orange dole whip just orange soft service like a creamsicle?

I'm confused, how is the orange swirl not the same thing? Both are presumably made of orange juice.

The Citrus Swirl was vanilla soft-serve with orange ice swirled through it. The orange part was like Popsicle ice.

Orange Dole Whip is orange flavored soft serve. The orange part is creamy just like the vanilla part swirled with it.

Yeah, it's that the Citrus Swirl was a unique item that had a flavor that couldn't be found anywhere else, at least not that I knew of.

Now it's just orange ice cream.

Another kick in the gut from the Disney penny counters. The Citrus Swirl was in my top 3 snack list. It was something unique, a tart/sweet refreshing bit of goodness that is totally different from what they are replacing it with. Thanks Disney, we can't afford a WDW trip right now and your making it easier to deal with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter